[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline marks231
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

120.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2010, 06:52:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

This is such a nice story. I like the fact that how do you get someone to come to your store and buy supplies and help the local economy? You tell a story of hugh wealth just around the corner and you just need to pick it up and cash it in and sit back the rest of your life. After some research into this I come up with some great conclusions.
1. Jacob Waltz was there.
2. Jacob Waltz drove gold wagon for a # of years for a mining company.
3. Jacob Waltz was fired for theft of gold weighing less when he arrived vs. when he left. (some fell off Wink )
4. Julia could not find his stash, but could make money by selling maps to a place she could not find.
5. Numerous fiction writers could write a book about a guide to fortune that every person who wanted to better his life could go out and do so and sit back and watch royalties from book sales add up.
6. Outlaws, scoundrels, hermits, all wanted to head to the hills and not be found and would try to pop a cork in your butt to stay hidden, and did so there.
7. While taking a leak a guy trips over a treasure stone and then another which is bought out by a corp. in Nevada who's members are all living in Apache Junction.
8. I feel at this point the state dept of Arizona should go thru this barren area and form more paths with arrows to guide wanna-be gold-diggers back out safely.
9. I feel you are blessed by the clean air and beautiful arid mountain region and the golden sunsets and should somehow feel responsible for the people who go in there looking for a cave glimmering in gold from the setting sun.

Thanks for reading my opinions and the heat it will generate as the nights are getting cooler.  Grin
Mark

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7142.msg124356.html#msg124356

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
76%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2010, 10:05:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

Mark I tend to agree with all of your conclusions except #8.......Any state that is in such dire financial straits that they have to sell their capitol and lease it back (among other things they have had to do in the last 12 months to generate operating funds) just isn't in a position to do #8 no matter how many people think they should.    Besides, people who go wandering off into areas such as the Superstitions bear a responsibility to properly prepare and to be aware of the potential dangers.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7142.msg124394.html#msg124394

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2010, 05:30:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All

I tend to agree with you both. The Dutchman lost mine is a powerful moving story. Thousands of people every year make a pilgrimage to search the mountains for the elusive mine.

It full fills a fundamental human need. The need and desire to search and discover, this is a very old human trait, a throw back to the times when we were hunters and gathers. That genetic trait can be found in most of us.

In our modern world our food is processed and packaged and we are programed by rules regulations and by the need of employment. The very fact of just being out there can full fill that need. Its journey and not the destination that matters. And it does not really matter that the story is a legend.

As for responsibility, No State can take responsibility for stupid people. No signage and warnings in world will stop them. It is the persons own responsibility to prepare and understand the dangers of exploring places like this.

I have no sympathy for the foolhardy who endanger lives of others that have to rescue them.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7142.msg124462.html#msg124462

Offline marks231
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

120.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2010, 09:05:37 am »
Go Up Go Down

I feel that selling your capitol to gain capital funds is anal and how many wide seated government employee's could you call and get a attitude that you were interrupting their day.
 We all know that government spending needs to be addressed and at each and every level, while we pay out huge amount of tax each year after hard work we find out that money is being spent on the life span of a cactus by a selected group, comprised of friends of some gov. official.
 We are told that inflation is low, but when you crank up the printing press on the $100.00 bill machine and put out another trillion what happens to the $1.00 bill?
 Are we are told of how much is dumped into under-ground facilities to house select individuals in case of emergency, I envy you folks living there in a moderate climate because when Bill Gates and David Rockefeller start the 90% reduction in population you can live in the hills more easy than I can survive northern Michigan's winters (Look on you-tube at their video's).
 I love the dream of tripping over a lost Gold mine worth millions or Noah's ark in the woods, or the ark of the covenant, but I will stick to the daily grind of mediocre work and bank my placer gold in a hole in the wall and the thought of a Lunker Bass on this cast. I love being outside and it does a body good to get some exercise and enjoy nature. Most of the snow has melted off here from the last 2 days and we will get about 120 inches in the next 4 months +or- 40",  enjoy the beauty whenever you are, have a great day.                                                                 
                                                                            Mark

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7142.msg124746.html#msg124746

Offline halfdollor
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

520.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

WHITES MXT PRO
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2010, 06:54:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Rider Sound like a good place to stay away from if you don't won't to get shot in the head dam good shots or close one, if i had to say i think the mine has already been drank up and whore up a 100 years ago

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7142.msg128878.html#msg128878

Offline jen
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

60.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

cheap detector
« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2010, 04:15:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

i lived in east mesa as a kid n my brother n step father would go up putting around up in the superstitions and they have been shot at before. peoples mules are takin and they get left to walk out if they can but most men fail to exit....4 whatever reason. i heard a story about late at night one year like 6 helicopters went in and then flew out of the mountains. some say feds got there hands on it.....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7142.msg133354.html#msg133354

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2010, 07:24:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Love your icon Jen. There is signs leading to treasure. But the reading of the signs takes an art. If one piece of the sign is missing, as I suspect here, then the trail would have to be picked up later. I too have heard warnings of not going to the mountains in certain areas by the old timers who lived there. I have also heard stories of the Govt. taking gold caches, but not related to your storie. I do believe there is caches still out there. Claiming them may prove to be a challenge.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7142.msg133370.html#msg133370

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline edjcox
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

745.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Safari
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2010, 10:42:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I guess I'll say it again.... Show me one piece of gold that originated in the Superstitions....

I think the Geology here is all wrong for gold origin.  The mountains folded up millinia ago and gold wasn't there unlike further west. The vertical folds concentrated volcanic mineral qurtaz with gold copper and zilver in the solutions. But all that was closer to the coast. Gold there in the Suerstitions would abest be deep rock and not evidence at the surface would have told old miners where to sink shafts for it.

Have fun out there an bring water and weapons...   That Lost Dutchman wasn't lost he was rustling up tourist gold...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7142.msg134850.html#msg134850

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2011, 01:03:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Edjcox

I suppose it comes down to definitions of what area we define as part of the Superstitions. Would you include the gold field area as part of the Superstition park?

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7142.msg134859.html#msg134859

Offline Penny
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

metal and own design
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2012, 06:37:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thanks for information listing Lost Dutchman Mine.
I have been interested in this site for over 10 years, I have visited the site and found location of interest north of Highway 60 in the Wilderness area of The Superstitious Mountains.

As you know, no mining is now allowed in this designated area.
I am ready to state that the "Lost Dutchman" is now a misnomer.

Penny

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7142.msg219231.html#msg219231

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up
Jump to: