[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia
Referrals: 0

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2010, 09:35:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

whats with hikeing up in these Mountains , gold in the backpack and then hitting the self destruct button with a bullet !!! Very strange , if these stories are true?
 Knowing that , if i had some idea where Dutchie had his mine , id like a good solid vest and helmet for insurance. Another theory to addin the mix, Perhaps there rearly is some kind of Indian curse? If someone has any more info of a possible curse ? Id be interested to know ...  how did the name of these mountains come to be,, Goldnboy Cool

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7142.msg86049.html#msg86049

Offline AzSearcher
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2010, 05:16:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

In all of this post, maybe I missed it but did anybody else ever notice the sign at Tortilla Flat (along the Apache Trail, near the SS Mountains) in front of the restaurant, claiming that the restaurant and / or bar was founded by Jakob Walzer? Where did he get the money to build this, if it is in fact true?

------------

Bear,

I like your photos, but to me it appears your looking at shadows, not geological formations. My other question is, isn't this kind of like crop circles? I mean your comparing a 100 year old map to a satellite photo from a prospective they did not have back then. And for sure don't you think the landscape has changed since the rock map was made, if in fact it is authentic? I'm not saysing your not on the right track, but I do a lot of geo-caching with GPS and sat photos, and often things change quite a bit, even with the season.

And just a comment for anybody thinking of searching in this area, it's hard to imagine how rough this terrain really is until you have seen it with your own eyes. Even from Phoenix it looks so-so, but not up close. It would not be hard to get lost in this area, at least not before GPS.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7142.msg86495.html#msg86495

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 06:04:38 pm by AzSearcher »
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2010, 06:10:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good points Az but how can you argue with Google maps and photo 1000's of miles away

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7142.msg86500.html#msg86500

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2010, 10:41:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

seldom you have been smocking too much    lol
 i do agree though, how is it that we get a sat map and stone map from say 100 years ago and solve th puzzle ? If its known that Waltz was into flying over the area and making maps maby! btu i dont think so.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7142.msg86566.html#msg86566

Offline The Bear
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

285.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2010, 05:51:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

#1 Jacob waltz, had nothing to do with the stones being made....
 #2 Although ariel views were not available. Weaver's needle was used as the look off point.
 #3 Google earth is a Photo of the earth from up above, No different then a Photo from a chopper just not as much detail.

It don't matter if you believe what I say or want to see what I see.
 The map was made so that only the creator would be able to read it. Do you think that they would use thinks that are prodomenent like horizons, rockfaces or the shape of a mountain?
 I would agree with you, If it wasn't the fact that ALL the map is shown in the same place as the stones.

If you have the file that I sent to those that asked for proof, then you can either check it out or just deny it. What more can I do to show you? REALY, If you have it in your mind that I am incorrect? Then I could send you pics of the mine itself and you wouldn't admit to it.

So say what you want. I have posted my finding and shown how I came to figure it out. There is not much else I can do except show you everything, but I'm not gonna do that for anyone.....
I still do enjoy your posts and comments.
Thanks...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7142.msg86594.html#msg86594

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2010, 04:08:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ok Bear , fair comment ! When ive got more time ill have another look at the stones and info provided and se what i can make of it. It would be great to solve this mystery...    Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7142.msg86711.html#msg86711

Offline AzSearcher
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2010, 06:07:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It does appear to be the prespective of the top of Weavers Needle, within a couple hundred feet or so. It would be nice to get a current photo from this angle (the top of Weavers Needle), any takers?  Shocked  lol... Thats a healthy climb.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7142.msg86719.html#msg86719

Offline goldpanner99
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

125.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher gold bug 1989
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2010, 07:14:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

looks like i caught the topic a little late, but anyway . ive always been a fan of the ld mines ever since me and leonard nimoy went in search of it on t.v. that was the first time i had heard of it, i dont think i would make a special trip ....but if i happened to be in the area i probably would...................one other thing about maps and directions to this or any other lost mine,  always use them as basic guidlines , me myself couldn't give very good directions to places, even my favorite spots,  something always seems to get left out and i am sure this is the case in arizona also...but if you get the chance go with an open mind and hope to see you in the treasure mags................good luck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7142.msg86728.html#msg86728

Offline Walter E. Haas
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2010, 03:19:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Lost Dutchman!

I came,I saw,I conquered completes the story with two bullets in the head.Follow those who guided him in
to the valley.State and local players involved.Mine blown up,and cover up.Strange happenings with left
overs.Mine found no results.Gold of purest quality not found.Night flights by egg beater in 1960s,and it goes on.What gold Dutchman had was of best metal.

There is theory that the Dutchman had worked in other mines, and use Lost Dutchman as decoy.This has
some validity as he had work in company gold mines.

Since he left Phoenix and went into the mountains with his mule we can assume there was gold as he
gave what he had to friend and directions on his death bed?One story has it.Certainly there is black magic
in  those mountains as I can attest to.I was running on the trail back to civilization with the hawks above
and the silence below.Can be real spooky.I ran into couple lost and showed them way back.They could not see the trail and where heading into no man's land.This is what happens to many causing death.Also once
in a while some one kills them for whatever reasons.I always go armed.You are the law in the superstitions mountains..A beautiful and some time spooky place.Know you way,and sleep with one eye open.

Let Friends know where you are going in the mountains.Better two for safety,and a good guard dog.Water
is number one.I wish you well on your journey.To seek gold and find yourself is priceless.The superstitions have much to offer.Good Luck.

Walter E. Haas

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7142.msg88960.html#msg88960

Offline bomber
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male