[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline treasuremomoTopic starter
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« on: October 23, 2009, 12:25:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

I would never advocate grave robbing, but it has been a theory of mine throughout the years that plenty of money caches were buried in false graves. I believe some of the Civil War payroll caches were disguised to look like graves complete with grave markers and all-Think about it--wouldn't that be one smart way to throw off folks from finding that gold or silver, etc. I don't search in graveyards for obvious reasons--don't want to be tarred and feathered or charged for vandalism or grave robbing-ha!  And besides, there's a Godawful lot of graves in the world-which one do you pick-ha!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8828.msg55335.html#msg55335

« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 12:29:05 am by treasuremomo »
Offline DragunX5
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

260.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites Prizm VI - DetectorPro Headhunter Pulse
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 05:58:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I think without a doubt there is hidden treasure in graves. It goes back as far as Egyptian times where pharoahs were buried with many riches which were of course all looted over time. But i know there have been stories of treasure hidden in coffins....18th century pirates used to do this to throw off other pirates by claiming its a burial of a crewmate etc but in fact it was treasure stored out of greed to be collected again by the pirate who stashed it, of course the body that was meant to be in the coffin was thrown over board.

Not the easiest thing to find or look for hehe but its nice to think about.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8828.msg55515.html#msg55515

Offline calico kid
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gmt / bounty hunter 505
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 06:52:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

interesting theory,  but in some states grave robbing is a felony.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8828.msg55655.html#msg55655

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 07:43:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All

It is a very interesting theory you have.

There is no doubt that there is false graves out there solely design to hide treasure. I know of a story of some Bushrangers gold supposedly lie buried in a bush grave the Abercrombie region of N.S.W Australia. The sole reason it was placed in a false grave was deter superstitious Chinese and Australian gold diggers of the 1860's from finding it.

There are very modern graves with treasure in them. There is a sad story I know of a family who lost their only son who died from a car crash and was buried about 20 year ago. The family was so devastated at the time they did not even want to have the money from their dead sons bank account and wanted it buried with him. It was about 30.000 dollars.

It as been an age old tradition to bury money and goods with the dead for the afterlife. However for me personally I believe the money would of been better spent if it was donated to a charity.

With graves it better to let the dead lie in peace and no money is worth the wrath of the dead persons family or a lynching by the general public.

Ancient tombs are a little different as there is no real direct relations to the grave. However in some cultures it is becoming more of an issue of their ancestral heritage being violated.

For your health I think it is better to stay away from graves as a treasure hunter.

Hardluck.  Huh?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8828.msg55673.html#msg55673

Offline Alan Hassell
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 07:52:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

grave robbing used to be a big thing back in the 1800's there was a big demand for fresh stiffs to be used for medicinal purposes only hehe today Archaeologists do it for fun and are free from prosecution even if they are grave robbers hehe
But if you visit any museum that has a gallery devoted to Egypt you will always find a stiff or two in there anyway

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8828.msg55677.html#msg55677

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 08:27:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello

You seem to be alluding to the infamous Burke and Hare. They found a less strenuous way of supplying bodies after awhile. It is what you call in the business world cutting back to core operations!  Grin

Hardluck   Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8828.msg55682.html#msg55682

micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 10:57:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Grave Robbing ought to be a felony---I don't believe a person ought to be doing such things--I believe in Leaving the Dead Alone---Let them Rest is My Theory!  But I still say there's Treasures buried disguised as graves...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8828.msg55691.html#msg55691

micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 11:09:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hardluck, I wholeheartedly agree--that's why I wouldn't ever go digging around in graveyards. I Know if I found someone digging around in my folk's graves--thered be hell to pay son! And it wouldn't be ol' Satan doing the dealing---it'd be me and my two kinfolks-Smith & Wesson, as ol' Clint Eastwood might say--"Make My Day"... Club Wise Or as the country folks used to say--"Katy, bar the door!" And all that Jazz!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8828.msg55694.html#msg55694

« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 11:14:09 pm by treasuremomo »
Offline pccvanwilder
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 03:23:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

before you read one or two sentences of this, i would ask you to not write off what i say but hear me out and consider the real implications when it comes to finding treasure buried in graves. i am about as big of a pirate buff/researcher as there is. there is much... maybe more than you realize... truth to what you say about treasure being placed in graves. however, there is another thing that needs to be addressed besides the laws and truth in your theory that others have mentioned.

i live on the gulf coast and sometimes people who are not living down here or from down here do not realize the truth in what i am about to say.  the gulf coast (especially new orleans) is one of the most satanic and demonic places in the country. much of this surrounds religions that actually were brought to this country by pirates, in the form of slaves and and recruited crews from carribean islands such as haiti, etc., that not only are rumored to be satanic but have festivals to remember the pact they made with satan to gain their independence and to worship him. now... how that relates to treasure hunting.

i firmly believe that most legends of the world are based on at least partial truth. when it comes to digging up graves, or even fake graves to get treasure, legends of curses and spirits guarding treasure is not as far fetched as you might first think. let me give you ONE example. i dont know if you have ever watched the movie the "skeleton key", but it is set in nor orleans and is about how spirits use new bodies to live on... and then finding new bodies as those get old. i know how ridiculous this sounds, and yet good Christian friends of mine who grew up in haiti, say that exact thing is known to happen for a fact. there is documented proof of taking one person and switching their soul to another body.

i have said all this to say one thing. when disturbing graves, looking for treasure, you may very well have success as others have throughout the years. but just be careful. there are reasons that graves that are known to have treasure in and around them, have not been disturbed. lake charles in louisiana is a perfect example, of how that whole region was known to hold tons of treasure, but even people on the pirate ships, who were left behind, did not disturb the graves because they were from the caribbean and understood exactly what that meant they would encounter from the spirits of those who were killed and ritually commanded to protect the treasure.

this is not some kind of way of getting any kind of religious message across, because as a christian, i neither fear satan or his power. but legends are all based on at least some truth, and if you have heard legends of pirate treasure in graves being protected by spirits, there is a reason.

read the "ghosts of flight 401"

if there we that many sightings, why could there not be the same when it comes to pirate treasure and guardians of it. maybe more of the legends are true than we think

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8828.msg59447.html#msg59447

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 04:09:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by pccvanwilder
before you read one or two sentences of this, i would ask you to not write off what i say but hear me out and consider the real implications when it comes to finding treasure buried in graves. i am about as big of a pirate buff/researcher as there is. there is much... maybe more than you realize... truth to what you say about treasure being placed in graves. however, there is another thing that needs to be addressed besides the laws and truth in your theory that others have mentioned.

i live on the gulf coast and sometimes people who are not living down here or from down here do not realize the truth in what i am about to say.  the gulf coast (especially new orleans) is one of the most satanic and demonic places in the country. much of this surrounds religions that actually were brought to this country by pirates, in the form of slaves and and recruited crews from carribean islands such as haiti, etc., that not only are rumored to be satanic but have festivals to remember the pact they made with satan to gain their independence and to worship him. now... how that relates to treasure hunting.

i firmly believe that most legends of the world are based on at least partial truth. when it comes to digging up graves, or even fake graves to get treasure, legends of curses and spirits guarding treasure is not as far fetched as you might first think. let me give you ONE example. i dont know if you have ever watched the movie the "skeleton key", but it is set in nor orleans and is about how spirits use new bodies to live on... and then finding new bodies as those get old. i know how ridiculous this sounds, and yet good Christian friends of mine who grew up in haiti, say that exact thing is known to happen for a fact. there is documented proof of taking one person and switching their soul to another body.

i have said all this to say one thing. when disturbing graves, looking for treasure, you may very well have success as others have throughout the years. but just be careful. there are reasons that graves that are known to have treasure in and around them, have not been disturbed. lake charles in louisiana is a perfect example, of how that whole region was known to hold tons of treasure, but even people on the pirate ships, who were left behind, did not disturb the graves because they were from the caribbean and understood exactly what that meant they would encounter from the spirits of those who were killed and ritually commanded to protect the treasure.

this is not some kind of way of getting any kind of religious message across, because as a christian, i neither fear satan or his power. but legends are all based on at least some truth, and if you have heard legends of pirate treasure in graves being protected by spirits, there is a reason.

read the "ghosts of flight 401"

if there we that many sightings, why could there not be the same when it comes to pirate treasure and guardians of it. maybe more of the legends are true than we think

Utter poppycock. My humble opinion, yes, but backed by fact and not scary stories.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8828.msg59462.html#msg59462

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: