[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline cjcTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you37

Activity
2%

Canada
Referrals: 0

2605.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 64.0.3282.167
Chrome 64.0.3282.167

WWW Awards

Aquasearch, (2) Barracuda (2), Dual Field (2), CZ5,  CZ21 wi/ MGMs, Excal, Sov. Elite, TDI
« on: February 20, 2018, 06:25:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

22/ CTX 3030 Big Coil Gold Hunting

The first time I took the CTX 17” coil out was both a “rude awakening” and the beginning of an important learning process.  I jumped into a deep section with it, swished around for a while and heard absolutely nothing.  Later when I returned with a pulse–the same section “came alive” with signals.  “Wasn’t this thing supposed to be deep as “all get go?”  It certainly “looked deep.” There were a few things I needed to understand in order to become an effective gold hunter with the CTX 3030’s 17” coil.

First, with any detector that processes a complex signal there is a “disconnect” between the machine and the ground.  This “no man’s land” is the actual process–the electronic “work” that allows all the fancy things it does.  In effect, you are not hearing the actual ground.  What you are hearing is a reproduction in digital language of the ground’s electromagnetic properties.    What this means is that these machines (BBS, FBS…) can lose depth but at the same time–not loose threshold.  That is, they can sound stable but still be being affected greatly by the ground’s properties.  A stable threshold is the default.  As will be explained in more detailed below, the larger the coil you are using–the greater this ground affect will be.

Secondly, when you run a larger coil, everything is magnified.  This coil is attempting to process a larger chunk of ground and this brings more work to the machine’s processor.   Now, keep in mind that the CTX already has “a lot going on.”  Add to this more ground noise, more targets, and more EMI from various sources.   The result is that targets are now smaller by relation and take more time to respond.

It was only when I learned to become more aware of the conditions, run appropriate Sensitivity settings and focus upon coil control that this loop began to show its strengths…

by Clive James Clynick

clivesgoldpage.com

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,67081.msg323527.html#msg323527

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 06:25:45 pm by cjc »
Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: