[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 08:25:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

First off you are clueless on the subject you wish to talk about. With out more info nobody can help you.

Now you keep messing with me and you will find yourself outside looking in this is your one and only warning.

Posted on: December 17, 2012, 08:21:46 AM
Quote:Posted by lovnit
have ever measured to a buried marker,

There are no repeat NO buried signs or markers the Spanish did not put a big old X to mark the spot.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38748.msg238888.html#msg238888

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline lovnitTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Chile

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 02:12:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well Seldom you have just answered my question that you really don't know what you are talking about, Why don't you put up some info(anything)that will help the public find something.

Posted on: December 17, 2012, 01:08:28 PM
So far you have said there are no ghosts at treasure sites and no repeating distances or buried markers, so what IS at a treasure site???

Posted on: December 17, 2012, 01:12:03 PM
I would like to clarify my question so as not to confuse you (Seldom), What kind of markers would you find within 100 feet of a Spanish treasure vault???
{alt} 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38748.msg238912.html#msg238912
http://www.thunting.com/smf/Themes/default/images/warnmute.gif

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 02:45:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Some people get very angry when you tell them the facts that run contrary to what they believe.

Lovnit, you cannot make a treasure sign where there are none there. Simple. Wishing for them doesn't work. Never has.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38748.msg238921.html#msg238921

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Chile

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 03:49:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I never said I knew anything about treasure hunting, but Seldom claims he does, so I am calling his knowledge on this subject out. He was the one who wanted it on a public forum not me.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38748.msg238936.html#msg238936

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2012, 04:29:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

You come to a forum ask questions, get answers and don't like them.

Cool.

Then you put one of the most knowledgeable folks on the subject on the carpet (A Moderator at that ) and then have the Cojones to ask THEN WHAT IS A TREASURE SIGN?

First your about as sharp as a 100,000 year old stone axe.

You come into Our House Plashing drunken Swell on are walls and then ask for more help.

LOL

OK!   Being the kinda folks we are we let things settle down and try again to help you.

Again you come back with some Smart Azz BS!

I'm thinking you need to go back to where ever you learned this crap and talk to them because I for one want no more to do with you.

Have a good Life.

/

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38748.msg238938.html#msg238938

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
74%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 04:41:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I never said I knew anything about treasure hunting, but Seldom claims he does, so I am calling his knowledge on this subject out. He was the one who wanted it on a public forum not me.

I'm sorry, but there are only so many ways that the following can be interpreted-----
Well Seldom you have just answered my question that you really don't know what you are talking about, Why don't you put up some info(anything)that will help the public find something.

Posted on: December 17, 2012, 01:08:28 PM
So far you have said there are no ghosts at treasure sites and no repeating distances or buried markers, so what IS at a treasure site???

Posted on: December 17, 2012, 01:12:03 PM
I would like to clarify my question so as not to confuse you (Seldom), What kind of markers would you find within 100 feet of a Spanish treasure vault???

By telling Seldom "you have just answered my question that you really don't know what you are talking about" you are either claiming that you DO know something about treasure hunting OR you are stating that the answers provided by Seldom do not match beliefs that you have formulated based on unnamed sources you have read or heard.    What makes you think these other sources are more reliable than is Seldom---especially when the beliefs (ghost at treasure sites and signs/markers) tend to fly in the face of logic and the average person's (treasure hunter or otherwise) experience.

Personally I won't say there are NEVER signs, but I will say that when there are signs it is highly unlikely that they will either be obvious or that they will be the "Treasure Signs" you find in all the books and on so many web sites.   It is simply not logical that a person would go to a great deal of trouble to hide something and then mark it so that anyone can find it.   As for ghosts, I'd trust a dowser to find lost treasure before I'd ever expect a ghost to haunt one....no matter how many people were killed to guard and protect the treasure.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38748.msg238944.html#msg238944

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Chile

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 04:47:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I will ask one last question are any of you moderators willing to share the exact information on how to find a treasure from start to finish(whatever it may be). I am sure there are many people on here besides myself who would like to know.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38748.msg238946.html#msg238946

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012, 05:58:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I will ask one last question are any of you moderators willing to share the exact information on how to find a treasure from start to finish(whatever it may be). I am sure there are many people on here besides myself who would like to know.

I have personally given a description of finding a treasure based on a diary printed in a magazine. I'll summarize it here and you can search for it later.

I read a magazine that had an article of a published diary by the author's grandmother. The diary was from the late 1800s and described life in that era in California. I contacted the author because there was mention of a time when the grandmother and her sister received new dresses from their father to celebrate something not described in the diary. Presuming it was a windfall of some kind, I asked her if there were any other written journals of that time from the family. She asked me to come by and look over what she had. I did. It turned out that her grandmother's family had indeed come into some money at that time and I concluded that they may have kept some aside for a rainy day, as was the habit at the time. The family property was still intact and we set about looking for possible cache sites or areas. Starting with the house, we found a few cloth bags, now rotted badly, with coins but nothing of significance. Outside, around a former corral that abutted a fence, I discovered a post hole bank with a cache of gold and silver coins.

From a notion to a treasure. As you requested. This was not my first cache found this way and I hope it will not be my last.

I now own property granted by the King of England to the original landowner in 1634. I have traced the ownership of this property for the nearly 400 years it has been occupied. I look forward to doing a proper search on this property but have not yet discovered anything that would make me believe there is any significant cache or treasure here. Just the leavings of occupation. Time will tell.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38748.msg238950.html#msg238950

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2012, 06:26:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

And I told you open your ears son and try to learn something. The Spanish left very little documented treasure and NO repeat NO markers. You need to listen and learn or go back to what ever conspiracy site sent you here

exact information on how to find a treasure from start to finish(whatever it may be).

You are kind of dumb now aren't you read the 100's of stories here and maybe you can learn something but I have my doubts.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38748.msg238962.html#msg238962

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
74%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2012, 06:34:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Now that is a far more reasonable question which might actually get some answers.   And the answers is a plural, since every treasure is going to be different.   If there were a simple formula, we'd all be rich.  Since I assume you're only talking about LARGE and/or legendary treasures and not the more typical grandma hid the egg and milk money on the old farmstead type caches, I'll defer to my brethren.   (although I'm pretty sure the same principles apply.....number one being the more research you do before you get into the field, the more successful you're likely to be once you get there.)

Hang with us and you should be pleasantly surprised.    These guys really would like to find it all themselves, but since they know they can't they really are willing to pass along valuable information.  Just remember, one size does NOT fit all.   And sometimes the most important pieces of information you can uncovered while hunting for a treasure are the ones that either tell you there just might be something to the treasure tale or that the facts just don't add up.    If you're willing to put in the time, you can pick up a lot on how THAT is done by reading some of the long discussions in Legendary Treasures or Treasure Leads.   If you can find the one where we "worked" the story of a missing C-47 that was said to have gone down near the coast of Africa around the end of WWII you'll get a pretty good feel for how to find and work leads and how to pick up another thread when the one you're falling disappears.   If I can find a link to that thread, I'll post it.   (BTW, as far as I know, no one has recovered that treasure, but we have shown that there are enough provable facts to make it worth pursuing IF someone can handle the logistics).

Ahhhh, here is the link to the thread mentioned above......Long Thread, but if you really want to know what's involved this will give you an idea of the groundwork involved

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/legendary_treasures/lost_gold_shipment_west_africa_1946-t10242.0.html

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38748.msg238969.html#msg238969

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: