[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline kd5uwgTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Quicksilver
« on: December 12, 2010, 07:58:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I am doing research on an old school that was on some family land,  and also the land was owned by Creed Taylor.  Other than what my grandmother knows and some really small snippets of information Ive found on the web I am hitting a brick wall.  I will be taking my metal detector out to were the old school was in the next couple weeks and searching around there,  I just wish I could find more information.  On the same property there is rumors of a strong box from a stage coach or possibly a train robbery buried on the property.  I have heard that there have been archeologist and treasure hunters out on the property a few times back in the 50's and 60's and they never found anything.  So I am not sure if anything is really there or if they were even looking in the right spot.  I cant find any reports of searches done out there so I am not even sure were to begin looking.  I know were the old school was because the old steps are still there and my grandmother went to school in the building that once stood there when she was in second grade,  She moved away as her dad was in the military and when they moved back when she was in 5th grade they had moved the school building into Stockdale which was about 7 miles away.  I guess my main thing is would anybody have a clue were to start doing more research because I have exhausted all my known avenues such as my grandmother and the few things I can find on the internet.

Calvin

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19963.msg131600.html#msg131600

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 09:12:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Calvin Welcome from Galveston

Think you need to check with the archives at your local library, for records and maps. Also I think Wilson County has a very active historical society, get with them they will be a wealth of info.
Keep us updated with pictures if you can,

Seldom

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19963.msg131608.html#msg131608

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: