[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline bluenoserTopic starter
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you150

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

16258.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 91.0.4472.124
Chrome 91.0.4472.124

Awards
« on: July 12, 2021, 02:56:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Drive

The quintessential Sunday drive. Marie and I headed out with no real destination in mind but her mind quickly took over as my copilot navigated us to the Halifax Public Gardens which is the oldest one in North American. A perfect choice from my perfect company. There we strolled through a kaleidoscope of cascading color, gazed at the blooms of trees both native and non native to our area and watching people enjoy themselves in a much needed reprieve from the affects of the pandemic.

Mind you the drive there was an arduous one as drivers were overly aggressive, impatient and down right rude. Not your typical demeanor of Bluenosers. Was thinking in the back of my mind that i would have felt a lot better driving there in an Abraham Tank.

Dine

Marie made several suggestions on where to have lunch with John's in Dartmouth being first choice. traffic heading that way seemed too much and we took the quicker route to Harvey's on Kempt Rd. The ads for this fast food place boast that; "Harvey's make a hamburger a beautiful thing." That she be going down but a half hour later I felt like up chucking whereas Marie was pleasantly full.

Dig (comb0)

Back on the road it was my turn to navigate which took us to a local playing field that was open enough to give a good breeze that keep the bugs off. Marie emerged herself in a gripping novel. With crocs on movement on the dig area was a chore with my knees being knackered in a mere 25 minutes with some coins to show for it. Since we were close to a lake a swish was in order that added not only a refreshment from the heat but a few more coins for the coffers!

No precious metal items were found on this outing which ended the 4 dig streak. Some would be sad. Those into the hobby for the wrong reason. But as far as I was concerned this was the ultimate joy that that this hobby can give....great company on a great day with the both of us enjoying each other above ground!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,72965.msg333326.html#msg333326

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

pg1.jpg
pg2.jpg
pg4.jpg

Marked as best answer by bluenoser July 12, 2021, 11:12:44 am
Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 91.0.4472.124
Chrome 91.0.4472.124

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 04:20:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Beautiful area, Blue!  Nice bunch of finds, too!  Thanks for sharing with us!     Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,72965.msg333328.html#msg333328

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
5%
Male
Australia

6065.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Firefox 78.0
Firefox 78.0

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 01:25:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by bluenoser
Since we were close to a lake a swish was in order that added not only a refreshment from the heat but a few more coins for the coffers!
No precious metal items were found on this outing which ended the 4 dig streak. Some would be sad. Those into the hobby for the wrong reason. But as far as I was concerned this was the ultimate joy that that this hobby can give....great company on a great day with the both of us enjoying each other above ground!

I love your work  Kiss
what was the detector of choice for the swish?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,72965.msg333330.html#msg333330

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Offline bluenoserTopic starter
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you150

Activity
0%

16258.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 91.0.4472.124
Chrome 91.0.4472.124

Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 06:25:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

For swishing the Garrett Sea Hunter MK11....good machine but is getting long in the tooth.  used to have the Sea Hunter XL150...wore it out.  As a back up but scared to take it in the water AT Pro International..be safe and happy hunting!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,72965.msg333331.html#msg333331

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: