[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline bluenoserTopic starter
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you150

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

16258.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 94.0.4606.71
Chrome 94.0.4606.71

Awards
« on: October 10, 2021, 04:44:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

"3D" ends with good P.P. for the hobby
Drive
Nogo was chomping at the bit to get on the road on a day that felt like a dig. Then again there are not too many days that don't! Down the 100 series provincial highway towards Berwick which is named Harvest Highway being the farm area of my province. Had a full tank of juice in Nogo when we left on a brilliant day returning in the twilight with a 1/4 tank of petrol upon arriving home. Must add that the roads were packed being the long weekend of Thanksgiving with all the drivers eating nut bars being a hazard to themselves as everyone else. Lord love a duck it was crazy!  With covid even the annual Pumpkin People Festival was bare boned compared to pre pandemic times.
Dine
After a stop at Tim's were we loaded up on a cuppa tea and donuts, then at Quickstop for crisps and chocolate bars and finally hotdogs at a large retailer who I dislike to put it mildly and will not name. All the health groups of non healthy food was had. Off course we took a few photos on the way as Nova Scotia in the fall is just too beautiful to ignore.
Dig
First dig was at a small park in Windsor were Zen Guru and I was approached by a fellow and his son. He stated that about 2weeks ago he had lost a key in this park.....a dozen minutes later I called Mr. Matthews over and gave his son their key. Chalk one up for good p.r. for our hobby. Created a new game to enhance the older ones like "Follow the ball," "Land with the Robins," "Drunken Sailor Grid" and "One beep right two beeps left turn." This new game I named "Find one coin before leaving." Sounds easy but every stop was a place that I plus countless other detectorists have hammered. During the outing stopped at 6 spots with the last one being morbid and more than a tad morose! This school ground must have been a training spot for what comes at the end of the month.....Hallowe'en! First find there was an eyeball one. The corpse was buried with it's feet pointed towards the heavens in a sand box. When I pulled it out it was a ghastly sight as it had been beheaded. What are they teaching our young ones these days! Nice day out but not very productive.
On a bright note my father gave us his vehicle which he cannot drive anymore. Marie was pleased to no end as she no longer has to rely on her sister or walk to work when I'm at work. Had to think up a new name. In the past it has been Goquickski from Poland, Quosimoto from Japan, Nogo Sojo from South Korea. I am now proud to announce the arrival of Whereyouagonnagonow from India. Marie was always out and about before and now I fear she will be out even more. Sad but on the flip side bloody brilliant as I now have more "freedom" to pursue my life long hobby! Happy Thanksgiving all!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,73153.msg333586.html#msg333586

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

fk1.jpg
fk2.jpg
fk3.jpg

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 94.0.4606.71
Chrome 94.0.4606.71

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 12:20:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Way to go, Bluenoser!  Another great hunt and another great story!  Congratulations on the freedom of a new vehicle.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,73153.msg333588.html#msg333588

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
5%
Male
Australia

6065.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Firefox 78.0
Firefox 78.0

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 03:01:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by ArfieBoy
Another great hunt and another great story! 
 Congratulations on the freedom of a new vehicle.

NOT just a vehicle. its a
Whereyouagonnagonow

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,73153.msg333589.html#msg333589

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Offline KellycoDetectors
Copper Member

Thank you19

Activity
0%

United States

670.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 94.0.4606.61
Chrome 94.0.4606.61
kellycodetector
WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 09:17:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

Little guy looks like he was just handed the key to happiness. Heroic!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,73153.msg333590.html#msg333590

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: