[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ChwkboyTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

Canada
Referrals: 0

305.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 41.0.2272.118
Chrome 41.0.2272.118

Awards

Prizm III, DFX 300
« on: May 02, 2015, 08:01:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Everyone
I have a very interesting story for you, get comfy, get your favourite beverage , curl up in front of the fireplace.
I was contacted by Nick last week, it appears his wife (Nicola) had lost his wedding ring while he was playing cricket in Chilliwack. She had put the ring into the same pocket that her cell phone was in. During the course of the game, she answered the phone and out popped the ring. Since they were playing on grass, it made no noise as it hit the ground. They couldn't find it and instead they found us, The Fraser Valley Treasure Hunters. I asked Nick where they lost it and what was the area like and how large an area. Nick sent me a hand drawn overhead, it helped a lot considering the size of the area.
I made arrangements to meet Nick at the site on April 25th so we could have a hunt and hopefully turn up the ring. I started the Hunt 6:30 Saturday AM and proceeded to do a grid search based on his map. When Nick got there, he staked out an area that he thought had the most potential. Well, 2 hours later, no ring, I had found $1.68. Nick suggested I try enlarging one of the areas a bit, so I said sure. So about 15 Minutes later I had a hit at a depth of about an inch.
Out of the hole popped a very nice men's wedding band but it didn't look like white gold to me, it looked like silver. Nick wasn't sure, he had, had his ring on his finger for 18 years and couldn't really describe it, we were both puzzled. We took it back to my house and I got my loupe out and my silver test kind. There was a 925 stamp and the acid also said it was silver. Nick still wasn't convinced so he took the ring home to show his wife Nicola, she was POSITIVE, it wasn't his ring.
I went back to the site and in less than an hour I had found another ring, VERY similar to the first, the difference was a row of hallmarks inside the band. I took photos and sent them off to Nick and Nicola, Nick wasn't totally convinced because of the photo I sent was yellow. I had taken the photo with an incandescent bulb, it tends to make make thing yellow, he thought it was copper.
Anyway, to make a long story short. The second ring WAS the real McCoy. Have a look at the photos and see if you can tell the difference. I would also like to thank Nick and Nicola for the Reward, which will go towards the Treasure Chest In July, in Chilliwack. In the photo that shows both rings, which one is Sterling Silver and which one is 18kt White Gold. I can understand Nick having a problem identifying the right one. I have my entry for the hunt of the month.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60258.msg296059.html#msg296059

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

DSCN3831B.jpg

Offline Mudflap
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you92

Activity
0%

United States

9300.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.10
Mac OS X 10.10
Firefox 37.0
Firefox 37.0

Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 05:27:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Chwkboy
Hello Everyone
I have a very interesting story for you, get comfy, get your favourite beverage , curl up in front of the fireplace.

Yep. Gotta nice cold Penny Weiz Ale from Old Burnside Brewing Co. in West Hartford, CT and read your story. Neat finds! Maybe you ought to work that area some more!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60258.msg296071.html#msg296071

Offline ChwkboyTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

Canada

305.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 42.0.2311.135
Chrome 42.0.2311.135

Awards

Prizm III, DFX 300
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 05:31:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

HI Mudflap
You can bet your bottom dollar I will go back. I think I could handle a couple more rings.
Mark

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60258.msg296073.html#msg296073

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: