[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline bluenoserTopic starter
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you150

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

16258.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows Vista/Server 2008
MS Internet Explorer 9.0
MS Internet Explorer 9.0

Awards
« on: November 03, 2014, 05:22:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Looked in the mirror after I awoke from a 13 hour night shift. Lord love a duck I thought I was looking at the idiot box watching a character from "The Walking Dead" or "Nation Z." With this undead I struck up a conversation.

"It's raining out!"
"So what."
"Darn cold too."
"Big deal."
"The pinched nerve in my neck is throbbing."
"Wimp!"
"But my knee is aching."
"Suck it up buttercup."

With that I said frig it and grabbed my Pro, headed to Nogo Sojo and went south east with Pink Floyd's Echo blasting.  Ended up at  a park that I have done about a ....gazillion times.  Parked across from a Ford that had 4 teenagers in it with a sweet smelling haze  fluttering out all four rolled down windows.  Prayed to the patron saint of metal detectorist Saint Digalot that my car would be intact when I returned.

Limped up a main path then veered left and went mountain goating.  After 15 minutes I was ready to jag it in but pushed forward.  Just about hung myself out to dry in the rain as my wire to the headphones got stuck in a branch. Self started again;
"Almost did it that time."
"Sod off!"
"You should quit old man."
"Take a flying leap off the closest pier."

Two minutes later on a somewhat sharp slope the Pro sounded.  You know.  That sweet sound .  Like Frank Sinatra in his prime. The lesche was pressed into action and the wet ground.  A SILVER...more Sinatra croning...SILVER...copper, copper...SILVER, a very faint sound, rocks were moved, sound became louder, another rock was moved...SILVER! Toasty coppers were also added.

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

{alt}

Please Register or Login

{alt}

Pain was forgotten.  I was done in after one hole. Gimped back to Nogo Sojo....the silver magnet.

Once home the Pro was put in the spare room beside a dejected Freedom 3 Plus who will see action the next weekend I have off at some school yard/playing field.  Warming up a tad more to the Pro since it hasn't broken down in the last few months(been to Garrett 4 times).

Mr. Pain made himself known and I quickly downed 2 minute yellow pills that my with doctor had prescribed last week.  Marie put supper on the table as I exited from the shower. Great meal  served with a homemade blueberry wine. A warmth spread through me..........pills.  Sat on the couch hoping that a Man U game was on or maybe a ball game......um season is over. Monday night Football!  Thought about the days dig and how a 1917 Newfoundland quater ended up in the same hole as 3 1940 dimes. A conundrum,  an Epiphany like knowing that one's digging time is nearing an end.  Marie snuggled. The warmth continued............where is that dam football game!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,58116.msg284799.html#msg284799
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/004-65.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/006-42.jpg

Offline golddustcarl
Silver Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you159

Activity
1%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

NOKTA SIMPLEX+,Tesoro Vaquero, VibraProbe 580, Garrett Carrot, Garrett Master Hunter ADSIII
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 05:54:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Don't worry blue, we'll be sure to bury you with your favorite detector. Those are absolutely fabulous finds.  Clapp

Dusty Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,58116.msg284805.html#msg284805

A bad day at gold prospecting or metal detecting is better than a good day at work.

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline gold nuggets
Copper Member

Grin a lot, makes people wonder what you are up to
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

420.00 Gold
View Inventory
Chrome 37.0.2062.120
Chrome 37.0.2062.120

Awards

Minelab Explorer SE Pro..... Excalibur II
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 08:42:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

For some reason or other Leslie, finding silver always seems to make the pain go away.
Gives you a boost of energy and warms up the old joints...at least for a short while.
Congrats to you on some fine silver coins..........

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,58116.msg284828.html#msg284828

If Gold is where you find it, then I need to start looking somewhere else.

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: