[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline bluenoserTopic starter
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you150

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

16258.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: February 23, 2010, 12:01:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

From the land of the Bluenose.....Hurricans Mary Rose and Elise had hit my household as French Dave and his entourage paid an expected visit.  Sure was nice to have two cute little gippers around.................the energy level was off the charts.  Off course the main topic of conversation was metal detecting with French Dave putting on a happy face as I gave him 3 French silver coins from the mid 1800's.  After a nice visit they left as did I hoping to catch a bit of the shoreline at low tide and leaving Marie to clean up the aftermath of the "hurricanes."

My face dropped as I hit the park for the tide was full.  Putting on my thinking hat (a tad over sized for this bouy) I began to rack my brain for a spot when I heard a yell of a rug rat in the tot lot.  Bingo!  So after a few moments when the children left and the only sound was the waves and seagulls I hit the pebbled play area which was not frozen and began to harvest a few pennies while doing the drunken sailor grid.

Cleaned out that area and headed to Tim's for a double milk then attacked another pebbled playground with limited success.  Pointed Otto who is barely recognizable under all the salt homeward bopping to Pavarotti.

Take for the day was 18 coins at 31 cents...hardly the Mother Lode!
{alt}

Little did I know that I was about to get a phone call that would without be the most "bizarre" detecting thingie this bouy had ever done! 

I picked up the phone on the second ring only to hear French Dave ask me if I had a detector working to which I replied that I have 3 Freedom 3 Pluses up and running.  He said he would be right over and arrived in 5.

"Guddum" he stated
"What's the problem Dave" I retorted?
"I dink Elise swallowed a quarter or some foil."
"I'll get the detector"
  French Dave laid his 2 year old on the floor and I fired up the Garrett which gave 3 blips which indicated that the batteries were good and began to scan over the prone Elise who was looking at me with her big brown eyes in awe.  As I passed the coil over her belly the machine emitted that sweet bell tone.............my heart sank...........Elise started crying.........French Dave gave that...........French Dave look. Made another sweep to make sure receiving the same bell tone.

At this time I asked French Dave if he had checked his daughter's pockets.................yielded a dime so I swung the coil over her again this time with no sound from my machine.  Lord love a duck thank goodness and FD and crew once again took to the road back to Chetticamp!

Later that evening Marie who spoils me rotten gave me a real treat that she had been hiding away for a special occasion!
{alt}
The HMCS Sackville which served in WW11 and now has a permanent home on the waterfront at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic.  Fitting coin as both my father and step father served in the Canadian Navy

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11713.msg75295.html#msg75295
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/P7180001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/P7180007-1.jpg

Offline bigwater
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's GMT
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 12:42:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Neat story.  Glad the little girl was okay.  I'm a wilderness first responder and never even thought about using my metal detector as a medical device.  Now I'm gonna have to ponder how to get the thing in my safety kit  Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11713.msg75308.html#msg75308

Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
75%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 03:52:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Bluenoser, your Marie spoils you good.....  (as for Bigwater and figuring out how to get the md in the saftery kit, I'd say a pinpointer is custom made for such purposes).

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11713.msg75365.html#msg75365

Offline Jeff Tn
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 01:02:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Great story as always. Thanks for sharing one more.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11713.msg76269.html#msg76269

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: