[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium
Referrals: 0

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 01:43:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by CCSportsdad
she is a half sister from my father's 3rd marriage (took him a while to find the right one)

Grin Grin Grin What can I say mate .....Third time lucky?
Yes I'm in the process of breaking the bank to get a VLF detector as I just don't have the time to build one and the kit that I ordered never arrived  Sad Ha well that's life I guess, the thing is that I really want to get out and detect some new sites that I found recently ....with the little time that I have, and try to prevent the artifacts from being lost for ever as this site will become an old age village.  Don't you just  Kiss this hobby? just give me half a chance and I'll make it a profession LOL

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37890.msg234212.html#msg234212

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline CCSportsdad
Knight
Bronze Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you15

Activity
0%
Male

1535.00 Gold
View Inventory
@ccsportsdad
Awards

Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 01:58:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Xavier, not sure if was 3rd time lucky, or the 3rd wife is the one who just put my dad in place Smiley   Either way, she is pretty cool and i love hanging out with my half siblings when I can.   

I do love getting out when I can, i would rather spend 3 hours in the park, than 3 hourso n the couch watching re-runs of bad tv.   If you want to make it a profession though, come on out, my sister will have you working and owning a business in no time if she has her way Smiley  One had some good traction as we were discussing it in regards to repeat business and maintenance, with the right time and dedication, it could be failry profitable, and your get to MD all day Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37890.msg234214.html#msg234214

Good luck with your hunts Smiley
Chris

Best find Ever So Far- A Silver Ring!!!!
My oldest Coin - 1962 Canadian Penny

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 02:25:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by CCSportsdad
with the right time and dedication, it could be failry profitable, and your get to MD all day Smiley

NOW that sound great mate PM me and tell me what your sister has in mind

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37890.msg234221.html#msg234221

Xavier

Offline gambol1Topic starter
Silver Member

At first we were all hunters
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 150, 250,Fisher F75S, Tesoro sand shark
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 08:24:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm back from Virgina. I visited 2 battle fields, the beach at Nags Head and Ft Sumter in Charleston SC and came up with nothing. Well almost nothing. I got enough clad to pay the tolls on the way back. The first was on the Pee Dee River near Charleston. It was so grown up I couldn't get the shovel in the ground. The second was on Roanoke Island. It was wooded and had about a foot of water on it. I found the most stuff on the beach at Nag's Head on the outer banks. $3.87 Clad and a ladies wrist watch and some junk jewelry. We spent half a day on a civil war camp site in Va. and came away with three mini balls and some shell fragments. It was a site my Nephew had hunted before and we had great expectations but it didn't happen. All in all it was a nice trip and I enjoyed getting out. When I got back to Florida the weather had changed. It was 80 degrees today clear and breezy and I went kayaking in the morning and detecting in the afternoon. found $.36 in clad... Tomorrow will be nice too. I'm going to go to bed now and get up tomrrow and go again. Clapp Clapp  gambol

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37890.msg234854.html#msg234854

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012, 02:21:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi  Gambol1

Nice to hear from you again mate. I'm glad that you had a good trip, too bad about the finds but hey they will come when you least expect them.

All the best to you
Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37890.msg234875.html#msg234875

Xavier

Offline bluenoser
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you150

Activity
0%

16258.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 12:24:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The new "Dinkie Baron."  Love finding those metal cars.  Nice assortment me bouy!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37890.msg234962.html#msg234962

Offline gambol1Topic starter
Silver Member

At first we were all hunters
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 150, 250,Fisher F75S, Tesoro sand shark
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 08:08:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Weather is nice down here in Florida. It was 70 F here today and breezy. The farmers have their fields mowed and the cows have trimmed the grass short. Excellent hunting conditions.  Got out today and went over an old house site. I was surprised to find that  what I have been hunting in was not an old house site but actually just the front yard which is several hundred yards away from the actual house site.  Today I decided to go over the fence that separates the site from a cow pasture. On the other side of the fence I found the foundation of the house and whats left of the fireplace.  All this time I've been hunting in what must have been a field in front of the house.  In the first 10 minutes I found a fragment of a brass kettle and some harness iron. I'm going back tomorrow with the big coil and spend an hour or two. I'm especially interested in this place because it belonged to a wealthy man around 1890 who owned the local sawmill. According to historians and a local guy, it was the largest house in what is now a ghost town. the house burned in the 1930's or 40's . This foundation and a cemetery up the road are the only remaining evidence of the town. gambol

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,37890.msg235988.html#msg235988

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: