[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline bluenoserTopic starter
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you150

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

16258.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows Vista/Server 2008
Windows Vista/Server 2008
MS Internet Explorer 9.0
MS Internet Explorer 9.0

Awards
« on: November 22, 2014, 05:24:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The Tv news was dismally.  Two Newfoundlanders were found frozen to death in their car at the local drive in.  Apparently they had gone to see "Closed for the Season."  The weatherman followed with equally bad news...snow was coming.  Now that got my attention.  Immediately loaded up Nogo with the Freedom 3 Plus  then as an afterthought got the Pro as I  didn't have 3 extra 9 volt batteries for the Freedom .

Darn cold with a strong head wind but I still made the school's playing field in good time. Navy Davy , Dean and I had done my old   school a time ago.  Started a grid length wise on the field with the wind seeming to get more upbeat with each swing of the Freedom as did the flaps on my Russian furbie hat. No crows.  No seagulls nor rugrats.  The only noise was the howling of the wind through the nearby trees. After a few laps
 I tried going length wise side to side so the cold wind would not be in my face.  That is when the music began.  For those that are familiar with the Freedom series they will know that the shafts have  several good sized holes in it to accommodate swingers of  different heights. When the wind hits the shaft at just the right angle it sounds like a flute. Thus began the "Freedom 3 Plus Quota Symphony in A Minor." My spirit took an immediate upbeat.  The cresendo was a hole hiding 7 modern dimes...."March of th Dimes" or was it "November of the Dimes."  Coins, coins and more coins with nothing of note found.

Was close to quota but gave up the ghost at this location.  Oddly enough I had not found one penny in the 43 coins spirited away in my pocket.

An encore was required and this took place at a seaside park.  Waves lapping the shore as my Niagara nose flowed slowly.  here I swung the other half of the duo.....the Pro.  The high pitch of the Pro let me know that coppers were there.  Here all I dug were pennies in various stages of decomposition. 7 high notes and I was out of there.  The command performance was over as well as might be.............................digging season.........oh joy!  Sad time for this wandering minstrel of the Garrett flute.

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

{alt}

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,58257.msg286205.html#msg286205
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/002-87.jpg

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Safari 4.0
Safari 4.0

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 12:00:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Congrats on the finds just think in 4 to 5 month's you will be back at it again.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,58257.msg286245.html#msg286245

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline golddustcarl
Silver Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you159

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

NOKTA SIMPLEX+,Tesoro Vaquero, VibraProbe 580, Garrett Carrot, Garrett Master Hunter ADSIII
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 04:27:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well, the alternative was to end up like those two at the drive-in, and with no coins. Yikes. Congratulations on the finds. Nice haul.
Dusty Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,58257.msg286267.html#msg286267

A bad day at gold prospecting or metal detecting is better than a good day at work.

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline cache
Knight
Silver Member

NOT INGAGING IN IGNORANCE IS WISDOM
Thank you123

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4335.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Troy Shadow's,  X2, X2 and X3
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 05:12:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Congratulations indeed.  Clapp  Well done Blue...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,58257.msg286270.html#msg286270

Always set your detector knobs on high dedication, higher devotion and at the highest persistence

Seconds Of Madness   Monster Munch   Military Snow  
Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: