[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline avision4u2livebyTopic starter
Knight
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2435.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

T2 SE Limited, Fisher F2 backup
« on: September 15, 2011, 09:17:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Detected 2 side by side empty lots behind an old church. According to the concrete paths, both were houses with garages at some point in the past. Found some great old toys! and more toy guns lol. I guess I have a toy gun collection and didnt even try to start one! I must have found about every style toy gun there is this summer  Rider  OK let me try to explain the pics. I just tossed some of the better stuff on a tool box for photos. 2nd photo, top left.....found that car, it says Tootsietoy company on the underside. to the right of that is a silver plated (I think) top to a glass flask? And the large round thing next to it is a huge brass plumbing end cap? not sure, its very heavy and very thick. Below and left is a silver plated (or whats left of the silver plate) handle from what? I dont know, but it has female threads like silverware has on its handles. No clue what the silver object is next to that. Or if its solid silver, looks like the emblem off a knife? or the center to a mans ring? The larger metal is the lid from a powder box. Ive found a bunch of those intact in  the past some with makeup still in them. And to the right of that is a very corroded toy wagon. below that and to the left......I found a buried caddillac, and snatched the hood ornament off of it!  Funny Below and left again is a old school toy car again and next to it is an old silver plated tapper or spout off something. It's the old style 1/4 turn and the liquid flows type. And another large toy car. Photo #3.....top left.....more toy cars and below them, not sure what most of that stuff is. The thing with the spikes sticking out might be an old meat tenderizer? its very heavy! and still VERY SHARP. The metal is grey with no signs of rust, just that whitish corrosion you see on lead. Another makeup case, this ones complete and still opens and closes like its suppose to with red makeup n it. No idea whats next to it. A car part? The silvery and black thing is a torch head. And last.....but not least.......The only reason I metal detect........FOR TOY GUNS of course! lol. The shiny one is actually a lighter, the other 2 are a capgun that still works (nice little toy, great detail on it) And the reddish rust bucket gun is like 1/2 an entire gun, in other words if I flip it over.....there is no other side. And the last pic is a few buckets of rocks I got out to look through. I have ALOT of rocks lol. And almost no clue wtf any of them are, but I'm going to   post a few possible meteorites? on the other board and see what some of you that know about that stuff can tell me. The tokens all came from an area under a tree about 15 Feet in diameter. There's more there but I had to leave due to time. I'll go back and gettum this weekend. And yes thats a naked chick on one. It says "heads I win" on one side and "tails you lose" on the other lol. I gotta tell you my best find today!!! I keep old rolls (and I mean OLD rolls) of coins and treat myself to opening a few here and there. Well I opened a penny roll this morning and found a double die 1955 D !!! Almost the entire coin is doubled even lincoln himself is doubled! Tried to get a pic of the doubling, but I guess I need to research how to take better macro photos because you cant see the doubling hardly at all. It's not my camera, I have a good one with macro settings, its the operator for sure! lol So I stuck it in my collection. The way penny's have gone up, I wonder what a complete 1909-present set would sell for in 10 years?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27562.msg195304.html#msg195304

There are 10 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

coins and rocks 001_small.jpg
coins and rocks 002_small.jpg
coins and rocks 003_small.jpg
coins and rocks 004_small.jpg
coins and rocks 005_small.jpg
coins and rocks 110_small.jpg
coins and rocks 111_small.jpg
coins and rocks 112_small.jpg
coins and rocks 115_small.jpg
coins and rocks 118_small.jpg

« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 09:57:08 pm by avision4u2liveby »

:tecknetics: :fisher:

Offline Cyberborikua
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

BH Tracker IV, BH Pioneer 505, Minelab Safari, Minelab E-Trac, Hybrid Cobra Beach Magnet, Tesoro Sand Shark
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 10:06:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Very good stuff. I liked the Tootsie cars. I wish I found one at least. My diecast collection are all modern matchbox or hotwheels. The Cadillac grill ornament is enameled and is worth some money. This site,

Please Register or Login

http://www.emblemagic.com/
purchases and restores them. Cadillac enameled emblems like yours can sell for over $200 restored. Take a look at it.

I found an older one of those and it was bent. I made the mistake of trying to straighthen it and all I did was to ruin it. It is now unrestorable. I could've sold it to this people for $45 as it was.  Violent

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27562.msg195306.html#msg195306

Offline krango41
Bronze Member

DUMBARTON SCOTLAND
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

1130.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

TEKNETICS G2
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 02:08:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

you have be busy nice selection of finds well done  Clapp

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27562.msg195323.html#msg195323

TEKNETICS G2
NEL HUNTER COIL
PRO POINTER

Offline wb4rav
Bronze Member

Any day detecting is better than a day at work
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1780.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter 1100, Cen-tech pinpointer, Bounty Hunter 2200 Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Bounty Hunter pinpointer
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 09:49:20 am »
Go Up Go Down

Nice finds there Avision. I need to check out my wheaties in rolls and see what I might find! Grin  Keep   Detecting and keep us posted.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27562.msg195353.html#msg195353

WB4RAV

Offline avision4u2livebyTopic starter
Knight
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2435.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

T2 SE Limited, Fisher F2 backup
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 10:55:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Cyberborikua
Very good stuff. I liked the Tootsie cars. I wish I found one at least. My diecast collection are all modern matchbox or hotwheels. The Cadillac grill ornament is enameled and is worth some money. This site,

Please Register or Login

purchases and restores them. Cadillac enameled emblems like yours can sell for over $200 restored. Take a look at it.

I found an older one of those and it was bent. I made the mistake of trying to straighthen it and all I did was to ruin it. It is now unrestorable. I could've sold it to this people for $45 as it was.  Violent

Wow! I wonder how many Ive thrown away lol. I found that on that site, I'll have to send it to them and collect $$  Thanks

Posted on: September 18, 2011, 12:30:43 AM
Quote:Posted by Cyberborikua

Please Register or Login

I found 4 of those cars like that. My TID was reading from 35-95  Shocked and the sound they gave was broken like trash. All of them were 8"+ deep and one I found only in all metals mode at 12" or more. Whenever I find a spot where I'm finding toys, I search it thoroughly. Kids lose everything! but apparently these kids were brats.....They obviously werent getting any lunch money to lose because I found NONE! lol

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27562.msg195475.html#msg195475

:tecknetics: :fisher:

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 11:06:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good Lord Avision, no wonder I cant find anything coz you got it all, Billiant job Dude

WTG,

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27562.msg195479.html#msg195479

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 11:31:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Love the old coins I find. Havent been out for that in awhile. Took my summers finds to the Antique Road Show and they gave $3.33 for all of it. I was not happy. I should have just walked out of what you gauys are saying about pennys. Guy had a french sword and wouldnt let me have a picture of it.

Keep up the post. Good deal

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27562.msg195486.html#msg195486

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
3%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 11:32:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Wow, Vision, you just keep inspiring me!   Clapp    Pray To get a picture of the doubling on your 1955 penny, put the light source to the side to cast shadows from the images.  You might have to move the source around the penny in order to get the right shadowing, but that should work.  The straight down lighting will will wash out the doubling shadows.

Great finds!   Great  Again, thanks for sharing.   Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27562.msg195487.html#msg195487

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline jamjars
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
New Zealand

1050.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Treasure Ace 100, Garrett Treasure Ace 300 (under review) Cheapy chinese thing (your's for $5), Fisher VLF551d (currently in peices)
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 04:48:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

the spikey thing is used in flower arranging. it's placed in the bottom of a vase
and the flower stems are stuck into it to keep them in place. my mum used to
have them. and yeah, damn sharp!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27562.msg196356.html#msg196356

Living in shaky town, where the earth will move for you too {alt}

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: