[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. - Press here if you would like to see it.
Offline golddustcarlTopic starter
Silver Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you159

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 42.0.2311.135
Chrome 42.0.2311.135

Awards

NOKTA SIMPLEX+,Tesoro Vaquero, VibraProbe 580, Garrett Carrot, Garrett Master Hunter ADSIII
« on: September 07, 2015, 05:09:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi everyone,
It's Labor Day here and everyone has gone to the lakes to cool off and party before going to work tomorrow. I was taking my friend home from his job, and as we neared his home he noted to me how empty the park was and how it was usually filled with picnickers on holidays, but I thought nothing of it. I had detected this park so many times in the last 6 months that I have left grooves in the ground and each time come away with less and less. Last time was two weeks ago and only found 4 cents after 3 hours. It wasn't calling to me. I dropped my friend off and headed back towards home and I don't know what made me do it, because I drove to the park. I thought to myself " You are a creature of habit". So even against my better judgment, I got the detector and tools out and proceeded to detect. After an hour under cloudy skies, muggy heat, and two cents, I was ready to give up and go home defeated, but noooooooo, I just had to find at least two more pennies. I saw an old high spot that used to have a picnic table, but was removed because of too many transients had been using it for bed and board. I had found a few dimes and pennies there before and was hoping I could find a couple more  I trotted across to where it was and started detecting the near side. Twenty minutes went by and found only a bottle cap and a badly corroded zinc penny. I worked my way up to the tree at the top and around to the left of the tree, and BEEEP-BEEEP, an all copper penny. One away. A minute later I got an indication of multiple targets in a 6 inch area. Pulled out the probe and WHOO-HOOO, uncovered 4 all copper pennies. All were less than a 1/8th of an inch below the surface. Started checking and only got about two inches away and more beeps. This went on for over half an hour. All total in the area marked by the rectangle under the tree, I found 69 pennies, (mostly all copper ones), 13 dimes, 4 quarters, and 1 nickel. This was not a pocket spill, but more like a money belch. It looked like someone had sat at the base of the tree and had just thrown the money there. This turned out to be a "MONEY TREE"

Dusty Carl

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60847.msg300990.html#msg300990

A bad day at gold prospecting or metal detecting is better than a good day at work.

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Money Tree.jpg
Treasure Trove 2.jpg
Treasure Trove.jpg

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Safari 4.0
Safari 4.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 05:20:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

When we were youngsters, my dad and uncles would throw change some short distance from where everyone had gathered telling us they had tossed some amount much greater than the actual amount. We'd keep searching and out of their hair for a good long while. Maybe something like that was interrupts by a quick storm.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60847.msg300992.html#msg300992

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Silver Member

Happy

Thank you159

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 42.0.2311.135
Chrome 42.0.2311.135

Awards

NOKTA SIMPLEX+,Tesoro Vaquero, VibraProbe 580, Garrett Carrot, Garrett Master Hunter ADSIII
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 05:33:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
When we were youngsters, my dad and uncles would throw change some short distance from where everyone had gathered telling us they had tossed some amount much greater than the actual amount. We'd keep searching and out of their hair for a good long while. Maybe something like that was interrupts by a quick storm.

Hadn't thought of that. Sounds plausible. However I am leaning a little more towards the idea that a transient had thrown it there, because the park is usually filled with them. A lot people with mental issues are on the streets because the places that should be taking care of them, are overfilled, underfunded and understaffed. They hang out in the city parks by the dozens. I was talking to a homeless woman about a month ago about finding 15 coins in a tiny bench area, and she remarked to me that they often do that and that she had done that herself She didn't explain why, and I didn't bother to ask. You never know what kind of answer you might get.

Dusty Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60847.msg300993.html#msg300993

A bad day at gold prospecting or metal detecting is better than a good day at work.

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline Mudflap
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you92

Activity
0%

United States

9300.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.10
Mac OS X 10.10
Firefox 40.0
Firefox 40.0

Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 06:27:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Maybe the locals seeing you there quite often and not finding much took pity and took up a collection to spread around to make your day!!   Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60847.msg300996.html#msg300996

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 40.0
Firefox 40.0

Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 07:46:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Them Tree's of Shade Draw the NimphoChangiaks out of the Sun.   No Telling how many Non   Hay rolls   (Roles in the Hay without Hay ) went on there.   Best I ever did in a spot like that was a few quarters and 30 pennies.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60847.msg300997.html#msg300997

Silver Member

Happy

Thank you159

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 42.0.2311.135
Chrome 42.0.2311.135

Awards

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 09:02:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Mudflap
Maybe the locals seeing you there quite often and not finding much took pity and took up a collection to spread around to make your day!!   Grin

You think? Smiley Bless them if they did.

Dusty Carl

Posted on: September 07, 2015, 08:00:20 pm
Quote:Posted by homefire
    Them Tree's of Shade Draw the NimphoChangiaks out of the Sun.   No Telling how many Non   Hay rolls   (Roles in the Hay without Hay ) went on there.   Best I ever did in a spot like that was a few quarters and 30 pennies.

To date that was my best one spot find. Previous was a small stash of 22 coins buried by youngsters in one hole.

Dusty Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60847.msg301004.html#msg301004

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 03:15:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well done Dusty, 87 coins that's an impressive haul for a few hours,

Good jobs,, RR

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60847.msg301023.html#msg301023

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Safari 4.0
Safari 4.0

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 10:00:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

Congratulations .  You seem  to  have lady luck on your side .

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60847.msg301172.html#msg301172

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 12:58:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Great finds there, DC!   Great Sometimes it pays off to check out and old site now and then.  Congrats!    Wise

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60847.msg301299.html#msg301299

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Silver Member

Happy

Thank you159

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 42.0.2311.135
Chrome 42.0.2311.135

Awards

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 01:54:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well, the money tree is at it again. Found 32 pennies, and 2 dimes. Didn't have to dig for any of them. This time  it was under both sides of the tree. Had thoroughly checked there the last trip, but nothing. RR I am going to change my signature below to something like yours. Maybe something like this.

I come from the land up yonder,
Where either the people throw money,
Or the money trees chunder.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Dusty Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60847.msg301396.html#msg301396

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Money Tree coins 2.jpg

GOLDDUST CARL

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: