[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline bluenoserTopic starter
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you150

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

16258.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 70.0.3538.102
Chrome 70.0.3538.102

Awards
« on: May 08, 2020, 02:32:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Brilliant!  Just brilliant I say old buoy!  Had taken advantage of a foray into an adjoining county that I had previously had a go at.  Conditions were bloody well awful at the time.  But this nimrod was on the hunt and conditions be damned.  The home office gave little sanction for this outing.  Artful dodgy lot at that.  Bawbee was the prey.  They come in six species. Not all can be found in every area but then again old buoy it's the nature of the beast.  They tend to follow us chaps around once we leave places .  Ghastly but it is their way.  Hide in the tall grass, in the woods and at times I say even under ground.  Cherri OH.  On with it.  Armed.  Yes must be armed.   From the war chest in the boot out came Quota Guru#2.  Jammy gud. A wind was nipping at my heels.  No bevvy was consumed before the hunt but was bloody well going to be after.  Swing after swing produced the desired outcome.  The bawbee were coming out of the woodwork.  They were game I say.  So was I.  Shocking.  Pulled out a musket ball that I'm most positive came from one of the Queen's Own Rifles.  Sharpe.  Knew the name and had seen him in action on the BBC.  Splendid chap by all accounts.  A fob...yes a fob with a message…"Always sisters.  Always there."  Have to call in Mr. Holms to cipher that one along with finding out where in the bloody hell it was to open.  Intriguing as it seemed .  Not to be dwelled upon. Old war wound from days on the pitch called.  Time to make a tactical retreat .  Time for a cuppa Rosy lea as the chill had permeated my spine.  No.  No can't have that going home to my lass.  Quota was not made so a grand appearance at the old bouys club was just out of bounds at this time.

Bounty for the outing included 40 bawbee @ 4 bob 67,fun zone token...jolly good I say and the keys which are under investigation as well as the mysterious "figure 8."  Shocking.

This post was a sad attempt at a mere Colonial Canuck  trying to write in the Queen's Own English as well as binge watching "Peaky Blinders, Sharpe and Endeavour."  Hope all are safe and soon to be out and about!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,70967.msg330468.html#msg330468

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

IMG_3330[1].jpg

Marked as best answer by bluenoser August 31, 2020, 08:59:56 am
Offline poptop
Silver Member

Wait for the beep!
Thank you45

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

3000.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Firefox 76.0
Firefox 76.0

Awards

ADSIII, ACE 250
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 03:19:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Nicely written. Great efforts out there.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,70967.msg330489.html#msg330489

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”  ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: