[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline stringfrenzyTopic starter
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« on: March 31, 2014, 11:05:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello folks!  Got out yesterday for a bit of hunting.  Started out to try and locate a lost ring for a person.  They had lost the ring around 3 years ago and had mentioned it to me last winter wondering if I could find it for them.  It was not an expensive ring as far as value is concerned ($40 or so) but it had sentimental value to them.  When I got there in the morning it was still fairly chilly...about 38 degrees I think.  I had to kind of laugh because the owner had siaid he wasn't sure if I would find it.  I told him nothing was a guarantee but it was worth a shot and asked him why he thought that I might not find it....He said he wasn't sure if I could find it because he wasn't sure if it was metal.  That's when the laughing started.  He said he knew it wasn't gold and didn't think it was silver and I told him it didn't matter if it was tungsten, aluminum, copper, brass or otherwise it was still metal and the detector finds metal gold, silver, nails and any other metallic content object.  Needless to say about 15 minutes later I knocked on the door and was greeted with the statement of "Are you coming in to warm up already?".  I told them that I was coming in to ask a couple of questions about what the ring may look like so that I had a better idea of what I was looking for.  They brought out a very similar ring to show me what it looked like.  You should've seen the look on their faces when I said that it was an interesting looking ring but the one that was lost was slightly bigger and maybe a little heavier.  They got this strange look and said yes I think it was will that cause you any problems...why would you say that you think it may have been bigger and a little heavier.   I merely asnwered with the statement of if you look out the back window of your house you will see my detector laying in the yard....it is laying next to where I believe I just recovered your ring. 

That's when the realization sat in and we went out to look at the ring and get confirmation that it was in fact the lost ring.  I quickly shot a short video clip of the recovery and snapped some quick pictures of the ring after taking a couple of minutes to try and clean it up for them.  I then happily handed it back to the rightful owner who was just amazed that it had been found so quick.  Gotta love that reaction when they get that special item back that they thought was gone forever!

He related that they had been doing a annual bonfire / cookout and he had taken the ring off to play some beanbag toss games and chase the kids around and that it had fallen out of his pocket at some point.  They haven't done the annual party since that year but the ring had sentimental value to him and he had always hoped he would see it again.  I guess yesterday was his lucky day...or maybe it was mine.  Another chance to use this great hobby to make someones day is always a good think.  Not sure if fate or karma were with me or if I stood alone against the odds but this one ended on a good note regardless!

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56473.msg274428.html#msg274428

Stringfrenzy

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Teturned.jpg
grageyard ring.jpg

Offline au fever
Mod
Silver Member

Thank you84

Activity
0%

Australia

3950.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites MXT Pro , minelab GPX 4000
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 03:53:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Great result SF , everyone's happy ..cheers Mick

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56473.msg274433.html#msg274433

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
3%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 06:53:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Great job, Stringfrenzy!  That's the kind of story we like to hear!    Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56473.msg274454.html#msg274454

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: