[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline bluenoserTopic starter
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you150

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

16258.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 52.0.2743.116
Chrome 52.0.2743.116

Awards
« on: July 17, 2017, 01:52:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The words to one of the old Monkees songs came to fruition  today.  A day which I'm sure most of us have experienced at sometime during our digging hobby!

Goes something like this;
"I should have stayed at home in bed
Pillow wrapped around my head
Instead of waking up to find
A nightmare of a different kind!"

So here is a Bluenoser's tale of woe brought to from CBC....think they still have a tv channel.

Short of staff at work so we are now pulling  12 hour shifts with time off.....um...schedule chances daily!  When the phone rings.....my....ignore. :crazy2:   Anyway got up early and headed to two spots that are approximately 45 minutes away. "Wreck Havoc" was purring down the road proudly waving it's Canuck flag while gulping down petrol.  Went to the farthest dig site first which much to my dismay was infested with rugrats the size of a King penguin running amok kicking a soccer ball.....ah so much for the beautiful game......and a dig there!
Next place...same thing.  Headed back to Lower Sackville just enjoying the drive.  Of course Wreck Havoc has a blow fuse so no singing  to the top 10 of yester year with the radio.

With an arsenal of Garretts in the trunk I was ready for everything.  Was getting hotter than Hades so I applied suntan lotion as I hit the next dig spot.  Um.  Two minutes later the assorted horseflies, blackflies and  only God knows what had feasted on my flesh as evident by all the welts on my legs.  The hell with this.  My Freedom 3 Plus and I retreated to the car and doused in Deep Woods off.  Bite me now!  Got back to swinging and the 3 nine volts went dead. Out came the back up Pro.  Anyway the enemy was thwarted with a few coins dug up.  A mere 15 minutes later I was sweating Niagara Falls.  Headed to the tot lot area that was in the shade to do the dew.  Wood chips.....um....darn things hurt when they splinter between your toes.....sneakers....not crocs should be worn.  Got it out with a few choice words.  Had worn the crocs as I had planned on a swish later.........um....no trunks.  Off to a local department store picking up a pair of trunks that....well should not be worn in public as they were fluorescent orange....man had to take what fits this orca body!  If only they could grow oranges in Florida that big.

So then it was a case of getting stuck at 3 different spots on the highway due to road repairs before the next spot.  Hunny Bunny now is in command of Nogo Sojo who does have ac unlike Havoc.  Another place dotted with craters.  Talked to my buddy at lands and forests who related that he had "words" with two men digging in the park and not filling their holes so please when at Oakfield park due the dew and use lesche tools not shovels!  That is a no brainer. :crazy2:

Finds on land and water were few.  Wreck Havoc got topped up at the Petro Can.  Sort of thinking I should have taken an extra shift today instead of going digging!  Cheaper.

Then I get home .  LIfe is good.  Hunny Bunny made an appearance!  In the mail was a check for $50 from  a stamp dealer who I wrote to regarding a set I brought months ago at a show that was damaged. :hd3:  Life in the land of the Bluenose....priceless!

As for photos...have to find a new one to host as Photobucket has stopped 3rd party photo posting....too boot I pay for that service....any suggestions?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65502.msg319737.html#msg319737

Offline zul32
Knight
Silver Member

Thank you31

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2365.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 59.0.3071.115
Chrome 59.0.3071.115

Awards

Garrett AT Pro
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 11:54:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Wonderful story Bluenose! I laughed several times about the various adventures you had with the flesh-eating flies and the tots and your dear friend (and adventure mate) Havoc!  Wink
Yes, i've been there a couple times myself in similar scenario but not for a metal detecting trip. Oh, and for posting pictures, I can do it for free right here on the forum (you can attach photos up to but no bigger than 500k per picture) on your new threads you create. I can, so as long as you're logged in, you should (I think) be able to. Just below your text box where you type in your new thread should be a button which says 'attach' to add your pictures. If you have trouble and they're not there - then maybe you're not logged in, but if  you are, then maybe one of the admins can help out with getting that working for you? I have several posts with pictures - and they're all from me uploading them here.

Now, for resizing pictures - that's a snap. Let me know if you need help with that and I can put in a reply on this thread so all can see.

Hope to see your finds from that trip shortly!
Cheesy

Posted on: July 18, 2017, 11:49:59 am
Here's a screen-print of what I was talking about .
I circled that button in red.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65502.msg319745.html#msg319745

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

forumNewTopic.jpg

2017 Find count
Penny- 300
Nickel- 34
Dime - 72
Quarter - 45
Half dollar - 1
dollar - 3

Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you150

Activity
0%

16258.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 52.0.2743.116
Chrome 52.0.2743.116

Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 05:51:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

So how do you resize?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65502.msg320293.html#msg320293

Offline zul32
Knight
Silver Member

Thank you31

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2365.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 60.0.3112.113
Chrome 60.0.3112.113

Awards

Garrett AT Pro
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 12:49:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

OK, for resizing pictures... this is my easiest way that I do it. If you're using a Mac sorry I can't help you out. For PC's using Windows.. I do this:
I open up the software called Paint. Everyone should have that on your computer. Then open up your picture. From there then do a cntl-w. That's the resize window that pops up. Windows will automatically adjust accordingly whatever size you want on the second axis, so in this case.. the first and default setting is by Percentage - so I tab down  to the first input box called Horizontal. There I resize my picture. The input is defaulted in that box usually to 100 - so to reduce it down to 30% lets say just change 100 to 30. Notice that the Vertical box automatically changed it to 30% as well! OK so you're done now just click on the OK box, and it's resized. Don't forget to 'save' the file, or do a 'save as'.
Hope that helps! Look forward to seeing some pictures from you on your finds.
HH
 Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65502.msg320298.html#msg320298

2017 Find count
Penny- 300
Nickel- 34
Dime - 72
Quarter - 45
Half dollar - 1
dollar - 3

Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
5%
Male
Australia

6065.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows XP
Windows XP
Firefox 54.0
Firefox 54.0

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 02:04:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

for windows
you can use the re-sizing program  from the download section of our forum

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;id=82

drag and drop very easy to use Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65502.msg320300.html#msg320300

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you150

Activity
0%

16258.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 52.0.2743.116
Chrome 52.0.2743.116

Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 04:42:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

No wI will try that but can you then cut and paste to use the photos on another forum also?  Thanks in advance for the help me bouys!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65502.msg321356.html#msg321356

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 56.0
Firefox 56.0

Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 06:23:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

I pulled everything I had off  the photo bucket Cartel.  Charging a Ransom to use your own photo ?   :Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65502.msg321357.html#msg321357

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: