[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Sully
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Titan 2000DX
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 03:13:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Congrats on the first find.  I've yet to make my first serious sweep with my first MD and hope I'm as lucky as you were.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21990.msg153049.html#msg153049

Offline TriDitty
Cajun Coin Hunter
Bronze Member

Aluminum Can Expert
Cajun Coin Hunter
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 and MPX
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 07:41:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good show bro.

Wheaties keep me going when the silver ain't there!  Cool ring!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21990.msg153087.html#msg153087

Tri City Ditty

Len
Cajun Coin Hunter
Aluminum Can Expert and Pull Tab Connoisseur

Offline Steveo
Bronze Member

dug so deep I hit #9 coal
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's M6  :   Garrett 1350 :  Coinmaster tr : Tesoro silver umax : Garrett ace 150
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 10:55:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Great find RJ   And to think,it's only going to get better  Wink
I remember one of my first hunts.it was in my back yard in the summer of 04 with a MP3 and all I found was pop tops and pieces of siding.Over time I have cleaned up the ground pretty good,but there is still stuff there to find and I'll be back out there this year once this snow goes AWAY.... Waveing
I wish you luck in the future...... Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21990.msg153242.html#msg153242

Offline TriDitty
Cajun Coin Hunter
Bronze Member

Aluminum Can Expert
Cajun Coin Hunter
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 and MPX
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 02:21:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by RJkeidel
Cry you mean I won't find this every time I go out???  lol
I thought I was pretty lucky too.. considering our soil is very mineralized I think I got the Perfect MD for me  Kiss

I noticed that you have the Pioneer 505 listed as one of your units.  Did you get a package deal?   Anyway, I really would love to hear about how they compare with each other.   Minelab is definitely one of the brand names that I will consider for an upgrade or just an extra unit for the ole lady.

A guy like you might have a great point of view since you have a fresh slate of experience.

Also, if I read into the "Pro" that you labeled your 505 then it came with the 4 inch coil ( Kellyco?).  My house was built over an old dairy farm in 1961.  The very first few hours with that four inch coil got me a couple more silver coins in the trashiest spots after I went over them with the 8 inch coil a dozen times!

I would not prefer the 4 inch over the 8 inch unless the area is very very cluttered or tough to swing around in.  Please let me know how that explorer compares to your 505!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21990.msg153301.html#msg153301

Tri City Ditty

« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 02:24:48 pm by TriDitty »

Len
Cajun Coin Hunter
Aluminum Can Expert and Pull Tab Connoisseur

Offline stonebreaker
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

805.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

sears tr descriminator,Whites Coinmaster, Harbor freight 9 function
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2011, 04:33:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

Wow
Always nice to find something you didn't know you lost lol
And Wheatys are cool extra

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21990.msg153549.html#msg153549

"Become one with a rock.
Only then are you truly down to earth"
Stonebreaker aka Dusty

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 07:59:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by auminesweeper
Very nice finds, and thanks for the pictures, Seldom and BA like pictures coz Seldom likes coloring them in Grin Grin Grin

LOL so now I know why he keeps asking for them.

Hi RJkeidel

Some of us take months to find something cool you just go out in your back yard and find three cool things WAY to go Keep it up and keep posting I also like colouring the in LOL

All the best Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21990.msg154072.html#msg154072

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline RJkeidelTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Explorer SE Pro  &  Pioneer 505 Pro
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 11:17:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

thank you I will do that.  great advice Smiley

Posted on: March 19, 2011, 10:11:45 AM
Quote:Posted by TriDitty
  I noticed that you have the Pioneer 505 listed as one of your units.  Did you get a package deal?   Anyway, I really would love to hear about how they compare with each other.   Minelab is definitely one of the brand names that I will consider for an upgrade or just an extra unit for the ole lady.

A guy like you might have a great point of view since you have a fresh slate of experience.

Also, if I read into the "Pro" that you labeled your 505 then it came with the 4 inch coil ( Kellyco?).  My house was built over an old dairy farm in 1961.  The very first few hours with that four inch coil got me a couple more silver coins in the trashiest spots after I went over them with the 8 inch coil a dozen times!

I would not prefer the 4 inch over the 8 inch unless the area is very very cluttered or tough to swing around in.  Please let me know how that explorer compares to your 505!

My husband feels the same way as you do about the 4 in.  he likes the 8 better.  He uses the 505 as he is NOT the type to read the manual.  in fact he still hasn't lol.  I was able to help him figure it out a bit without reading his manual.  it is REALLY simple to use.  The minelab is too,  once you understand what you are looking at.  They both do well in the dirt, I will say that Smiley  our soil is LOADED  with minerals and so far both of these machines have been able to work it and do a great job.   Yes I got the bogo deal at kellyco. 
the minelab, I bought the 6in coil to go with it, i have only got to used it once for a little while.  because of the threshold, i know it is picking up items but its been excluded so i don't get the "beep".   I like that.  now I need to know what it is excluding.  I took out some old coins i had, it did give me a tone for the buffalo nickel but then would "null out" the reading was more of "iron" if i was out on a hunt i wouldn't have dug this.  This was before I got my 6in coil.  I didn't try it with my husbands and I should have.  I will try his out and let you know how it goes.  so far we really like both of them.  I am hopeful in the future he will want to learn how to use mine Smiley
next i want to get one for gold, there are allot of public mines here.

Posted on: March 19, 2011, 10:46:24 AM
Quote:Posted by stonebreaker
Wow
Always nice to find something you didn't know you lost lol
And Wheatys are cool extra

thank you, nice HDR profile pic you have.  one of my other passions is photography. its what got me thinking about metal detectors. some of the places my husband took me were so interesting.  like when the chinese were building the railroads out here and the old wagon trails.. minors trail coming off the mountains..  really got me Thinking!!

Posted on: March 19, 2011, 10:57:07 AM
Quote:Posted by Sully
Congrats on the first find.  I've yet to make my first serious sweep with my first MD and hope I'm as lucky as you were.
  I hope you are too.  I know it can be discouraging, but don't give up, it will happen to you too.
I was talking to my daughter, she was telling me of a swimming hole where her friends have lost many rings including wedding rings.  thats my next spot to search.  I know how I would feel if I lost mine, would be GREAT to reunite someone with theirs  Smiley and maybe get the chance to search on their land .. as you know I would ask..  Grin
will keep an eye out for you to see how you do.  good luck!

Posted on: March 19, 2011, 11:14:03 AM
LOL thank you, next time I'll take the pics in to PS (photoshop) and turn them into coloring book format so they can color Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21990.msg155069.html#msg155069

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: