[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline eckstarTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

1900.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: February 11, 2011, 11:44:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Opened  another box from the dumpster where I found the silver tray.  Inside were three quilts, individually wrapped in plastic, and labeled "Don't throw out, made by Grandma".  After laying them out to inspect them, I noticed that all three had tags on the back with the words "Wisconsin Quilt History Project".

So I did some online research and found out that indeed, these three quilts were made by an Amish quilter in western Wisconsin during the depression, and had been handed down through her family, and that they were catalogued by the Museum of Quilting and Fiber Arts in Cedarburg. WI as part of a history of the state told through quilt styles.

In their current condition, these would sell at our local antique store for $300 to $500 each, and even more if we had them professionally cleaned and restored.  But the wife and I are going to donate them to the museum, where we know they'll be kept and preserved as a part of Wisconsin history.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21344.msg144841.html#msg144841

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 12:18:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

eskstar ; Clapp good move , would be a great loss had they been taken to the land fill.  Cry

Just don't understand some people as to why they throw out stuff like that instead of donating to the

proper museum, then they can use it as a tax write off.

Oh yeah , don't forget to get your tax donation slip when u donate them, every little bit helps.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21344.msg144844.html#msg144844

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: