[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline stringfrenzyTopic starter
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« on: May 09, 2011, 03:24:37 am »
Go Up Go Down

Was determined that I was going to hunt Saturday.  Had some things to do in the morning so I started out by hunting in the car that my wife and I recently bought.  Was hoping to find something interesting while I was killing time.  Came up with a hgandful of clad coins and a plated butterfly earring for my efforts there.  Checked an electrical problem on the parents vehicle as well as the A/C then off to get the front yard mowed.After getting the yard mowed it was time to load up the car and head out to drop off a mothers day gift and hopefully still have some time to hunt. 

Stopp[ed by a friends place and was hoping to get a quick hunt in.  As luck would have it as soon as I turned the Etrac on it started raining.  Determined to find at least a wheat or something I continued on trudging through the rain.  I managed a few coins before I was a muddy mess but I haven't been able to get out much yet this year so I wanted to try and find some more coins or jewelry muddy mess or otherwise.  Finally I hit a nice tone that was around 7" or so and dug through 5 to 6" of gravel to break through to dirt and recover the Merc to finally put myself onto the Silver board.  You can see from the pics that this thing is definately worn and looks to be a 28 plain.  By this point I was soaked so rushing back to the car to load up I dug one last target which gave up the little picture frame looking piece.  Was glad to get out for a bit and finally get some hunting in again.

Thanks for looking.  HH

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23570.msg170014.html#msg170014

Stringfrenzy

There are 5 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

28.JPG
282.JPG
57finds.JPG
BUTTERFLY.JPG
Butterfly Merc.JPG

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 12:54:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Rainy Day or not , U still had an excellent hunt !! Congrats on your finds !!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23570.msg170133.html#msg170133

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline Mudflap
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you92

Activity
0%

United States

9300.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 06:35:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Maybe you found the secret of the Etrac...... Runs better in rain!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23570.msg170209.html#msg170209

Offline danwebster
Silver Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

2775.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites XLT  and  Surfmaster II
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 07:20:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Nice finds there, cant beat finding good ole Merc's, there my favorite.....DW

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23570.msg170220.html#msg170220

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 07:33:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good Job String, you got some great finds that day

I found a Butterfly form the 1900s august last year, Shame about the weather but God love Whites machines and he was trying
to tell you something, Like buy the ones with ol Glory waving on the back, Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I use to have an Etrac, weldone mate

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23570.msg170225.html#msg170225

Offline TriDitty
Cajun Coin Hunter
Bronze Member

Aluminum Can Expert
Cajun Coin Hunter
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 and MPX
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 09:55:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I definitely would have to call that hunt a success.... Congrats. 

I took the 8 yr old girl to a gravel parking lot earlier today and scored clad only.  That merc would have li9t her face up quickly!

Posted on: May 09, 2011, 09:21:32 PM
  BTW, I have been checking out some possible upgrades from my 505 and like the way White puts their units together.  Since you list a bunch of detectors, I wonder how you rate your white's compared to the others you've used?

I just don't like the compact little units that the oriental has been mass producing.  I love the way that White and some of the Minelab make their units look like they have a little more substance to their circuitry instead of just one little board behind an LCD display.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23570.msg170315.html#msg170315

Tri City Ditty

Len
Cajun Coin Hunter
Aluminum Can Expert and Pull Tab Connoisseur

Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 01:05:04 am »
Go Up Go Down

Karl, Mudflap, and DW

Thanks for the comments.  Much appreciated.  Don't think the rain helped much but if it had rained much more I would have had to get the BHID out. Grin

AU

God may love Whites machines but so do I! Kiss  As you can see from my list of detectors I have 2 Whites machines and my DFX is outfitted with a number of coils as well as the DX-1.  I have been published by Whites a couple of times and have NO complaints about my DFX.  With the way that I have my DFX set up though it does NOT like Minelabs at all.  If I'm running my DFX I can't get within 10 feet of a minelab cuase if one crosses my path my DFX will throw an absolute fit. Shocked 

With that being said I added the Etrac to my arsenal of equipment to find out for sure one way or the other if they are really everything that they are cracked up to be.  I wanted to know for sure if they were that much better or not.  Fact is I'm not done putting the Etrac through it's paces yet so to speak.  Don't get me wrong I think that the Etrac is a fine machine.  I'm not going to say that it is better than the Whites machines but there is a time and a place for certain machines as well as applications of those machines.  I'm having fun putting this machine through it's paces but would also have a blast taking the DFX into the field too.  And really that's what it's all about is just relaxing and having a good time. Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23570.msg170378.html#msg170378

Stringfrenzy

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 01:22:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yeah string, I agree, I bought my Etrac and then sold it soon after, But they are good machines but being over here
on these very bad Iron infested sites was just torture. But in the right conditions they are a beast thats fer sure.
Have you tried the 12" coil on your DFX or is yours the 300 model now that thing can make you sleep well, I'm gonna
have a look at the V3i some time it won't give me anymore depth but it has alot of style and gizmoes.
But the next one for me is the TDI Pro coz you can disc with that one.

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23570.msg170384.html#msg170384

Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 01:59:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Tri City Ditty

Thanks for the comment as well as the question.  I have seen people make many nice finds with many different detectors and one of the best condition "dug" Barber dimes that I've ever seen recovered was hit by a Bounty Hunter at around 9".  In regards to my opinion of Whites machines compared to some of the others...and remember that this is merely just my opinion.  Although the "oriental" companies may make decent detectors I feel that they are just not up to par with Whites.  I respect Whites for being a company that is well known for the customer service and very well built machines that perform quite well.  As stated above...I have NO complaints about my Whites machines.  I have made many nice finds with my DFX some of which have surprised people at either the depth of the find or at the ground conditions that the DFX was able to "sniff" the find out in.  Whites is quite possibly one of THE BEST companies for the customer service that they provide of any detector manufacturer that you will run across.  Sure there are people out there that aren't that impressed with Whites but then again you have that with anything.  I can say however that Whites does have many loyal users and a very loyal customer base due to the fact of the quality of the machine that they build and the customer service.  I believe that if you are thinking of upgrading to a Whites machine that you would not be disappointed about doing so.  A Whites machine would provide you years of dependable service and make many nice finds for you I'm sure.  One thing that I trry to remind people of though is that if you choose to upgrade to a Whites machine please allow yourself to get used to the machine.  Learn everything you can about your machine.  Don't get discouraged and above all relax and have fun.  Some of the Whites machines can seem a bit overwhelming or confusing to some people depending on what model a person upgrades to.  Just remember that if you upgrade and are feeling a little confused about some things that there are lots of resources out there to help such as books, videos, forums and so on.  I can even go into more detail about Whites machines if you would like.  Just PM me with your questions if you would like more information and also I'd be willing to try and answer any questions you may have if you wind up upgrading to a Whites machine.  Also if you would happen to be curious about some of the finds I have made with my Whites machines you could always search my previous topics as I usually try to post in the topic which detector I was using when the finds were made.  Also you can click on the youtube icon below my avatar to see a couple ovideos of different finds made with my Whites machines.  Hope this all helps.

Thanks again and HH.

Posted on: May 10, 2011, 02:45:02 AM
AU

Yes I've ran the 12" coil on my DFX a number of times.  Mine is not the DFX 300 but may as well be when I'm running the 12 on it.  The bigfoot and Hotfoot coils are interesting to use on it as well. 

I too think that the V3's have some interesting gizmos and featuresand had even thought about getting  one of the original Visions when they first came out.  I agree with you as well on the fact that those TDI pros do look like a great machine.  I wouldn't mind trying one myself but just can't justify the purchase right now as the Etrac still has a ways to go to pay for itself.  My Whites machines already have payed for themselves.  Once the Etrac does maybe then I'll try one. Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23570.msg170389.html#msg170389

Stringfrenzy

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 02:08:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Nice Video's String, I can't get that TDI Pro because Whites UK don't import it so i may have to write to Todd and I thought
of going back to OZ and picking one up, but I might go over to the US and get one there that why I can have two dreams at once

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23570.msg170391.html#msg170391

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: