[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline gambol1Topic starter
Silver Member

At first we were all hunters
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

4800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 150, 250,Fisher F75S, Tesoro sand shark
« on: November 17, 2011, 09:58:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello all, The weather is fine down here in Tampa and the land owners have mowed their land so the hunting conditions are ideal. I've been out a lot over the last two weeks and here are some of my finds.  The pocket watch was found in three pieces about 2 feet apart each. It looks like someone took it apart and threw the pieces out. The face and front bezel are still out there and I will probably come across it on the next trip. The friendship ring came from about 6 feet away from the watch. It was made in Israel I think around 50 to 54 when these rings with similar patterns were very popular among youth (My youth). This ring appears to be hand built as it is from flat stock and twisted wire soldered together. About 3 feet away from the ring I found a 1944 P war nickel. These go for about $300 in un-circulated condition. This one is in fair condition I believe. In addition to these items I found many coins including wheats and a 1936 buffalo nickel.  Structures that appear on this site on a 1941 map were gone by 2005.

The two bit coin and the baby charm came from another house site which was occupied in 1941. Both of these items are recent especially the baby charm which is a laser-ography probably after 1995. The two bit coin was cleaned with a wire brush. It has a hole in it like it was worn on a string around the neck. Lobag who was hunting with me pulled up a Rotometer from a early 1900s auto It and a 1928 wheat were the oldest items found so far at this site.

The Hot Rock came from Clearwater beach. It is strange in that both the light colored part and the dark colored part are both appear to be chert. Both are covered with small  indentations. At first I thought it was a part of fossilized sharks tooth which are abundant in this area, but I have never found one that was hot. My best guess it is some type of slag that was reworked by the ocean.

The rain just stopped and the sun is out again. I've got to go. Happy hunting.  Detecting

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28554.msg201877.html#msg201877

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

recent finds.jpg

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:01:59 am by gambol1 »
Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 02:06:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good finds Gambol1!  Thanks for showing them to us.  And thanks for rubbing it in about how great things are for hunting!  Yesterday afternoon it was snowing here in the northeastern Oregon mountains.  Today it is a cold rain that has been steady all morning!  With that and 40F it isn't detecting weather here!  But glad you have the right weather!  Keep on swingin'!   Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28554.msg201925.html#msg201925

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 05:37:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Nice assortement of finds!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28554.msg201978.html#msg201978

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline gambol1Topic starter
Silver Member

At first we were all hunters
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 150, 250,Fisher F75S, Tesoro sand shark
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 05:52:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

ArfieBoy, Sorry about the boasting about the weather but You've got to understand I've been waiting for 4 months for the heat and humidity to break so I could get out. Now is my time. Believe me if I could figure out how to spend my winters here and my summers in the Oregon mountains I would do it.  Cheesy Tomorrow I'm going to hunt till my batteries are dead or I run out of sunlight. Gambol

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28554.msg201979.html#msg201979

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 05:56:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

All right!  Go for it!  I look forward to seeing some of your finds!  Good Hunting!   Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28554.msg201982.html#msg201982

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: