[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline bluenoserTopic starter
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you150

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

16258.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows Vista/Server 2008
Windows Vista/Server 2008
MS Internet Explorer 9.0
MS Internet Explorer 9.0

Awards
« on: September 05, 2015, 09:02:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

If you have ever read any of my previous posts you will know that I take a certain amount of literary liberty to enhance the enjoyment of the outing. I enjoy writing about a dig just as much as doing it. All the items in a post are either found or eyeballed while out on a hunt. Incidents did happen.

We have all had those days where even the simplest of tasks turn into a catastrophe.  Days where doing the morning dishes is comparable to walking in a minefield or driving down Old Sackville road reminds you of a verse in the bible, "Ye tho I walk through the valley of death I will fear no evil."  Today was one of those days where my world had gone to hell in a hand basket.

Figured that it would be  a nice day to go for a quick dig before my last shift before vacation.  Of course household chores and breakfast first.  Put a kcup of Marley "You making me crazy " in the  Keurig machine then the smoke alarm went off in the hallway as the toaster was on.....common enough event that was easily rectified.
Mind you I returned to the Keurig to see coffee all over the counter down onto the shelves and on the floor.  Had been waylaid and forgotten to put a cup under the spout !  Clean up number one.  I just smiled!

While doing the dishes one of Marie's Corning Ware plates took a nose dive off the counter.  Clean up number two.  It should have clicked in at this time that a dig should be avoided.  When yourself talks to you just listen and take heed.  I just smiled!

Anyway I loaded my F3P into Nogo's boot and headed to Kinsman's First Lake Park which is only a 10 minute drive from home.  An hour swinging would fulfill my addiction. Parked in the upper lot next to the dumpster and sort of tumbled down the embankment where the kids swings and things were.  I just smiled!

I began to swing in earnest finding a penny shortly thereafter which I pocketed .  Something just didn't feel right.  The black shorts that I had hastily taken out of the clothes hamper earlier were Marie's.  Guess now I could add cross dresser to my resume.  I just smiled!

Working my way back towards the slope I noticed that the entire power line that runs parallel with the parking lot was full of starlings.  "Aerial dew" in a tight formation bombarded Nogo mercilessly.  I just smiled!

At this time I noticed that Nogo's drivers side rear was sort of lower than the rest of the car.  Twenty minutes later and $25 poorer a screw was removed from its tire.  I just smiled!

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

{alt}

Imagine by now some of you are wondering how one could just smile at that sort of day.   Well I made it home in one piece.  I just smiled and looked to the heavens and thanked the Lord I had made it through another day!

Undecided

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60838.msg300916.html#msg300916
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/001_21.jpg

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 09:19:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Blue, If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no Luck at All,

If it was raining Virgins I'd get washed down the Gutter with a Fruit, and I feel like a one legged man at an A$$ kicking contest, Apart from that Life is Good ,
Some days we just have to smile and move On, Don't worry in two days you will be chasing Treasures of Old and all will be right with the World.

RR

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60838.msg300917.html#msg300917

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: