[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline CyberborikuaTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

5220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

BH Tracker IV, BH Pioneer 505, Minelab Safari, Minelab E-Trac, Hybrid Cobra Beach Magnet, Tesoro Sand Shark
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 01:18:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Karl
I probably would have left it alone also.  If I go hunting in a new place full of wood's etc.
I always pack a little heat 
{alt}
- u never know what is hiding in the woods.  Shocked

Good idea. I should file for a license soon  Wink

Posted on: May 20, 2011, 01:11:03 PM
Quote:Posted by bomber
no need to worry bout anything in the woods here buddy,if i'd found those coconuts i'd take um home,fill um with rum and enjoy............but i'm not superstitious

That's my boy!  Grin. I prefer with JD, but some Bacardi is great too!

Posted on: May 20, 2011, 01:13:39 PM
Quote:Posted by Shootin4Coal
  Shocked kinda reminds me of the Blair witch project   Cheesy
I have spent many a times in the woods,hell I grew up in the woods "kinda" and I to this day have never ran into stuff like these.
Well fear not ya'll it's not the dead that you have to watch out for, it's the living... Wink

Posted on: May 20, 2011, 07:09:21 AM
Shocked Now that would be something to keep an eye out for  Shocked

A cougar in the woods would see me as a great find  Cry . In that case, I prefer to find wiccas and not being a cougar's next meal.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25230.msg175202.html#msg175202
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vrspsh-MxyU/TA6E040CY-I/AAAAAAAAA0k/Rb-XOQMVMgM/s320/COUGAR06.JPG

Offline Rockguy66
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011, 01:24:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yea, I have heard about many a strange find in the woods. I read Michael Chaplan's book on Urban Treasure Hunting and he wrote about a few times when he found ritualistic voodoo artifacts (well, not really artifacts, they were of recent use). That is a little creepy, the whole voodoo thing. Not speaking poorly about the religion, I don't understand it much but to me it is a bit creepy.

He also wrote of seeing a foot sticking out of the ground, and feared the worst thinking he might have found a dead body.... he poked it with a stick and it turned out to be a blow up doll some perv buried after he was done with it... Ewww... LOL

Barrett

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25230.msg175204.html#msg175204

Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

BH Tracker IV, BH Pioneer 505, Minelab Safari, Minelab E-Trac, Hybrid Cobra Beach Magnet, Tesoro Sand Shark
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 01:32:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Rockguy66
Yea, I have heard about many a strange find in the woods. I read Michael Chaplan's book on Urban Treasure Hunting and he wrote about a few times when he found ritualistic voodoo artifacts (well, not really artifacts, they were of recent use). That is a little creepy, the whole voodoo thing. Not speaking poorly about the religion, I don't understand it much but to me it is a bit creepy.

He also wrote of seeing a foot sticking out of the ground, and feared the worst thinking he might have found a dead body.... he poked it with a stick and it turned out to be a blow up doll some perv buried after he was done with it... Ewww... LOL

Barrett

Hey, I have that book and ya right, he mentions about it. I'd forgotten. Wow going to the woods with a plastic lover is really sick and pathetic.  Shocked

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25230.msg175213.html#msg175213

Offline johnnn
Silver Member

Thank you43

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

7190.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Arado 120 b/ Tesoro.
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 02:02:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Cyb,
Not a coincidence maybe but all three items beging with the letter "C"..
My strangest find has to be a bag full of lady's clothing way out in the bush, very old too....HH...Johnnn

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25230.msg175222.html#msg175222

Offline danwebster
Silver Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

2775.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites XLT  and  Surfmaster II
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2011, 07:28:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Might be a GEO Cache GPS placement, they place all kinds of stuff....DW

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25230.msg175306.html#msg175306

Offline TriDitty
Cajun Coin Hunter
Bronze Member

Aluminum Can Expert
Cajun Coin Hunter
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 and MPX
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2011, 07:59:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Here's a little story that was quite the mystery until I laid it out for a college honors student meeting a while back...

Two friends and I were night hunting while a strong northern front had started to come thru.  We were in the marsh but walking along a wooded ridge roughly fifty yards wide.  This ridge was the main road to an only cajun marsh town named Chenier Au Tigre that was located south west of InterCoastal City.

The area has a sub tropical climate so the relatively strong sustained winds of roughly 30 miles an hour would pick fog up from one of the two canals on each side of the ridge and blow it across that ridge. 

It made for a very eerie scene with howling wind driving fog across the woods. We came up on an opening where the grass had been burned in a circle and stopped there for a bit to decide if we would continue or not.  I will not get into the things that had us spooked but each of us were indeed a little nervous.  We saw little things that had us asking "What was that" and all.

After a little bit of talking, we  started wondered why the area was burned to begin with?  There was no big pile of trash or wood in  the middle and one of us started kicking around the burned pieces and ashes to see what might had been burned.

I forget who noticed it at first but we soon agreed that the ground itself had glowing spots! even though here was no lingering heat at all.   Since we were already spooked, the decision to get back to the camp was beginning to get finalized when I knelt down to get a closer look.

There were very small globs of a gel like glowing substance in the dirt that were glowing so faintly that I had to look a little to the side to see them.  The center of our retinas are deficient in light sensing rods compared to the color sensing cones which cause us to have to look a little to the side to see things in the dark. Teach Wise  That is how faintly those gobs would glow. 

Nearly all of the burned areas had this glowing residue when we would kick it to see under the surface.

So what the heck was this all about?  Being barely 20 yrs old at the time, we all had our little theories that ranged from radioactive or alien sources to man made chemicals that may have been dumped in the middle of nowhere to get rid of them.   I now ask all of you what you think about this.

I have an answer to this little silly mystery that I can accept which does explain this in a very logical manner.  It is a relatively simple and natural explanation.  It does not include flying saucers landing in the middle of a marshland ridge and leaving a radioactive circle of burnt ashes on it's take off.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25230.msg175324.html#msg175324

Tri City Ditty

Len
Cajun Coin Hunter
Aluminum Can Expert and Pull Tab Connoisseur

Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2011, 09:28:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by johnnn
Hi Cyb,
Not a coincidence maybe but all three items beging with the letter "C"..
My strangest find has to be a bag full of lady's clothing way out in the bush, very old too....HH...Johnnn

Ya right! Coconut, Candy, & Cents. Yet they were all good things. So I think it was some type of love spell. Female old clothing in a bag in the woods? That's odds and spooky too.  Shocked

Posted on: May 20, 2011, 09:24:06 PM
Quote:Posted by danwebster

I doubt it, but it's possible

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25230.msg175359.html#msg175359

Offline cache
Knight
Silver Member

NOT INGAGING IN IGNORANCE IS WISDOM
Thank you123

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4335.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Troy Shadow's,  X2, X2 and X3
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2011, 09:29:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by danwebster
I'm thinking along these lines as well. Campers from all over will plan there trip for the treasure, or leave more...Also passing along from one cache to another...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25230.msg175361.html#msg175361

Always set your detector knobs on high dedication, higher devotion and at the highest persistence

Seconds Of Madness   Monster Munch   Military Snow  
Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2011, 09:37:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Tri City Ditty - So what's your answer ?  Shocked

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25230.msg175362.html#msg175362

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline TriDitty
Cajun Coin Hunter
Bronze Member

Aluminum Can Expert
Cajun Coin Hunter
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 and MPX
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2011, 03:12:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well Karl,

This is the best explanation that I have come across so I have accepted it...

The Northern Cold Front changed the temp by more than 40 degrees Far. almost instantly.  The wind instantly jumped up by 30 mph with higher guest.  Although they are not very noticeable, there are lightning bugs in the area. 

Those little guys live in the ground during the day.  The nests that I have seen are very concentrated and they all come out together.  When the front came in, the lighting bugs must have found the easiest spot to dig in to.  The burnt ground had an ash layer that was less than six inches deep in spots.

The gel like substance that was glowing was most likely their bioluminescent matter. It must have been smashed and separated from the rest of their bodies by our boots when we would kick the ashes around.  Since it was night time, we might have just not recognized the rest of their little bodies within the ashes.

So Mr. Karl, what do you think?  Would you accept that explanation?  Believe me when I say that hundreds of people thought this one thru and this was the best that anyone could come up with.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25230.msg175524.html#msg175524

Tri City Ditty

Len
Cajun Coin Hunter
Aluminum Can Expert and Pull Tab Connoisseur

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: