[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline bluenoserTopic starter
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you150

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

16258.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows Vista/Server 2008
Windows Vista/Server 2008
MS Internet Explorer 9.0
MS Internet Explorer 9.0

Awards
« on: October 12, 2014, 04:40:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

Friday night shift was a most unpleasant affair as this bouy was in a tither having lost his wallet on the way to work.  Luckily on Saturday after the shift it was found....in the back seat of Nogo. Thanked the Big Guy  for that one as to replace health card, driver's license and other cards is a big pain in the butt.

Awoke midday to an empty abode and dark skies. Loaded the Keurig with Arabic dark roast and loaded Nogo Sojo with the Pro and Freedom 3 Plus.
Drove a tad enjoying the brew in the travelers cup, Bob Marley in the CD player and very little traffic.  Reached my destination which was a combo sport field/park/schoolyard and pulled out the Freedom 3 Plus which I have not swung in a tad.  Coppers and more coppers started coming.....as did the rain.  The Almighty was taking away my enjoyment and I silently cursed him. The Freedom does not like the rain so I packed up and went wooding with the At Pro.

The park was mine!  Half hour later a 1947 dime was found and put in my little tin.  Little did I know at the time the significance of that move. By this time I was royally soaked and moved to the shoreline as the rocks in the woods were getting slippery.  Extra low tide so there was lots to work with.  The rain continued at a heightened pace.  This reminded me of the DVD I had taken out of the library and watched the other day...."Noah" (give it a 5 out of 10)....rain got even worse as now I could not see the LCD display on the Pro  (had her set three bars down on the pro mode and balanced.....worked well on the sea line).

Cursed at the almighty....big mistake for the rain intensified.  No couldn't be.....it could not happen again, I had built no ark! It came down harder and I retreated to Nogo.  Out the Bihi and home.

At home I emptied my digging jacket to find that half the coins I had dug were gone.   Examining my digging jacket I located a big tear in the pocket.  Lord love a duck.  The Almighty had exacted his toll for my blasphemy.

Hail Mary full of Grace!

In defense of the jacket it is over 25 years old and has served me with valour in various campaigns such  as the Attic, Newfoundland, USA and Britain.

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

{alt}

Marie flatly stated that she will not sew the dam thing one more time. Like Otto retirement is in sight as soon as a suitable replacement can be found.  Badges of honour will be stripped....and sewn on at local tailor.

Quota lost.

Please Register or Login

{alt}

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57957.msg283714.html#msg283714
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/003-49.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/002-84.jpg

Offline James/Texas
Copper Member

Mood:Relaxed
Relaxed

Thank you9

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

350.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

WWW Awards

Fisher F75 DST/Fisher F19/Tesoro Golden uMax/Tesoro Cortes
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 08:15:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

WOW, Otto and now Mr Jacket..................Rain on the outing? Man, someone is trying to tell you something. I would be very careful, at least clear up to Christmas, me bouy!!! Undecided

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57957.msg283723.html#msg283723

Always leave the site you hunt better than it was when you arrived.

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: