[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline SharenHTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

1120.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter 505
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 04:16:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you John,

These words of encouragement from everyone is wonderful.  This has to be the best stress release I have ever found... The weather was great, the birds were singing and the snake left me alone!

Happy hunting everyone!!! 

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8864.msg56399.html#msg56399

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 08:46:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by SharenH
Thank you John,

These words of encouragement from everyone is wonderful.  This has to be the best stress release I have ever found... The weather was great, the birds were singing and the snake left me alone!

Happy hunting everyone!!! 

THE snake? Have you named him?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8864.msg56424.html#msg56424

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline SharenHTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

1120.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter 505
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2009, 04:55:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well, my first thought was "#*%^", when I spotted him, (I always believe in the first thing that pops into your head when naming a critter... ) but he just didn't care if I was there or not.  He did stay around me, I guess he thought I was going to scare out a mouse or something.  Or maybe he was guarding a treasure???  I did get a lot of signals for 10 inches below.  My husband will go with me next time there... He has the muscles to use the shovel, and is pretty sharp eyed on spotting what else is in the hole...  This place has not been in business for 30 years or so... The previous owner died and his family just locked the doors and did not care about the building. All there is standing is a block building with vines growing all over it.  My friend who owns it said the floors are concrete. 

Which brings me to a question...  I did find a lot of iron, like large old washers about 3 inches around.  And also what looked like rocks that were rusted.  They were pretty rusty and came up on the detector as iron... What other treasures would come up with that signal?  These were 4 to 6 inches down.  I would like to think there would be some sort of hidden treasure near a tree, but the trees are pretty grown up and I would need to bring a weed whacker next time to get closer.  Any advice for my next trip would be appreciated.  Today I hope to hit a few tot lots.  I will let you all know.

Take care, have a great day!! 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8864.msg56481.html#msg56481

Print
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Up
Jump to: