[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline gholaTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1805.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

garret
« on: December 08, 2011, 09:15:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I went to a World War 1 Camp site this morning. I found and old trash pile. I have not cleared it out yet and need to go back. I found it when the small ring thing sounded off on my metal detector. It gave off a 88 with a high pitch tone. Which shows up around an quarter. When I started digging I kept coming up with the rest of the stuff. I dug every signal no matter what, even nails and as I pulled the glass and dish pieces out stuck them in my bag. All the glass has air bubbles in it so should all be period glass. The big brown black item left middle is a folding knife. The top piece of glass right above the blue glass is the bottom off a H.J.Heinz catchup bottle. Just wish I would have found a whole bottle or plate.

From information I found on the bottle bottom.
"#162 on the bottle tells us that your bottle is an old Heinz Ketchup bottle. It was produced between 1918 and 1923 and held 8 ounces of ketchup.
This "octagon" bottle was machine made and had 3 labels: a die-cut keystone label on the front panel along with a shoulder label and a "necktie" around the "throat" area. There was also a label on the reverse side opposite the front label area. "

While working the are I also found a 1913 Barbers head dime was off to the side of the trash.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28767.msg203526.html#msg203526

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

12 8 2011 md.jpg

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: