[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline SouthernstyleTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Cayman Islands
Referrals: 0

160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites Mxt
« on: October 23, 2009, 03:07:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

So I decided that since I have cleaned up most of the beach areas that I like to search close to my house, that I would go to the other side of the island. Left my house at 4:30 am and got to Rum Point at 5:30. One hour from one end of the island to the other. In Atlanta it would take 2 1/2 hours to go 45 miles. Anyway, this post is for two days of searching. A total of 5 hours or so. The people out there don't mind me md'ing, but not to do it while the tourist are around. The change there was crazy! This is one of the first times that my goody pocket was doing much better than the trash pocket. OK, So here is the rundown.

.25 cents in US Pennies
.60 cents in US Nickles
1.70 in US Dimes
6.00 in US Quarters

.60 cents in CI Pennies  (Cayman Island Currency)
.90 cents in CI Nickles
3.20 in CI Dimes
9.25 in CI Quarters

One dollar US is equal to .80 CI

There was also a 925 toe ring,St. Christopher pendent,bracelet, earrings, watch, silver piece off the back of a blackberry, some tokens from cruise ships, and my favorite finds of them all, a bottle opener and a plastic Corona thingy....which reminded me that I was out of beer. I really need to get out in the water and find the good stuff. I have jumped the gun before and thought I found something old when it wasn't...Does anybody know what the iron looking musket ball thing is? I can't imagine that it is from the pirate days or whatever was going on here back in the day. There are a lot of cannons/cannon balls, and stuff all over the island. 

Thanks for looking,
Chris

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8848.msg55467.html#msg55467

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 04:27:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Most likely your iron ball is steel. Looks like a corroded ball bearing to me.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8848.msg55487.html#msg55487

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: