[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GozzoTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia
Referrals: 0

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Gold, Whites GMT GoldMaster E - Series, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Grand Master Hunter cx11 (dead ), Garrett Ace 350  , Cen- Tech Hand Held
« on: January 15, 2012, 11:18:37 am »
Go Up Go Down

I attempted to upload pics of my trash and treasure finds last night but was unsuccessful as my picture sizes were to big,I'm trying to figure how to reduce the file size so it got rejected by the server if posting here without pics is not allowed please let me knowand of course promptly delete the topic. went to a little used park near Toowoomba Airport yesterday armed with my master hunter and a chainsaw file for probeing and a garden trowel, first signal nearly broke my ear drums and the gauge told me it was a dollar so i began to probe with my chainsaw file, which promptly shattered due to the hardness of the soil so I then attempted to dig with my trowel, I might as well have been tying to mine hard rock with a tooth pick. feeling rather disheartened i considered going home when i spotted the kids play area which to my joy was sand. i had no sooner started swinging in there and BEEEP I had a very tarnished $2 coin, with my enthusiasm re ignited i then spent the next four hours clean sharp pieces of metal out of a kids play area. the trowel was proving very frustrating in the sand and after the first hour it suddenly occurred to me, that what i needed was a cats litter tray scoop as i was finding lots of that as well. so a quick shoot over to the near by el cheapo shop, i returned i Will never detect sand again without out one. the day ended with a princely sum of about 1/2 a kg of broken glass numerous shredded aluminium cans ( what kind of lowlife puts stuff like that where kids play ) it was all so profuse that it was undoubtedly done on purpose. for my trouble i was rewarded with $3.55 in modern currency. not wanting to leave i had a quick scan on the surface around the grass area and under some trees under the tree i found an old 1 cent piece just sitting on the surface. which was my favorite of the day because 1 and 2 cent coin's were taken out of Australian circulation in the early 1980's which tells me that it's worth going back with a small prospectors pick as i don't believe the park has been done before and it's quite old for the most part. Today I tried the play area of the main park in town and to my great joy i found my first ring embedded in a clump of some hard wooden mulch type stuff only a very small love heart with a tiny sapphire in it. but as it was a first for me i am stoked. anyways it's 2.20am in Australia so i better go to bed if this topic isn't allowed with out pics i understand it being deleted thanks for reading.
  And if someone could tell me how, in a private MSG. To reduce the file size of my pics it would be most appreciated.
 yours Gozzo
P.S never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever become a " Swinger "  Shocked

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34814.msg211109.html#msg211109

Dig it, you know you WANT to.

Sorry this isn't that kind of Swingers club.

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
3%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 02:30:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Gozzo, welcome from the Blue Mountains of northeastern Oregon (they are white this morning)!   Welcome   You don't need to have pictures with your posts here.  There is a photo re-sizer program available somewhere on this site, but I don't remember how to get to it.  I tried to send an attachment from my download files, but it wouldn't take it on the post (too big).

Great work  Great cleaning up the park!  Congratulations on your finds, too!  Look forward to seeing more of your posts.  Enjoy it here!
                                    Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34814.msg211119.html#msg211119

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Gold, Whites GMT GoldMaster E - Series, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Grand Master Hunter cx11 (dead ), Garrett Ace 350  , Cen- Tech Hand Held
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 05:46:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank's for your help Arfie, hope your enjoying the Snow. I know it can become a real nuisance.
Gozzo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34814.msg211134.html#msg211134

Offline wb4rav
Bronze Member

Any day detecting is better than a day at work
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1780.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter 1100, Cen-tech pinpointer, Bounty Hunter 2200 Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Bounty Hunter pinpointer
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 09:57:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Check the downloads secton. The photo resizer in there. I don't remember exactly where so you'll have to look but it is great software and FREE! Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34814.msg211150.html#msg211150

WB4RAV

Offline Robroy59
Knight
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Explorer II, White's 6000/Di PRO SL, Radio Shack Discovery 2000
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 01:40:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Greetings and  Welcome from the soggy and snowy Pacific NW in Washington state USA.
The story is as important as the pictures, and a good story you provided.  It is a nice feeling to pick
out the trash at a children's play area, and the goodies sure help to make it enjoyable.
Looking forward to the pictures.  HH Robroy59

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34814.msg211261.html#msg211261

2015 coins - 0 Dollars, 0 Half dollars, 24 Quarters, 18 Dimes, 5 Nickels, 30 Pennies -- Total $8.35
Silver - zilch  Gold - nada

Blix   Invaders  
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 08:40:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

This is the photo I tried to upload Saturday except on Saturday i hadn't added tags to id what was what. the unlabeled stuff is just a tiny amount, of all the sharp nasties I picked out of the sandpit, needless to say the glass went straight in the bin, which was quite time consuming. But as you would all be aware quite satisfying at the same time.the number items are as follows.
1. 1998 $1 Coin
2. 1994 $2 Coin
3. 1979 5 Cent piece
4. 1971 1 Cent piece ( No longer in circulation)
5. Rusty can lid with edge Bent up ( be nice to tread on )
6. Hot Rock
7. Hot Rock. These were from a different area of the park but as they are the first ones i have ever found i kept them.
8. All the sand that seemed to magically appear in my pocket
9. Tiny Silver Charm with New Zealand stamped on it.
10. An unknown Stainless steel object.

Detecting
 Gozzo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34814.msg211313.html#msg211313

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

1522_small.jpg

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
3%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 03:03:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Nice picture, Gozzo!  You made some great coin finds!  Thanks for sharing!          Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34814.msg211336.html#msg211336

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: