[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline BowTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

bounty hunter big bud pro
« on: February 28, 2010, 05:28:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello all my TH family, I am Bow, I want to tell you about a find i made many years ago on my hometown grade school play grounds,I had an older garret groundhog detector that i came to trust and know  real well, I was detecting  this play grounds because i had lost a keepsake gold ring my Dad had given me to wear as a young boy, alot of construction  went on throughout the years so i was haveing alot of trouble finding  the ring where i thought i had lost it, so i went on detecting i had a hit  in a place far away from  ground 0 lol  and i began to dig, as i went down  6 inches i still had a signal 8,10,14,16,inches and still had a strong signal i was thinking of giveing up  but i dug at least another 4 to 6 inches, i was down on my belly with my arm all the way down in this  small hle when i felt something  at my fingertis i was able to pull it out  with two fingers, it was yello and shiney , my eyes widened as i brushed off the soil and to my amazement it looked like a midalion of gold, i put it in my pocket and didnt think  to much more about it  till i got home, as i looked at it I noticed it was about 2 inches  in size  with 2 brooms a curling stone in the middle and surounded with  stars oh it was gold  alright, and i turned it over  to read a name inscriber on the back, It read G.K.MACINTOSH no big deal rite ? but what in the dickins was something like this doing on a Small twns school playgrounds down 18 to 24 inches in the ground,I didnt know anyone with that name in my town, so for years i put it in my treasue hunting finds and forgot about  it. Well about a year ago  i was introdused to George Streeter In Marlbourough NH. that runs and owns STREETER ELECTRONICS and sells metal detectors, Wonderful man i must say, very helpful and  knows his stuff,  anyways i had the itch to get back into detecting  onece again, oh i always  used  my old ones but had slowed down in the hobby, so talking to George we pass storys of finds so i brought up  this  gold  midalion i had found many years ago,  i even brought it down to him , he was  amazed in my find, now about 20 years later  the metal subject  came to the surface,  I talked to my Good buddy Mike and we started looking things about curling  on the computer,  here is what we found out about this medal, In Winnapeg Canada there is and was a curling  team  and on there site was information  in the arcives to  the differant  teams and years they played, low and behld  there was G.K.MACINTOSK along with his  brothers and farther that won  the championship in 1927-1928 curling championship, This is all true  and im looking at the medal rite now in front of me, Now comes all of your help, What is something like this worth? in Gold  i know it isnt worth as much as  the historic value or family keepsake value, this medal is totaly remarkable, I want the MACINTOSHES to know i have found it and it is theres  if they contact me  , i realy want this to go back to there family because  this is truely a very rare medal and find , so if there is any MCINTOSH family members  in Brownsville Vermont  that is related  to G.K.MACINTOSH i would like to know about them ,  Thanks for reading my true story Bow

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11841.msg76408.html#msg76408

Offline gambol1
Silver Member

At first we were all hunters
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

4800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 150, 250,Fisher F75S, Tesoro sand shark
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 07:18:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome Bow, a remarkable story. A remarkable find. I hope you find the owner. I'm sure it would have great value to a grandson or daughter. The monitary value would be even greater to a collector of historical curling memrobelia. Everyone loses something, not everyone finds something with that much meaning. gambol.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11841.msg76416.html#msg76416

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: