[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline CyberborikuaTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

5220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

BH Tracker IV, BH Pioneer 505, Minelab Safari, Minelab E-Trac, Hybrid Cobra Beach Magnet, Tesoro Sand Shark
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 03:04:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yup, I saw that! Thanks. So they are still functional.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22754.msg161984.html#msg161984

Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

BH Tracker IV, BH Pioneer 505, Minelab Safari, Minelab E-Trac, Hybrid Cobra Beach Magnet, Tesoro Sand Shark
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 05:16:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by TriDitty
I am curious though, did you clean yours up because mine seem to be made of copper but were in good enough shape to not need cleaning.

No, no cleaning. I just washed it with plain water. Actually, this token was not deep. It popped up quickly. Don't worry it wil not break my heart to know that it is recent. It's just that I've never used tokens or received them for nothing. Last year I dug out one from Gold-n-Detectors that are planted on purpose by employees and customers. It's worth $2.50, but I will not exchange it as indicated to the company's owner.

Posted on: April 10, 2011, 05:08:01 PM
Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
From your photo, it's hard to tell what initials are under the eagle. That might help you pin down the issuer.

The initials on the obverse are WM

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22754.msg162021.html#msg162021

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 10:05:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Cyberborikua
The initials on the obverse are WM

If you contact the token company, they can tell you who they issued them for.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22754.msg162077.html#msg162077

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline TriDitty
Cajun Coin Hunter
Bronze Member

Aluminum Can Expert
Cajun Coin Hunter
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 and MPX
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 08:22:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

No, no cleaning. I just washed it with plain water. Actually, this token was not deep. It popped up quickly. Don't worry it wil not break my heart to know that it is recent. It's just that I've never used tokens or received them for nothing. Last year I dug out one from Gold-n-Detectors that are planted on purpose by employees and customers. It's worth $2.50, but I will not exchange it as indicated to the company's owner.

===========================================================
I really hate the way that my reply sounded after re-reading it.  I did not mean to belittle your find in the least.   I really think that they are very cool tokens.  I am sorry if I came across as if I was making light of your find.  I really do love the eagle.

The funniest thing about the two car wash tokens was that they were found roughly 70 miles apart.  Saying that around New Jersey or the New York would not mean nearly as much as saying that these two identical tokens were found that far apart in this area. 

Down here that means that two guys lost their tokens from the same car wash literally eight towns apart (with a few smaller ones that I could have added to that number).  I guess that they could have been for a chain of car washes though but I still have to laugh about it.

On the subject of cool finds that aren't old...

I recently found a key chain in perfect condition that I fell in love with.  It was in the front parking lot of a closed down store in a small town.  THe owner of the property told me that the store was closed around fifteen years ago but he did not operate the store and could not tell me if the keychain was sold from the store or lost since it had been closed.

In a nutshell, I would not doubt if it is only a couple of years old but it is the coolest keychain that I have ever had.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22754.msg162452.html#msg162452

Tri City Ditty

Len
Cajun Coin Hunter
Aluminum Can Expert and Pull Tab Connoisseur

Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 10:00:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Oh, no reason to feel ashamed, pleaaase! No way! I have not found anything really old yet, but I get excited with things I find that I'm not familiar with. The eagle token was just another cool token I found!  Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22754.msg162480.html#msg162480

Offline TriDitty
Cajun Coin Hunter
Bronze Member

Aluminum Can Expert
Cajun Coin Hunter
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 01:15:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Oh, no reason to feel ashamed, pleaaase! No way! I have not found anything really old yet, but I get excited with things I find that I'm not familiar with. The eagle token was just another cool token I found!  Great

If you research an older post of mine titled "Yippie" it shows you my very firstest find from pre- 1900.  I was so darned proud of that beat up half dime that I carried it around with me for more than a month and acted like I was surprised to have it on me when the topic would pop up ( usually after some conversational maneuvering of my own to get it there) :Smiley

I guess that my point is just that I was right there with you a couple of months ago and can promise you that if you are half as hard headed as I am that your's will come soon enough.  It will be all the more sweet when it does and you just might find yourself carrying it in your wallet for a month or two just like my silly arse did.

Heck, maybe I am just nujts but I finally found a musket ball and I have it in my pocket right now.  I found it over the weekend and have not had a chance to take a pic and post it on this site.  You will see it in a day or two with an old key that was found nearby the same evening that if from a company that I have not heard of yet.  This site is a civil war battle.  I guess there's just no telling how long I will be carrying that nearly worthless round piece of lead with me!

Hunt on Player!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22754.msg162577.html#msg162577

Tri City Ditty

Len
Cajun Coin Hunter

Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 06:11:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by TriDitty
I guess that my point is just that I was right there with you a couple of months ago and can promise you that if you are half as hard headed as I am that your's will come soon enough.

Yes, I'm hard headed and ridiculously persistent. A few months ago I did find a very fine Seated Liberty dime dated 1877-CC (Carson City). I consider that little piece one of my best finds so far. Very proud of it and will not sell it for anything (well maybe a cool million would help change my mind  Grin). But the folks in this and other forums consider that currency from 1400 to date is modern. So I have not found anything considered old per that standard. Buuut, because we are both hard headed, I know that one of these days we wil post such an old piece and it not need be a coin.  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22754.msg162634.html#msg162634

Offline TriDitty
Cajun Coin Hunter
Bronze Member

Aluminum Can Expert
Cajun Coin Hunter
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 08:57:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yes, I'm hard headed and ridiculously persistent. A few months ago I did find a very fine Seated Liberty dime dated 1877-CC (Carson City). I consider that little piece one of my best finds so far. Very proud of it and will not sell it for anything (well maybe a cool million would help change my mind  Grin). But the folks in this and other forums consider that currency from 1400 to date is modern. So I have not found anything considered old per that standard. Buuut, because we are both hard headed, I know that one of these days we wil post such an old piece and it not need be a coin.  Wink

HEY MAN!!

Check out the post on new finds I will put up in around fifteen minutes.  My camera broke but I am using a pic from Ebay.

It is the coolest find yet and I got it behind a freaking electronics store amongst a bunch of trash like stakon forks, etc. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22754.msg162898.html#msg162898

Tri City Ditty

Len
Cajun Coin Hunter

Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 09:35:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ok, I'll take alook  Rider

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22754.msg162903.html#msg162903

Offline TriDitty
Cajun Coin Hunter
Bronze Member

Aluminum Can Expert
Cajun Coin Hunter
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2011, 09:43:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I just posted it.  I am super pumped about it and hope to find more there tomorrow!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22754.msg162906.html#msg162906

Tri City Ditty

Len
Cajun Coin Hunter

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: