[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline WaulespanTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

665.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Minelab Explorer
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2015, 04:45:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Apologies again for my absence here, but I have some news about Wales. Cup of tea and I will be back pronto.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21388.msg297900.html#msg297900

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2015, 04:47:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Waulespan
Apologies again for my absence here, but I have some news about Wales. Cup of tea and I will be back pronto.

Yes Please 2 Sugars,  Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21388.msg297902.html#msg297902

Bronze Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

665.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Minelab Explorer
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2015, 05:10:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Several greenhorn prospectors have contacted me for advice about panning on the Afon Mawddach in the past few weeks, detailing their tentative adventures. I haven't been able to prospect since March, with various commitments in Ireland and elsewhere taking me out of the scene, until next weekend, if all goes well. In March I challenged Natural Resources Wales to explain where the salmon or any other fish spawning areas are on the river system in the Coed y Brenin Forest. This is the crucial data on which hinges the special status of these rivers as supposed SSI/SAC. NRW has caved in. They have no basis on which to prosecute any panners on environmental grounds, and no money to prosecute for technical breaches of the forestry byelaws, which don't apply to most rivers anyway!!! This is not the end of the problem though. Unfortunately, because there are no experienced prospectors on the scene these days, new guys are diving in without understanding the range of issues which they need to comprehend, if they are to stay safe, not waste their time, and avoid conflict. Continuity has been lost due to the silly clampdown in 2011. The Coed y Brenin Forest is a massive playground for the unwary, and I fear there will be accidents. The local forestry manager seems to have decided to give up on the enforcement of the so called ban, but has he done a risk assessment of this situation? The solution is surely for NRW to employ a local prospecting advisor to tune in greenhorns and visitors to the joys, potential dangers and ownership boundaries, and a mass of other data, to prevent conflicts of interest. They won't do that of course, so there will eventually be new conflicts and incidents. There are large deposits of gold in various locations which I am aware of, although very difficult to extract, but this will not deter the determined, mad, criminal and courageous. Good luck to them all I say, because the authorities in Wales are a bunch of dishonest jobsworths anyhow. But goodluck is not sufficient to stop accidents. Any suggestions from members here on how to make prospecting safe in this new atmosphere of letting everyone get on with it?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21388.msg297903.html#msg297903

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2015, 05:23:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Several greenhorn prospectors have contacted me for advice about panning on the Afon Mawddach in the past few weeks, detailing their tentative adventures. I haven't been able to prospect since March, with various commitments in Ireland and elsewhere taking me out of the scene, until next weekend, if all goes well. In March I challenged Natural Resources Wales to explain where the salmon or any other fish spawning areas are on the river system in the Coed y Brenin Forest. This is the crucial data on which hinges the special status of these rivers as supposed SSI/SAC. NRW has caved in. They have no basis on which to prosecute any panners on environmental grounds, and no money to prosecute for technical breaches of the forestry byelaws, which don't apply to most rivers anyway!!! This is not the end of the problem though. Unfortunately, because there are no experienced prospectors on the scene these days, new guys are diving in without understanding the range of issues which they need to comprehend, if they are to stay safe, not waste their time, and avoid conflict. Continuity has been lost due to the silly clampdown in 2011. The Coed y Brenin Forest is a massive playground for the unwary, and I fear there will be accidents. The local forestry manager seems to have decided to give up on the enforcement of the so called ban, but has he done a risk assessment of this situation? The solution is surely for NRW to employ a local prospecting advisor to tune in greenhorns and visitors to the joys, potential dangers and ownership boundaries, and a mass of other data, to prevent conflicts of interest. They won't do that of course, so there will eventually be new conflicts and incidents. There are large deposits of gold in various locations which I am aware of, although very difficult to extract, but this will not deter the determined, mad, criminal and courageous. Good luck to them all I say, because the authorities in Wales are a bunch of dishonest jobsworths anyhow. But goodluck is not sufficient to stop accidents. Any suggestions from members here on how to make prospecting safe in this new atmosphere of letting everyone get on with it?

G'day Brian,

I remember back when they were all starting to see the Bigger Picture, what went wrong?? Now it seems Like the Lunatics have taken over the Asylum, It was all starting to come together and now look at it,

j

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21388.msg297904.html#msg297904

Bronze Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

665.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Minelab Explorer
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2015, 05:27:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Ridge I sent a pm but your inbox is full.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21388.msg297905.html#msg297905

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2015, 05:33:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Ridge I sent a pm but your inbox is full.

Hang on Mate I will clear it,

Posted on: June 08, 2015, 05:29:47 pm
Ok Brian there is room there Now

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21388.msg297907.html#msg297907

Bronze Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

665.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Minelab Explorer
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2015, 05:34:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

One big sad development for me in March was that a very good farmer friend fell ill and could not continue with our prospecting plan on a beautiful waterfall location in North Wales. He has to sell his farm now, as he cannot walk without a lot of pain. He offered his farm to me at a good price, including a section of the river, including the waterfall, but at £600k it is a bit beyond me at present. I have found small nuggets last year in a gravel bank, only inches down, so the waterfall situation is tempting. Still, there are a few more hundred locations to check out, and more friends to make.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21388.msg297908.html#msg297908

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2015, 05:48:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

One big sad development for me in March was that a very good farmer friend fell ill and could not continue with our prospecting plan on a beautiful waterfall location in North Wales. He has to sell his farm now, as he cannot walk without a lot of pain. He offered his farm to me at a good price, including a section of the river, including the waterfall, but at £600k it is a bit beyond me at present. I have found small nuggets last year in a gravel bank, only inches down, so the waterfall situation is tempting. Still, there are a few more hundred locations to check out, and more friends to make.

Well That's weird, Because since you told me about it Its all I have been thinking about, That's just terrible Because they are the nice people who Asked you to Dinner,  I am Sorry to here that and My thoughts go out to him/Them, And having to give up the Farm,

J

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21388.msg297910.html#msg297910

Bronze Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

665.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Minelab Explorer
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2015, 05:53:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Ridge
Can't post to you via this link.?? Not sure why. Anyhow, are you in Wales this summer?

Posted on: June 08, 2015, 05:50:15 pm
Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
Well That's weird, Because since you told me about it Its all I have been thinking about, That's just terrible Because they are the nice people who Asked you to Dinner,  I am Sorry to here that and My thoughts go out to him/Them, And having to give up the Farm,

J

Ah, there are several different farmers in North Wales, who I visit, not the people who fed me a great dinner. That site is still waiting to be explored fully.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21388.msg297912.html#msg297912

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2015, 06:01:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Ridge
Can't post to you via this link.?? Not sure why. Anyhow, are you in Wales this summer?

Posted on: June 08, 2015, 05:50:15 pm
Ah, there are several different farmers in North Wales, who I visit, not the people who fed me a great dinner. That site is still waiting to be explored fully.

Well I am Working On It, I am working on buying a small camper in the next 2 months then I can Pack my Gear and come up there, I have been getting everything else together since March, Won't be Long Now,

J

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21388.msg297913.html#msg297913

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: