[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ChristianTopic starter
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States
Referrals: 0

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« on: March 23, 2010, 07:30:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

Lost Gold Coins In Tennessee

By mid-1849 word of the tremendously rich California goldfields had reached Tennessee inspiring many young Tennesseans to leave their homes and hearths for the chance at striking it rich in the Motherlode Region. Prominent among these was a young man I will call John Smith (not his real name).Albert spent at least 5 years amassing [...]

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TreasureHuntingNews/~3/F_KDlLbAMz8/

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12715.msg80504.html#msg80504

« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 03:20:09 am by Christian »

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline jddank
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 03:21:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Have you guys herd of the Lost Keg of Gold Coins owned by Coonrad (Conrad) Pile of the Pall Mall, TN area said to have hidden it and died before he told his sons where it was?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12715.msg145780.html#msg145780

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 03:57:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This man was like Daniel Boone in many ways and unlike him in several other ways. It is said that his family first moved to what became Fentress County from North Carolina, and when he was about 37 years old he took his rifle and explored west into unknown territory of Tennessee, this was about 1798. He differed from Boone by being on friendly terms with the Indians and is said to have amassed a good amount of gold. He found a good place at Three Forks of the Wolf River, where Pall Mall is located at. He made a temporary home in a cave above a spring. He was said to not be afraid of anything, and was the first white man in the valley. He lived in this cave for several years, thinking he was in Kentucky. They say other white men seen smoke from his fire and came to settle the valley. After some time Coonrod brought his family and built a large log house. One room had no windows and only one door, which opened beside his bed. It was this room that he kept his valuables. It served as a bank for him, he was known to have a small keg which held his gold coins. Besides a loaded gun, he kept a sharpened pitchfork nearby and felt very capable of protecting his life savings. Over the years, he added many acres to his land holdings. He owned the land that became Jamestown, and clear a road to Pall Mall. His holdings included several slaves, a flour mill and a store. Besides raising crops, he made trades with the Indians, one of the big Indian trails passed near his home. The Indians that hunted this region and traded with him were the Cherokees, Shawnees and Chickasaws, these tribes would trade for what they needed with gold, which further increased Coonrod?s wealth. Coonrod died in 1849, at that time he was one of the wealthiest men in the area. He had several sons, who were to die shortly after, during the fighting that took place during the Civil War. It is said that much of the family wealth was lost during the Civil war. Two sons were shot down while unarmed. His oldest son Conrad ?Rod? Pile was taken from the home by rebel guerrillas and shot 13 times, and cut up and left for dead in the road (he died in 1863). This might have been done due to two of Rod?s sons were serving in the union forces and were away fighting. The boy?s mother knew 6 of that bunch and afterwards 5 out of 6 were killed, the sixth is said to have ran for Oklahoma. Rod?s younger brother was a sympathizer of the South and was shot and killed by men in Union uniforms in 1864. But enough of the blood line of this early Tennessee family did survive this bloody time in American history. Otherwise we would not have had one of America?s most famous war heroes, Sergeant Alvin Cullom York! Could the old family lands hold hidden wealth to this day? Most of their wealth was lost during the Civil War, was it taken or did the one who hide it away meet an early death?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12715.msg145783.html#msg145783

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline jddank
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 08:46:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have some other info i have to go thru on him also.  But it was said that he was seen going up a certain ravine with something that looked to be a keg and thats what he kept his gold in and did not come back thru with the object neat story if i can find my info i will post it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12715.msg145868.html#msg145868

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 09:20:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I don't know much about this one, Tennessee is a little east of my stomping grounds but if I can be of help let me know.

Seldom

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12715.msg145882.html#msg145882

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 09:31:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Got a Little News for ya'll the area your talking about is now the
SGT. Alvin C. York State Historic Park, No MD'ing Allowed Period.
and in that area your also in the upper cumberland mtns,
them people back in the hollers, Don't Play , there still making real shine back up in them hills,
and Unless u know them folks u best keep out of there or
 be willing to take a little buck shot to the hind end.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12715.msg145886.html#msg145886

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline jddank
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 10:16:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

I actually live only 5 miles from there and am also friends with Alvin C. Yorks son Andy and am related to most everyone else so i am not to worried about that although that is how it goes around here!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12715.msg146008.html#msg146008

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 10:58:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Howdy Neighbor, Got some family up there also. A lot of them mtn folks don't play games , esp when it comes to people wanting to snoop around  Grin   Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12715.msg146014.html#msg146014

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: