[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline nickel_nTopic starter
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
8%
Male
Australia
Referrals: 0

6080.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 03:17:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Read what wikipedia say about WA
Mining in Western Australia, together with the petroleum industry in the state, accounted for almost 90 per cent of the State’s income....

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mining_in_Western_Australia

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45707.msg248609.html#msg248609

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 07:11:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by nickel_n
Mining in Western Australia, together with the petroleum industry in the state, accounted for almost 90 per cent of the State’s income....

This is absolutely true but my claim of having a gold nugget as a doorstop is an ongoing joke here on the forums. I think it was Seldom who started it or maybe even BA. We were discussing prospecting in Australia when one of them said I had a nugget for a doorstop. We played with it a long time and I just resurrected the joke here.

I'm kidding folks. Not everyone has a gold nugget for a doorstop. But I did have a large amethyst for a doorstop. Seriously. Weighed over 4 pounds. It's still packed away somewhere. No, my wife just told me it's in our display cabinet in the living room.

Posted on: January 21, 2013, 03:10:09 PM
I went there to the display cabinet with my camera and found it was a smaller (much smaller) amethyst in there. Sorry. When I unpack it, a photo will be forthcoming.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45707.msg248658.html#msg248658

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
8%
Male
Australia

6080.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 01:56:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Of course it was joke GT. i thing it started with the photo i post long time ago with the” Hand of faith”
Every one knows that gold nuggets are only used for farm gate stoppers.
Any way I was pointing out that WA is a place of plenty with mining still booming.
In this country a lot of people blaming mining for destroying the environment but the facts are if it was not for mining the Australian economy would be BAD

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45707.msg248701.html#msg248701

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 02:03:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by nickel_n
In this country a lot of people blaming mining for destroying the environment but the facts are if it was not for mining the Australian economy would be BAD

My daughter is an environmental lawyer working for the state of WA and she oversees mining on every single level from a pick and shovel prospector to the big guys. Current regulations for a mine of any kind require written guarantees that all will be restored to original landscaping when finished. I don't know how they're going to fill in that pit in Kalgoorlie though.

One company ignored a wetland permit denial figuring the state wouldn't be able to force them to return the land to open wetland. It was a bad thing. They filled in so many hectares that it really was impossible to return it to wetland. My daughter took the company to court and forced them to give up that property to the state. She also forced them to also become conservators of an adjacent wetland for 99 years. They won't ignore a permit denial again. That's fair.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45707.msg248706.html#msg248706

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2013, 01:15:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm just glad I haven't met your daughter.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45707.msg248802.html#msg248802

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 02:06:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It's fine to meet her socially. She runs marathons and is very pretty. Just avoid meeting her professionally because that means you are in a world of trouble.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45707.msg248809.html#msg248809

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2013, 03:11:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Just avoid meeting her professionally because that means you are in a world of trouble.

That's what I meant  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45707.msg248821.html#msg248821

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
76%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2013, 03:16:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

GD.......she's obviously a very good lawyer, but wouldn't you rather that she'd been arguing the other side (assuming that there was no economically possible way to restore it to wet land)? 

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45707.msg248822.html#msg248822

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 07:27:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by BitburgAggie_7377
GD.......she's obviously a very good lawyer, but wouldn't you rather that she'd been arguing the other side (assuming that there was no economically possible way to restore it to wet land)?

Not really, BA, because the company deliberately broke the law assuming it would be too hard for them to be made to fix it. They were right and their penalty for breaking the law was the loss of the property. I may be a lot of things but I am not a person who supports those who break the law.

Remember old Randy, the guy in court for using a dredge illegally? I didn't support him either despite him being a prospector and despite the law being unfair. You don't break the law to prove a point and expect no punishment. Dozens of people have broken out of jail, proved their innocence for incarceration and later been charged with jail breaking. Usually for no more than time served but still charged for breaking the law. Unfair? You bet your last dime it is, but you do not break the law without consequence. My daughter ensures that.

Besides, she's a good girl, in spite of being incorrigibly left wing in her ideology. But she did enjoy shooting my guns when she was here in 1998. I had high hopes for her at that moment. Sigh . . .

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45707.msg248857.html#msg248857

Let's Talk Treasure!

Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
8%
Male
Australia

6080.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 03:43:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
But she did enjoy shooting my guns

GD (got the name right this time)if there are any photos of her shooting make sure that will be hidden or she will be in trouble in this country.
you cant even have your pic taken holding guns any more

Please Register or Login

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/australian-olympic-swimmers-nick-darcy-and-kenrick-monk-pose-with-guns-in-facebook-photo/story-fncv4yyy-1226387758816

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45707.msg248889.html#msg248889

The Diggers Oath

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: