[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 49.0
Firefox 49.0

Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2016, 05:28:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

You seem somewhat educated about our Land Status.  Do you know about our Antiquities Act ?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,63588.msg314299.html#msg314299

Offline ganixleTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

135.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 51.0.2704.79
Chrome 51.0.2704.79

Awards

NOKTA Golden Sense, Garrett Infinium LS, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Whites XLT
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2016, 05:46:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
   You seem somewhat educated about our Land Status.  Do you know about our Antiquities Act ?

I know that a gold nugget, raw diamond or raw garnet doesn't fall under our Antiquities Act!  I also know that I'm tired of non elected bureaucrats writing laws on a whim and then enforcing said laws with a power that is not given to them by our United States Constitution.  Sorry, now I'm on a soap box.  I do know that a fat mugu lipped game warden tried to give me a ticket one time for having recovered a "wheat penny" stating that it fell under our Antiquities Act and I promptly let the imbecile know that a wheat penny is still "coin of the realm" so in essence he should be checking every time someone gets change back from their burger to see if they've violated it.  After a phone call to his headquarters and my refusal to allow the Nazi jack booted bastard permission to search my vehicle or my person I was released with him grumbling and running his mouth the whole way.  As far as line upon line and precept upon precept of our Antiquities Act I cannot speak to that but like everyone else that knows something I can and am willing to learn.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,63588.msg314300.html#msg314300

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 49.0
Firefox 49.0

Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2016, 06:03:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yea, the last BS Move they made was Claiming Ownership of Meteorites found on Federal lands.  I think the BLM back down on that one but the Forest Fruits are still with it.  BLM has some rule you can only collect for Educational and Private collection.  Not able to Sell them. 

Posted on: October 28, 2016, 05:59:33 pm
   Funny part on the Antiquities act is If I find a coin I lost as a kid I could be breaking the Law.  Anything older then 50 years is covered.     American Antiquities Act of 1906 (16USC431-433)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,63588.msg314305.html#msg314305

Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

135.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 51.0.2704.79
Chrome 51.0.2704.79

Awards

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2016, 06:05:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
Yea, the last BS Move they made was Claiming Ownership of Meteorites found on Federal lands.  I think the BLM back down on that one but the Forest Fruits are still with it.  BLM has some rule you can only collect for Educational and Private collection.  Not able to Sell them. 

See what I mean...we didn't elect those bastards, they just assumed the authority to use tax money collected from hard working Americans to put rules and regulations into place that are designed to create a criminal out of an ordinary citizen and then they have the power to enforce the same laws and pass down judgement.  Very unconstitutional.  There are no checks and balances here and if we, the nutless American men in this country don't stand up and do something about this soon we won't be able to pursue any form happiness as spelled out in our Declaration Of Independence as an unalienable right to be protected by the very government that seeks to screw us over.  VOTE FOR TRUMP! 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,63588.msg314306.html#msg314306

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 49.0
Firefox 49.0

Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2016, 06:12:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

And some more tid bits.  http://www.metal-detecting-ghost-towns-of-the-east.com/metaldetectinglaws.html

Posted on: October 28, 2016, 06:10:12 pm
    I agree.    Only Congress can Write Law and the Alphbit Soup of Berocraps issue regulations and rules treating them as Law.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,63588.msg314308.html#msg314308

Offline Mud Max
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

145.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

XP Deus.  AKA Sorex Pro
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2016, 06:15:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Keep making excuses for breaking the law, your still breaking the law. Because it suits what you want to do.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,63588.msg314309.html#msg314309

Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

135.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 51.0.2704.79
Chrome 51.0.2704.79

Awards

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2016, 06:41:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Like the California Department of Fish and Wildlife moratorium on dredging....again, unelected bureaucrats writing rules on a whim and enforcing said rules.  Dredging has been proven to actually improve the trout and salmon fisheries yet they use that as one of the reasons for shutting down an honest hard working miner and preventing him or her from making an honest decent living.

Posted on: October 28, 2016, 06:24:50 pm
Quote:Posted by Mud Max
Keep making excuses for breaking the law, your still breaking the law. Because it suits what you want to do.

That's why we declared independence from those neutered milk toast ITS (infantile tallywacker syndrome) plagued Amish or whoever they were over there in the Isles dwelling carelessly and thinking they could enforce laws on a free people...maybe you've read about that!

Posted on: October 28, 2016, 06:26:57 pm
Now riddle me this Batman....what would any of you do and I'm including the Amish girl in this, hypothetically, if you were hiking across State land, Federal land, National Park, the Queen's hunting preserve or whatever and you're not even detecting, just hiking along and you happen upon a spot of erosion on a hillside from a recent rain and there, sticking out of the mud is an old saddle bag or tobacco can or biscuit tin filled with gold coins?  Be honest with yourself first.  What would you do with this discovery and why would you take your particular course of action?  I guess you already know what I'd do but I'd like to hear someone with a straight face tell me what they'd do.... Shocked

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,63588.msg314313.html#msg314313

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 49.0
Firefox 49.0

Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2016, 07:13:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Why I my self would Turn it over to the Queens Game Warden, Head of the BLM, Head of the Regional Forestry Department, Hillary Clition, Fearless Leader Obama or someone with AUTHORITY Of Course.   :Smiley   Huh?    Silence is Golden some times. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,63588.msg314315.html#msg314315

Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

135.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 51.0.2704.79
Chrome 51.0.2704.79

Awards

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2016, 07:28:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

An honest man with an honest answer....Silence is golden....duct tape is silver!!

Posted on: October 28, 2016, 07:18:57 pm
Amish girl...are you going to weigh in here?  For you Celtic gold staters in an urn instead of US minted $20.00 gold pieces in a saddle bag!...Oh, speaking of gold staters and silence is golden, remember the old days of Jimmy Sierra taking his detecting trips to England? I know of a fellow on one of these trips using a White's Eagle Spectrum set on relic mode with AC sensitivity jacked to just below stable that pulled three of these in rapid succession.  The archaeologist at the big table where everything was turned in for evaluation never got a look at them in order to not have them confiscated. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,63588.msg314317.html#msg314317

Offline Mud Max
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

145.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

XP Deus.  AKA Sorex Pro
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2016, 06:19:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yes I will weigh in, despite the uncalled for silly name calling (this is a discussion forum and if you can't respect others opinions why are you here)

I always feel sorry for people who want to detect but live in countries where it's banned or there are silly laws, and I find it even more strange in the land of the free.  You can own a gun but you can't go metal detecting, I know which one would worry me most (correct me if I'm wrong on that).  Here in the UK there were many archaeologists who wanted a ban on metal detecting once the machines started to perform and the hobby grew.  They tried to label all as thieves and history stealers etc.  A group was formed called the National Council for Metal Detecting and a case was made for the honest detectorist.  We started the Portable Antiquities Scheme and have finds liaison officers.  At rallies up and down the country these officers will often attend, and items that are taken away are recorded and returned to the finder once on the database.  If they are treasure trove you are paid the value.

The thing is, many archaeologists now acknowledge that metal detecting has provided countless finds and information that would never have been known without us.  Many will work with us and we are often asked to help on archaeological digs.  Now I am not suggesting that detecting here is perfect, there are still thieves and nighthawks, but we have established a separation, and defence of the good side of the hobby which has continuously proved priceless. 

If you make comparisons to tax paying and general rule breaking and try to justify law breaking, and publicly declare that you will continue your crusade, then you only serve to give the law makers more evidence of why they are right to ban detecting.  There are better ways to do it, as some people have already proved.

Regards His Holiness the Pope.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,63588.msg314318.html#msg314318

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: