[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
71%

United States
Referrals: 0

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Chrome 39.0.2171.95
Chrome 39.0.2171.95

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 08:15:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
   Everyone here has there Quirks.   As long as  You can set them aside  and be cool all is well.  I Sure know I have some.

Gee, Homie, it sure is a good thing that I'm playing nice  Devil.....but you know I've got your back if someone starts going after your quirks (unless you bring it on yourself).   You guys are doing a fine job.

BA   Wise

Posted on: December 19, 2014, 08:05:31 pm
And, Carl, we're just following an old, established tradition of this forum.......moderators tend to wander all around a topic they find either fun or interesting.   In this case we're still talking about folks being honest and getting rewarded for it (in this case by other relatively honest folks not taking pot shots at them.

But, yes, we get your drift and will try to limit our discussion to how good it is to see honest folks like this janitor rewarded for doing the "right" thing even if some of might not consider it to be the "smart" thing.   I'm glad the guy did the right thing and got rewarded...I would have liked it even better if the government had not taken a major cut (but discussing that would take us down a whole 'nuther path).   I do wonder how what the ratio was of people who read the article either in the paper or on line and thought "What a chump, if it had been me I would have kept the whole thing and nobody would have been the wiser" vs folks who think like you that "Hey isn't it neat that this guy did the right thing and even neater that he got rewarded for doing it"

BA

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,58383.msg287048.html#msg287048

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you293

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 08:28:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

doing the right and honest thing really is the only policy is so true.  When we do that, we all have to keep in mind that doing right honestly is it's own reward.  You should never expect any reward or even recognition for it.  However, it is good and just that, in this case, the honest guy was rewarded!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,58383.msg287049.html#msg287049

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline golddustcarlTopic starter
Silver Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you159

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

NOKTA SIMPLEX+,Tesoro Vaquero, VibraProbe 580, Garrett Carrot, Garrett Master Hunter ADSIII
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 08:33:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by BitburgAggie_7377
I do wonder how what the ratio was of people who read the article either in the paper or on line and thought "What a chump, if it had been me I would have kept the whole thing and nobody would have been the wiser" vs folks who think like you that "Hey isn't it neat that this guy did the right thing and even neater that he got rewarded for doing it"

BA

That is a great question BA. Why don't I start a poll here and see how many vote which way. Would I have to start a new thread somewhere?

Dusty Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,58383.msg287085.html#msg287085

A bad day at gold prospecting or metal detecting is better than a good day at work.

GOLDDUST CARL

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: