[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline jamjarsTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
New Zealand
Referrals: 0

1050.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Treasure Ace 100, Garrett Treasure Ace 300 (under review) Cheapy chinese thing (your's for $5), Fisher VLF551d (currently in peices)
« on: August 30, 2009, 05:44:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

August 20, 2009

leki Taumoepeau earned the nickname "Lord of the Ring" after he successfully retrieved his wedding ring from the bottom of Wellington Harbour 16 months after he lost it.

The Niwa ecologist, from Hamilton, was checking the harbour for invasive plant species in March last year when the ring slipped from his finger.

At the time, he hastily threw an old anchor overboard to mark the spot and vowed to Rachel, his wife of three months, that he would find it.

"It flew off into the air and everyone on the boat was looking at it and said it was like a scene from Lord of the Rings in slow motion," Mrs Taumoepeau told The Dominion Post.

A dive three months after the mishap failed to find the ring, but Mr Taumoepeau was back in the capital again recently for another attempt.

After an hour searching in three metres of water near the Hutt River mouth, Mr Taumoepeau found nothing.

"I was getting cold and tired so I said to God it would be really good to find the ring about now."

He then spied the anchor, with the ring just centimetres away.

"I couldn't believe that I could see the ring so perfectly."

link if you want it...

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/5840593/man-finds-wedding-ring-at-bottom-of-harbour/

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7542.msg47011.html#msg47011

Living in shaky town, where the earth will move for you too {alt}

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: