[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline dign4itTopic starter
Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arc-geo mini
« on: January 23, 2011, 12:49:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The modern day treasure hunter has "got it made" when it comes to treasure hunting and treasure research.  Thanks to the Internet, we can "scan the globe" for treasure stories, as well as scan the world for proof of treasure sites (through the millions of photos posted on-line).  When searching for proof of treasure sites through these on-line photos, you MUST have a working knowledge of the monuments and signs used.  Without this ability to spot "alpha" monuments (and others), or petroglyphs that "speak" of treasure, you are wasting your time.
  The web site "Flikr" is an excellent scource for "photo/site researching".  I have used it many times to research dozens of treasure sites (photos) in many, many states.  Flikr is one of the greatest resources that a treasure researcher/hunter can have at his/her disposal.  There are other web sites that allow people to post their photos and, they too, are just as valuble to the treasure hunter!  Imagine, other people taking photos of treasure sites and signs (of course, they have no idea that they are taking a photo of treasure signs and monuments) and posting them on-line so that you, the treasure hunter, can spot them for what they are!! They invest the time and money by going to these sites and taking pictures so that you can kick back at home and reap the benefits!!  It doesn't get any better than that!!  Obviously, not every photo is a photo of a treasure sign or monument.  But, with patience and knowledge, you can find more than enough treasure leads and treasure sites to keep you busy for the next thousand years.
  Case in point, I somehow got onto the subject of Mona, Puerto Rico.  Mona is an island, the third largest, in the archipelago of Puerto Rico.  The history of this island goes way back, back before Columbus.  On the other hand, in 1699 Captain Kidd hid out here.  (you can research the history of Mona at Wikipedia and other places)
  When I get into researching any island, I do it knowing that islands, no matter where they are located in the world, were a favorite place for pirates to bury their treasures.  And if your research states things like "Captain Kidd was here" (or any other pirate) then you can bet your bottom dollar that there is a treasure room located on that island.
  Again, how the island of Mona came to me, I just don't recall.  However, the first thing i did was get on the computer and research it through Wikipedia.  Then I went to Flikr and did a search of "Mona Puerto Rico".  Several hundred photos of this island are posted, all I had to do was go through them and find the proof that there is, in fact, a treasure room on Mona.  This proof didn't take long in coming!!
  The first photo that totally confirmed the fact that there is a treasure room on Mona can be found at the following web page:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.flikr.com/photos/10326268@N00/4593818821/

This photo shows a huge owl shaped rock laying on its side, on a ledge overlooking the ocean.  This type of "alpha" monument is huge because it WAS MEANT to be seen by the pirates and other members of the "family" that were sailing in the area.  This very same owl can be found on dry land, within the mountain ranges of Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, California, and so on... (in fact, I found this very same owl monument sitting on a ledge, exactly like the one on Mona, in the foothills of The Caballos Mountains of New Mexico)
The owl monument in this photo is an "alpha monument" and it simply says that "There is an accumulation room on this island".  How much treasure is still in this room is anyone's guess.
  There are many more photos of monuments and petroglyphs found on Mona. One photo is of a tree that has has a slice down through the middle of it that goes clear through the tree, about a foot or two long.  By looking through this slit you will be led to the next sign.
 I was going to show them but I think you get the idea.  
  Mona isn't the only island that has a treasure room on it.  You can research almost any island you want and find photos of these islands on Flikr.  From the Phillipines and Guam, from the Azores to the Carribean, to the Aluetians, as well as almost any other island in the world, you can do a "photo research" on Flikr.

I wish to acknowledge and thank Chin Ramirez for the photo of the owl monument.  Also thanks to cabo_rojo2003 for posting it.

Mona is, of course, a Natural Reserve, and treasure hunting there is not legal.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20917.msg138900.html#msg138900

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 12:53:34 pm by dign4it »
Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
76%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 01:20:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the well written report, especially the how-to tips.   Those that pay attention will reap rewards

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20917.msg139279.html#msg139279

Offline Architecad
Live your adventure
Pull Tab

Gymnastics before treasure hunting
Live your adventure
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett GTI2500,Seahunter mark II,Eagle eye two boxes
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 05:48:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dign4it

Treasure hunting in Mona island is not illegal if you keep your coil in the beach. As soon you step into any cave, you quickly brake the law because there is a law that protect any cave into the territory of Puerto Rico. That law is 111. Cop

Please Register or Login

http://www.drna.gobierno.pr/biblioteca/leyes/Ley111.pdf

Please Register or Login

http://www.drna.gobierno.pr/biblioteca/leyes/Ley111.pdf/view

I'm a Mona island treasure hunter for more than 25 years. Detecting That island, really own Pirate's buried treasure in some strategy spot including caves. I'd identified more than 3 places regarding with buried chest of gold that match with books, writer, legends and witness.

Don Chin Ramirez say "there is not any treasure in that island" Wise but I don't agree with him. No no! because by all my research conducted since 80's. He knows about Mona, because he worked during the 50's in that island.

Arch

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20917.msg149270.html#msg149270

Offline dign4itTopic starter
Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arc-geo mini
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 04:40:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Mona Island has, or did have, a major treasure room(s) located on it.  There are many more signs on this island than what I mentioned in this post....from bent trees, carvings on trees,  to all sorts of other treasure signs, the evidence shows that there is a very strong possiblity that treasure is still located on this island.  This is why the island is protected to this day by the Park Service.
  I thank everyone who has participated in replying to this post.  Good luck, and God Bless.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20917.msg149863.html#msg149863

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 04:43:11 pm by dign4it »
Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: