[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline TomBBTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 0

145.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: May 27, 2009, 04:21:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Any know if the Goonies Treasure movie was based from a real pirate treasure in Tillamook,Oregon. The story of a treasure hidden at low tide cave entrance to the treasure- the barbary coast and all? any input? Fight

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5565.msg34479.html#msg34479

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 05:06:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Tom,

as far as I know it is NOT based on any real events.

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5565.msg34488.html#msg34488

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline pccvanwilder
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 02:32:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

i have friends in that area that personally have found spanish swords from the right era. there is some truth to the tillamook legends

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5565.msg59441.html#msg59441

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 03:34:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The finding of Spanish swords does not prove any Tillamook legend . What was the right era in your opinion ?   Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5565.msg59452.html#msg59452

Offline pccvanwilder
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 03:55:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

my friends personally have beeswax that they have found that was part of the original legend of the indians during the shipwreck. its been a while since i looked into this story but the natives in the area originally said that the ship was carrying wax... which was quite valuable... and wrecked. since then occasionally there are rumors of wax being found. my friends live IN tillamook and found a spanish sword on their property, and have also personally found bees wax balls. they even say parts of the wreck can still be seen.

while it has been a while since i looked into this story, if i remember correctly there were two stories that kind of became entwined. but the point is this. if the native's stories have been proven at least partially correct... and they have... and the spanish sword is from the same time and corraborates (sp? lol) .... who knows

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5565.msg59457.html#msg59457

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 04:02:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have researched the Hihalem wreck and came to some good conclusions ( which I have posted on this net ) . I never came across any people that have found wax ( which was use for candles by the Roman Catholic church ) . The museum has some wax  . I never met anybody ( while I was there ) that showed me any spanish swords , although most of the people in the area knew I was researching the wreck .   Regards  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5565.msg59460.html#msg59460

Offline pccvanwilder
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 04:25:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

the sword was found by my buddy who grew up there and is young like me (26). his parents told him not to tell a soul. but he is not the kind of person who is gonna lie for no good reason.  i will look forward to reading your conclusions you have reached as i figure out this site a bit more. i may even be taking a trip out to oregon to do some research myself... if you are interested

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5565.msg59467.html#msg59467

Offline lockspyder
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

295.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

tesoro,bounty hunter,
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 02:52:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

when I was young we(my brothers and our friends) used to find wax on the beach up there, we took some home to show people.that was back in 1959-60 never thought much about it,we were looking for Japanese floats which we could sell for a couple of bucks at the second hand store.
I have found wax on the beach near Nehalem bay st. park ,while looking for Japanese floats when I was younger around 1959-60.we were told it was Spanish and used to water proof ship seams and sails,it was no big secret ,a lot of people had some laying around,I was told it was from a merchant ship nothing was ever said about treasure.pieces of the ship was still visible-- once in awhile the teenagers would burn it during their beach party's.I dont believe there is any of it left and most of us moved off to other places,very few old timer's up there are native to the area.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5565.msg59671.html#msg59671

Offline starjaxx
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 02:20:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey there! I just had a dream about hidden treasure.  I did a google search and found this posting.  Question- did any of the early explorers such as John C Freemont (he mapped the Oregon trail) ever spend time in tillamook or mention this treasure?...

I heard there are strange carvings that were made which supposedly point towards a particular route- possibly to the treasure- is this true?  I also heard about a slave who had been killed and placed on top of treasure where it is buried....

Any more info you have about how this treasure story goes would be appreciated.  Thanks, and have a great one.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5565.msg60514.html#msg60514

Offline lockspyder
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

295.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

tesoro,bounty hunter,
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 03:25:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

as far as I know there never was a treasure ship that sank that far north,this wax carrying ship also carried spices which would have disappeared long ago ,there are no carvings other than those that were made up by the high school kid's as a prank to get attention,for who's benefit I dont know.we moved to coquille oregon in about 1960 sometime, there was a man who was selling real estate,his name was Cecil Little he had a office on main st. He had a Spanish breast plate that was found in an beach cave down in southern Oregon around Port Orford ,not to far from battle rock,the cave had strange symbols carved into the sides and Cecil took pictures of them this must of been in the early 30's he had them on display in his office. Cecil died in the 1970's, I moved off in 74 and haven't been back.at the time I didnt care a thing in the world about treasure or treasure hunting. A ship sank right off Coos Bay in the 1870's,it was going from San Francisco to Portland Oregon and carried a cargo of newly minted coins to the Portland Banks,it was gold and silver coin,many passenger's washed up at ismouth slew(I probably missed spelled ismouth) parts of the ship were found many years later. the water off coos bay is cold and deep and silty with very limited range of view, so far as I know,it has never been found it is mentioned in the book a century of coos and Currie county--- Peterson  power's

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5565.msg60552.html#msg60552

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: