[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline seldomTopic starter
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: March 03, 2010, 02:27:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Magic of the Crystal Skull

By John Christopher Fine

Ocean explorers in West Palm Beach found the treasure of Hernan Cortez. Long after the conqueror of Mexico?s death, his family was shipping some of his personal fortune back to Spain. The cargo contained Aztec crystal skulls. The ship was lost in a fire at sea. It burned to the water line then sank in deep water off Florida?s coast.

Diver, art expert, and undersea explorer Dr. Victor Benilous was contacted by a representative of the Cortez family and given information about the shipwreck. Benilous was well-known for his work on the oldest shipwreck in the Western hemisphere, found off Juno Beach. The information he was given was sparse. It contained a log entry from another captain who had reported seeing a fire out in the Atlantic 250 years ago.

With the use of world-renowned psychics, Dr. Benilous and his team of divers located the wreck. One of the psychics was taken aboard the dive vessel. This same psychic is used by U.S. military and police authorities to locate missing planes and people.

?Dive here,? the psychic said. Deep below the spot where the psychic said dive, not 10 feet from the place where the anchor was dropped, an Aztec crystal skull was recovered.

Power? Special properties? Healing and spiritual abilities? Margaret Ann Lembo thinks so. Margaret is the affable owner of The Crystal Garden on North Federal Highway in Boynton Beach, Florida. The center conducts workshops and sells books, gifts, and jewelry. She invited Bill Homann from Indiana to speak at the Boynton Women?s Club and bring the famous Mitchell-Hedges crystal skull with him.

Bill Homann is a tall man with a moustache. His business card shows him in safari hat, in a tropical background, with the legend ?A ?Real Life? Indiana Jones? printed beneath it.

He came to Boynton Beach with a PowerPoint presentation that showed F.A. Mitchell-Hedges and his daughter Anna during their exploration and digs in Central America. The vintage photographs depict the jungle around the Mayan city of Lubaantun, in Belize, where the crystal skull was found.

Margaret Ann Lembo?s introduction of ?Bill?s intention of goodness and love,? preceded the lecture. Photographs from the 1920?s showed Mitchell-Hedges and his daughter, Anna, on various expeditions, including fishing, a sport the explorer was fond of.

The crystal skull was found in 1924 inside a pyramid. ?It is a perfectly made quartz crystal, anatomically correct for a Meso-American female, aged 25 to 29. The jaw and the top cranial part are the same crystal. It was one piece of crystal at one time. It is very hard to separate crystal. It?s brittle. The skull contains three prisms and two lenses built into the crystal skull. The only way you can do that is in zero gravity,? Homann explained.

The crystal skull itself was perfectly smooth, clear-glass colored with a detachable bottom jaw that could be made to open if the skull was pulled back. Ample opportunity was allowed for people to photograph the Mitchell-Hedges crystal skull. After the lecture, Margaret took attendees in the auditorium by rows and lined those up who wished to place their hands near the crystal skull.

Linda Loparnos, a pilot from Tarpon Springs, Florida, made the long drive to attend. She placed her own small crystal skull on the table in front of the Mitchell-Hedges skull and placed her hands on either side of the large crystal.

?I bought it here tonight,? Linda said of the small crystal skull. ?I cleared it with my own intentions so I could charge it. It came to me in a meditation while I was sleeping. The only thing I?d heard of crystal skulls before was on Indiana Jones. I read about this program in a magazine. I had to come see it. I?m on call, that?s why I?m dressed in uniform,? Linda said.

Dr. Benilous echoed the sentiment that ancient crystal skulls are symbols of special powers. They were used for healing and were said to possess the ability for learning and knowledge. Time Magazine featured Dr. Benilous on a cover story about treasures recovered from the deep after his discovery in 1993 of the Aztec skulls. There were then only 12 known to exist in the world.

The treasures Dr. Benilous and his team of divers recovered have great value in terms of wealth, but he has determined to keep the artifacts together and create a special exhibit that people everywhere can see. ?We don?t even know how the ancients made these things or if they made them or if they were there when they built their pyramids and cities,? Dr. Benilous said from his office in West Palm Beach.

?I really believe in what the crystal skull is all about. A lot of people find it interesting. Others have a greater connection. Call it a skull of love: love for people, animals, plants. We are all connected. The time now is speeding up. Things are happening. By 2012, according to the Maya, it is the end of a 26,000-year cycle. The change depends on the consciousness of the human world?how we go through this change. If we can open up to a higher consciousness, it can be a beautiful thing,? Homann said.

?It is a good chance to get this energy moving now. ? The Mayan prophecy is of 13 crystal skulls that when put in proper position, balances the planet. Several skulls have been moved. There are major energy points all over the world,? he added.

The city of Lubaantun encompasses 36 acres and contained eight pyramids, all overgrown by jungle, when F. A. Mitchell-Hedges discovered them.

?They were told that you could see the ocean from the top of the pyramid. His daughter climbed to the top of a big pyramid without asking her father?s permission. She was there at high noon when the sun was overhead. She saw a light inside the pyramid. She told her father. It took them six weeks to open a space where one person could be lowered down. Anna was lowered into the pyramid and she came up with it in her shirt,? as Homann described the discovery.

?Mitchell-Hedges gave it to a Mayan priest. They kept it and built fires around it. In 1927, when Mitchell-Hedges left, the Mayan?s gave it back, telling him to keep it safe. F.A. had it from 1927 to 1959; then Anna had it until her death in 2007. She gave it to me. They also found over 2,000 pieces of art that were given first to a museum in New York City, then transferred to the Smithsonian,? Homann said.

The tale of mystery continues. Dr. Benilous has not completed recovery of the sunken treasure off Florida?s coast, and Bill Homann knows the general location of a 4-foot-tall crystal statue that F.A. Mitchell-Hedges and Anna found in the 1930s.

?They couldn?t get it out, so they buried it. They were supposed to go back in 1939, but war started. F. A. worked for the Secret Service, and they wouldn?t let him leave the country. I?m going down there again to do a little digging,? Homann said.

?Once you see it, you?ll never forget it,? this adventurer told his listeners, a sentiment repeated by Dr. Victor Benilous, who also continues the quest for sunken Aztec treasure beneath the ocean.

John Christopher Fine is a marine biologist and expert in marine and maritime affairs. Dr. Fine has authored 24 books, most about ocean and environmental issues. He holds the highest licenses as a master scuba instructor and instructor trainer.

Courtesy of

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.theepochtimes.com

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11982.msg77224.html#msg77224

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 03:58:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Interesting topic Seldom, and another highly controversial one. Last I had heard the experts had ruled these as all fakes. Since a few turned up as being made in Germany they were labeled as all hoaxes. I had not heard of the shipwreck recovery, that puts a wrench into the Germany theory.

The biggest issue with these it appears is there is no way to determine age since the crystal is old, so you have to look for machine marks. Since there are only witness accounts as to how and where these were recovered it's easy for archaeologists to discount them out of hand. Pulling one off the bottom of the sea from a 16th century wreck is tough to say was a planted forgery. Hopefully more will come to light.   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11982.msg77239.html#msg77239

Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 04:29:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

All that I have read or heard about were ruled fakes. I think I saw somewhere even the Mitchell-Hedges  skull shows tool marks under high power magnification, and that's the one that started it all. I have never seen one of the famous ones in person but saw one in Mexico City Museum that was very primitive not like the pictures of the Mitchell-Hedges  skull. Just thought the shipwreck slant was a interesting new twist.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11982.msg77245.html#msg77245

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 05:21:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I pretty much heard the same thing, although a few declined to be tested if I recall. I think Discovery or History channel covered the great confluence of crystal skulls and seems like all they looked at showed tool marks. If I recall Anna was a bit put out. Who knows maybe daddy placed it for her to find? Until someone digs one up and documents it on film the stigma of hoax will remain. Plus the whole new age crew that idolize them are not helping much. The shipwreck part was what caught my eye as well. Thanks for sharing it.    Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11982.msg77255.html#msg77255

Offline medmaker
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 02:59:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Okay so the skulls (or some of them at least) showed tool marks. Some may have been fakes. But why are they all being declared fakes because of tool marks? It's because the current scientific establishment has a very fixated and narrow view of human life on earth. They do not believe that ancient humans could have had the kind of tools necessary to make the crystal skulls. But then again they would not believe that ancient man could have built the great pyramid either if it wasn't there for all to see. I am just suggesting that the basis for the claims of fake crystal skulls may in be erroneous itself. There is too much anomalous historical data in the world that points towards a concept of human civilization/technology rising and falling over time. Maybe there were tools even more advanced than ours in the ancient and unknown past?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11982.msg86423.html#msg86423

Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 03:11:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

No its not that Medmaker, the tool marks they are referring to are high carbon steel marks and diamond tool marks. The people at the time did not have the technology to make them. The Mitchell-Hedges  skull is the only one that needs to be proved real, its the only one I think is real.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11982.msg86431.html#msg86431

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 03:27:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The big problem even with the MH skull is that all we have is the finders word of where it was found. No documentation or evidence. That makes it hard to base much off them. Plus as Seldom said most were made with modern type grinding wheels.

However Medmaker I do agree the scientific community tends to discourage anything out of the accepted history ideology.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11982.msg86445.html#msg86445

Offline medmaker
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 05:34:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good points all. I wonder though if the skulls may have been formed by an even earlier society than the ones in which they were found? I agree some or most may be fake since the monetary value placed on them was large....I just always have wondered about us humans. I suspect that we may have risen and fallen more than once. Each time that we rose, perhaps different advanced technologies were developed and then lost. If this did happen, isn't it possible that later civilizations may have found and preserved some artifacts? Just musing here...not looking for arguments or such. Just some idle thoughts.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11982.msg86490.html#msg86490

Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 06:07:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

We are not going to argue about it what good would it do. You have some interesting ideals and I am sure many of us have had the same thoughts about the subject. Who knows? And you hit the nail on the head about money sure many were faked just for that reason. That is why the MH skull is the only one of interest to me at this time, the first one may be the only real one.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11982.msg86496.html#msg86496

Offline RJ39NY
GW BUTTON HUNTER
Bronze Member

GW BUTTON HUNTER
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

715.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Garret Ace 250/Whites MXT PRO
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 08:51:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Teach I actually liked what you said. I have to agree with your line of thinking, it has been scientifically proven that the earth has known 5 total extintions. During one of these periods "before" extintion, I believe that there was a more advanced civilzation that inhabited our earth before modern man. Why do people have to believe that today's educated man is the most modern and evolved species that ever inhabitated our planet. How can this be true? I'll tell you> it's called the human ego, only a few people realized early on that in our great universe, with all of it's intricate balances and wonderments, man is only a spec of all the beautiful things created. This is my theory, there was a prior civilzation to ours that was much different then our own. These people were evolved in other areas as beings, besides education. Science then is not what we call science today. I believe there was a population at one time that was able to harness there brain activities on a level that we are unfamiliar with. (just as edgar casey stated everyone has the ability to go into a transe like state and become one with the universe, past and present) I believe that some people could have had telepathy,teleportation and other natural human abilities that have been genetically altered out of our brains today. I think they had a personal-sink with our universe's workings on a melecular level that we don't understand or fathom today. Example of this might be: Stonehendge> how was the rock formations hoisted in position or even brought 2k miles to england in the first place, no boats could have been used and no animal can pack the weight! esp over thousands of miles... (I know if i was the donkey pulling these megolithic boulders over set down tree's, i would be like F* that, might have to look into mythological elephants...)> so maybe there was a group of human beings that possesed talents of certain portions of the brain which enabled them teleportaion, and they just floated these rocks. just a personal theory. United States government actually has done multiple documented studies of individuals who posses a brain "talents" common people don't have. There are a few real people with proven psychic abilities>fact> so if this is the case, why couldn't have there been a population of people who harnesed their natural abilities in a way we don't understand today.  why is it hard to believe a group of people like Atlantians lived, flourished and then the earth had a catastoph,y and they were wiped out with no evidence of there existance to modern man.  We know from treasure hunting that relics, no matter how well you preserve them still decay over time! How many things like the Spinx or pyramids, easter island,nasca,ect.... when do we have to finaly say, hey we weren't the first or the smartest?
Remembering DR. Leaky era, the big question>if man comes from apes, why are they still apes? Becuase we had to prove scientifically for our own ego's that were more then smarter apes, and the hunt to scientifically prove we just evolved from a lessor species of man was at foot. Unfortuantely Religion has caused the senseless death of millions of people, but the real true crime is that it's fear kept people ignorant too scientific fact about our universe for thousands of years. Another question for you smarter audience, if man has been around for thousands of years, how come we only became scientifically advanced in the last 60 years? How if we progress so slowly and systematically through devolopments of technology can we say we became technologically inovative on our own... we can't... can't be an idiot for 5000 years and then get smarter in 60. The answer is we got help in new directions from a foriegn source........ i mean not earthly. How can i read a newspaper artical dated 1890 about flying ship over texas, utah, and a few other states when the wright brothers dont take flight till 1915?  technology from a new source? Also documented that not to far from our own galaxay there is a sun that is 5 billion years older then our own, with planets not to cold or hot LIKE OURS. So why is it hard to believe there is another civilzation out there with a million year head start on us.........., probably becuase our self important egos. One of the smartest people on earth said that, religion will be a loose affilitation of people to gather when they realize the awe of the universe.  Well sorry about the ramble.. hope you enjoyed whats on my mind, i like religion, i don't want you to think i am bashing it. I always believed people who practice religion try to be better people and serve the community. The bible to me is an instruction manual on man, with lots of pointers. Peace -GW HUNTER- OUT!
 Hello here here brother i agree!  Rider

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11982.msg86544.html#msg86544

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Two Dollar Star.jpg

-RJ Silverstein GW Button Hunter-

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: