[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 08:46:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

Medmaker some items like the Antikythera Mechanism, the Bahgdad batteries, the Piri Reis map, Paulina Zelitski's Megalythic city off Cuba, and a few others point out that we don't know as much about ancient history and technology as we like to think. It's about finding indisputable evidence in strata that can change thought in this direction. Something that Uncle JoeBob found in 1910 and was in the garage for 100 years will never be accepted as evidence, just labeled as anomaly. In science anomalies are thrown out because it screws up theorys and that impinges on grant monies.

RJ paragraphs man, paragraphs Smiley I won't say I agree or disagree on the metaphysical thoughts, not sure this is the right forum for that discussion, simply again say evidence is the key. There has been a lot of real progress on methodology of ancient megalyths. I trust Ed Leedskalnins statement that he knew how the pyramids were built because he built his own mega structure to prove it. Coral Castle is an amazing story. Also check out this guy Wally Wallington moving some huge blocks.

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCvx5gSnfW4#noexternalembed

Theories are great but they will never change the academic hardliners. Only hard evidence will. Thats why a skull from a 300+ year old undisturbed shipwreck would go a long way to understanding how the skulls were made. Say the new found skull has no tool marks then we have a better idea any with marks were faked. Imagine if that skull found has the same marks? How do you dispute that then? It's not only what you find but how and where you find it and how you document the find that makes it evidence over anomaly.

Find something amazing and a handfull of people will try to prove its real and millions will try to prove its not. Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11982.msg86629.html#msg86629

Offline bomber
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5229.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 09:37:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Please Register or Login

www.answers.com/topic/crystall-skull
............scroll thru it...........they're fakes

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11982.msg86641.html#msg86641

« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 09:41:04 am by bomber »

dreams of the young are the regrets of old

Offline seldomTopic starter
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 10:14:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

One of biggest problems when I was studying anthropology was the classifying of artifacts. I got into many heated debates with professors and other students about  how everything that could not be classified as a tool are other domestic artifact was a religious artifact. The professionals would never consider  that something could just be a work of art, a toy, that all cave paintings and stone cravings and drawings could just be doodling  they don't have to be praise to an unknown god or a story of a great hunt. Some in fact many are but not all of them.
As Jones point out till evidence is found in strata by professionals  all we have are theories, and we as laymen are going to interpret things in our own way. I for one am not going to call everything that can not be used to kill an animal or cook a meal a object of religion.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11982.msg86658.html#msg86658

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 11:36:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

Seldom you bring up an excellent point that more professionals should consider. No one theory covers all artifacts. I wholeheartedly agree.

Bomber, I prefer the term highly suspicious.  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11982.msg86680.html#msg86680

Offline bomber
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5229.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 12:33:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

good enough for me.....................po ta to........po tot to...........

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11982.msg86686.html#msg86686

dreams of the young are the regrets of old

Offline medmaker
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 09:10:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Great input from everybody. Perhaps I like treasure hunting because I can find some dingy old bit of nothing and let my imagination work on it awhile to come up with a great and fun story that i don't have to prove to anybody. I can just enjoy the item and let it be. As for the science side though...I was trained as a classical scientist too and saw many, many transgressions by the mainline scientists just so they could follow the money trail. I have always had a hard time with anyone saying something has to be so...just because they and their gang say it is so! Wasn't it Galileo that was just re-communicated by the catholic church some hundreds of years after his death and they still wouldn't admit that he was right (this in the 1990's). All of this does have a treasure hunting bent to it in my mind. What if civilizations have come and gone without any OFFICIALLY recognized traces of them remaining? Well, it makes sense to me that checking out the anomalies may lead to some great finds. Just a thought.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11982.msg86770.html#msg86770

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 10:44:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

All good points of view.
 If a crystal skull was proved to be found in a ship that had been down under for the last 333 years and came up with the same test results as previous. It would probly be said to be a fake that had been planted ! 
 I also agree, that a cave painting mite just be that , nothing more nothing less. What would a cave man do on a rainy day to pass the time ??

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11982.msg86786.html#msg86786

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: