[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline rrtrooper68Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

yukon 94
« on: September 03, 2010, 12:01:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

i remember as a young boy i grew up in south Minneapolis in a poor neighborhood.a old lady that lived across the street from me would be seen everyday pushing her shopping cart past the house loaded with all kinds of junk.                      she would return at nite and disappear into the ran down shack that she lived in.once she went inside,you would never see any lites on inside the house.one day while playing in the street she walked past me.i threw my ball towards her house.(i remember that as a test of some sort as to break the ice so to speak)she started yelling obscenities at me and rambling on about how kids like me were nothing but trouble and stay out of her yard and so on and so forth.all the kids in the neighborhood were sort of scared of here and there was talk amongst us that she was a witch and the house was haunted.anyways,after this encounter with her and confirming my suspicions that she must be crazy and she was a bag lady,i allways stayed clear of her when i would see her.one day the old Lady's house cough fire and it took days for the fire to be put out.it turns out i was correct in assuming she was a bag lady.i think we call these people pack rats nowadays.anyways.a few days latter the house was boarded up and it sat that way for a few years.the lady would be seen every once in a while but she was never seen going into the house ever again.and after a while,she just disappeared.i don't know what ever happened to her.well as i said after a few years,some of us kids got a little brave and decided to go inside the burnt out shack.more to come.
we decided to explore the burnt out shack.we slipped in through a loose board on the broken in door that the fire departmed broke a few years earlyer.i was simply amazed at what we seen when we got inside.junk everywhere stacked clear to the ceiling.i mean allot of junk,every room in the house was cram packed with clothes,furniture and everything you could imagine.there was sooooooo much stuff that there was only small isles to walk threw.no room to sit,sleep or sh.. well you get the point.anyways,being kids,we didn't think we were doing anything wrong and besides the house was condemned and abandoned and was going to be tore down in a few weeks sooooo,we started to rummage threw the stuff and then it started.i found a small bag that gad a roll of quarters than a dress that had a roll of Morgan silver dollars than a book with a five dollar bill and a sock with loose change a box with more silver and so on and so on.the other kids were finding money everywhere as well.we spent the day ramsacking the place and found several hundred dollars mostly in old silver and silver certificates.the next day we went back and found more money and more and more.it was unreal the amount of money we found and we were just kids.we spent it on candy at the store and the guy asked where did you get these coins.i told him from my piggy bank.he said he would take as maney as we could spend.I'm sure he would.more to come.
we went back inside the burnt out shack several more times in the next few weeks and found allot more money.word spread throughout the neighborhood and soon everyone was going in there.i really don't know how much money was found as there was so many people rummaging threw it it's hard to say.but when the wrecking crew came,everything that was inside the house was now mostly strewn on the ground outside in the yard of the shack. being kids,we watched as they tore it down it only took a few hours.after they left,i went threw the wreckage and was still finding silver dollars an other change as well.the next day,they came with trucks and hauled it all away.i was 8 years old at the time and I'm now 42 and that lot still sits empty.i think it would be a good idea to return with a metal detector.that's my first encounter with treasure.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17647.msg113618.html#msg113618

Offline Eugene52
M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Thank you398

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 08:14:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

You need to go back with a decent Metal Detector , before someone else scoops up the remaining Silver Dollars !!

HH..........Eugene

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17647.msg114629.html#msg114629

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 01:34:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Road trip! Who's driving?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17647.msg114967.html#msg114967

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline whitt459
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

bounty hunter   and tesoro
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 02:48:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

i doubt she buried anything as she would want to have faster access too her money

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17647.msg114993.html#msg114993

Offline rrtrooper68Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

yukon 94
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 05:19:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

i don't think anything was buried eather but when they tore the house down who knows what was hidden inside the walls or what was missed.i know that we did find some silver dimes after they tore it down.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17647.msg118604.html#msg118604

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: