[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline discohunterTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: March 23, 2014, 02:54:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

+++++++++Allright, well, this is my first post outside of my hellonewtoforum deal...So.....bout 15 years ago, I met this guy, lets call him Phil...Phil is on Social Security disability, due to nerve and brain damage from a work accident many years ago, not real big into meeting people or saying much, but we hit it off and spent a lot of time together shooting the breeze...Phils sory is this.....

Phil met a guy back I think it was in the early 60s who was native American, with maybe some African American thrown in, this guy was around 65 or so then, and not in good health,,,he claimed that he had run with Al Capones guys back in the day, robbing banks and other big money jobs, and that he knew about the location of one of the stash locations, that he was sure still held loot (gold coins). Cant remember why, but Phil lost contact with the guy over time, and found himself working in a factory type job 15 or so years later where he was working opposite a young native American woman...one day he's telling her the story about  "Indian Joe"(seems like he had a nickname like that, cant remember what it was exactly) and the girl says "hey, that's my grandfather, I know kinda where that golds supposed to be!" So Phil (who doesn't really have the best judgment of character, and knows it these days) winds up partnering with some fella he didn't know too well, and heads for the hilly area somewhere between Chicago and Madison Wisconsin where the girl said the treasure was hidden, with a very rough/vague map she had sketched for him...they drove around the area for days exploring here and there, gazing at the hilltops from differant angles to try to identify the one the loot was supposed to be hidden in, and one day, decided theyd found it...It lay on private land, but the home was more than a mile down the hill from their target, so they drove up a dirt road at night without permission) to the top of the hill, and climbed down to find to their excitement, a small "cave" right where it was supposed to be! Phil  had a piece of crap flashlight, and one of those flat rectangular cameras(didn't tell the partner about the camera) You see, Phil had discovered that this other guy was pretty shady, and by now was wishing maybe he had gone to a relative or something instead of partering up with some guy he hardly knew...anyhow. the cave entrance is small, Phill had to crawl along on his belly to get anywhere...al+l the while his partner is beginning calling for him to hurry up, asking if he saw anything, and Phil was getting rather panicked  both from claustrophobia and because he was staring to fear his partner might harm or even kill him over the treasure, if it was found...so,  he's crawling along answering back to the guy as he goes, and it looks like the cave dead ends a few feet ahead of him, he explains this to the guy, who is pretty upset now, when he realizes theres a shaft straight down right at the end of the tunnel/cave. Phil wears rather thick glasses but he can see theres what looks like a bucket at the bottom of this shaft, maybe 15 feet down,,,so he takes his camera and using his flashlight , snaps a couple pictures off down the hole, crawls back out to his partner guy and they leave...Phil manages to ditch the guy day later, but doesn't head back, instead, he heads out to California, where he winds up getting poisoned by the fluid that surrounds the transformers you see up on lightposts, and soon cannot work at all...He eventually heads back east which is where I meet him 10 years ago...so he tells me the story, I found it very interesting of course...when he is done with the story he say to me "Now, you're probably wondering  about the pictures I took huh?" "yep" I answered...Phil reached into a drawer and pulled out a worn photo, and hands it to me "well, he says, only one of the 2 came out, here it is my friend" I find myseld looking at a typical milk bucket or whatever, one of those tin pails, about 3 gallons, laying at the bottom of a dirt shaft at about a 45 degree angle, filled partly with what looks like gold...couldn't make out individual coins, but sure could've been a pile of gold coins, with several gold colored  "coins" laying in the dirt on the side of the pail that was tipping toward the bottom of the shaft...I swear the story  I'm telling you is the truth as I heard and saw it, and  "Phil" swears the whole thing is true as well..So, any of you treasure hunter types ever hear anything about a Native American that ran with Capone or anything else that might match up to what I'm telling ya? I plan on heading north again in the next couple years to find  "Phil, and do this whole thing right, find the spot (if he is still able) ask the landowners permission for a split etc and drag this gold outta there if none of y'all do it first, by the way, just haven't really had a good opportunity lately

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56412.msg274212.html#msg274212

Offline au fever
Mod
Silver Member

Thank you84

Activity
0%

Australia

3950.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites MXT Pro , minelab GPX 4000
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 04:06:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sounds like a good " Story " , good luck finding your treasure ..cheers Mick

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56412.msg274215.html#msg274215

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you293

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 11:37:16 am »
Go Up Go Down

Great story, discohunter.  There are a lot of things that I'd try to confirm if I were you and thinking about going after it.  It would take a lot of research.  Good luck if you decide to contact "Phil" again.  It does make a great story, anyway!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56412.msg274228.html#msg274228

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you356

Activity
5%
Male
Australia

6065.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 03:30:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Great story.
I was wondering to how many of his friends Phil said the “story" for a beer or two and how many been looking for it

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56412.msg274240.html#msg274240

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Offline salvor6
Mod
Silver Member

Pirate of the Martires
Thank you13

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3537.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

WWW Awards

Aquapulse, Fisher Proton 3 mag, Pulse Star Pro II, Humminbird 1198 side scan sonar, AK-47
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 08:56:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Any update on this story?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56412.msg285734.html#msg285734

Offline acepro
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%