[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldHoundTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia
Referrals: 0

480.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace350, AT Pro, Deluxe Pointer and a much older ADS VLF/TR Deepseeker (purchased new in the 70's) - Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 - AutoMax Pin-pointer (which is crap) / soon a GPX 5000 Minelab and Garrett Infinium
« on: April 22, 2011, 06:07:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The other day I was watching a show on the Universe by Prof Steven Hawkins which was very interesting particularly the part were he talks about the creation of Gold and other heavy (precious) metal.

He was saying that these materials are manufactured when stars turn super-nova first turning inward on itself creating tremendous pressure and heat, which is many time hotter then anything we could imagine to create these metals and then explodes outwards with colossal force sending huge quantities of it around the universe in particle form. These metal particles is later collected up again with other matter including large amounts of Iron, silica and carbon to form planets like ours. These particles of gold etc are all over and with volcanic action are fused (melted) together and distributed in deposits which over time are left behind after the volcanic rock has been eroded. During this process fractures in the Igneous rock allows Metamorphic mineral's/rock to form and reheating sends gold into these materials such as quarts.

What I found very interesting is he pointed out that the next time you look at the gold ring on your finger remember it was formed billions of years ago in outer space... Interesting thought.

Another interesting thought is with Meteorites and people fascination with them as single object to value. I think back to a movie I watch when I was younger with Alan Lad about Jim Bowie and the knife he made famous and how they used a meteorite of iron to make it "Special". For years this stuck with me thinking how special indeed this would be.

However when you boil (or melt ) it all down everything on earth originated from outer space.

Food for thought....  Detecting

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23096.msg165373.html#msg165373

"There's Gold in them there Hills, just got to get of your arse and find it..."
Thanks Mr Garrett, love your work...
"A bad day's detecting with the family is better then any the kids would spend watching TV." Me....

Offline Knute FIFER
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

WHITE 6000 DI PROSL GARRETE 550XGTA
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 08:17:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank's 4 the input...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23096.msg231960.html#msg231960

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 08:37:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Gold can be made on Earth by Neutron Bombarding Mercury but it takes a pile of energy that is just not there in Nature.

I'll go with the Star thing.    LOL

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23096.msg231965.html#msg231965

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: