[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands
Referrals: 0

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 04:36:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Deleting posts should be done at a last resort .  I don't think Keith Ranville was pressed  to take the position as moderator on this Forum . He accepted did'nt he ? Everybody should have a chance to write whatever he wants  . It is different when foul or rude language is used  . Freedom is so hard to come by that we should at least be open to eachother here on this forum . A forum is like a family . Even in a family not everything goes according to our wishes but that is no reason to kick the kids in the street when they don't behave like we wish .  Cornelius

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3214.msg23240.html#msg23240

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 04:42:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Christian
I made the error to put in Mr. Keith Ranville as a Moderator for the Oak Island Board. Keith abused his position to start deleting and modifying posts which didn't match his oppinions. This does not apply with our free speech boards. All oppinions are welcome on these boards as long as they are presented in a polite and reasonable way.

It was a fault to put an individual like him into the position of a moderator. These forums do not support censorship of the freedom of speech.

I have accordingly banned him from the website.

Sorry for any inconvience caused by this.

Read this when you abuse your power has a moderator here are anywhere you get the bull do not think for one second that the adminstrator here can not see what all us moderators do  and Christian is not liar

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3214.msg23241.html#msg23241

Offline ChristianTopic starter
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 05:09:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I gave Keith Ranville the chance to share and promote his views wiith others on this forum and he kindly accepted.

However his first actions were to delete and / or alter 37 (!) posts which obviously did not match his views.

Now I ask you what you would want not only a moderator but any member to do when he does not agree to a posting you made: Should he simply delete it or should he discuss the topic with you?

I believe without any doubt that the later one is the right way to go. This is a forum where people exchange views, discuss different oppinions or even argue in a polite way. However denying, rejecting or even deleting anything that is not in line with ones personal views does not match the idea of a free spech forum nor is it a acceptable behaviour for a moderator.

Mr. Reinville deleted the work of many other members. Hence it is not me who needs to apologize but him! He owes those people an apology!

I thus made the only right thing: To ban him for god and prevent him from causing further damage.

All the deleted post will be restored from a backup though. That is the least I can do to honor the work of those members.

Deleting a post is the last mean a moderator can take and should only be applied to abusive posts. However in this case Mr. Ranville was unfortunately the abusive element himself.

I am very happy and proud of the friendly stuff at THunting.com! The stuff helps to make this place better each day. Thank you all!

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3214.msg23245.html#msg23245

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 05:14:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

You did the right thing Christian !!!!!!! To explain my remarks about  kicking the kids in the street  ( which may be miss-read ) I have to explain what I meant .    You don't delete the post of contributors to this forum because you don't like what they write and kick them in the street like bad kids .     Regards   Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3214.msg23246.html#msg23246

Offline isethebye
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 05:19:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

i think he has already been banned from OI ...
that was acouple years ago when he flipped about the idea that other people had differing thoeries.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3214.msg28683.html#msg28683

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: