[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ChristianTopic starter
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States
Referrals: 0

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« on: August 09, 2009, 05:48:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello all,

I am presently working on the site, adding new features and improvements. Also the website wll be moved to a way faster server soon.

However I would liek to ask you to submitt all your suggestion on how to improve our forum in this thread.

If there is any feature you are missing and would like to have added, if you noticed anything not working properly etc. just submitt it here and I will add it to my to do list.

Best wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6966.msg42454.html#msg42454

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 06:34:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Is there anything that can be done about the Punctuations Glitches?

Cant use Commas, ect?       Like this   (    Can't    )     can't      don't   it's 

How about the Auto HTML Feeds that no one can read?

Edit:   Dang you must have fixed that one! Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6966.msg42471.html#msg42471

« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 06:38:11 pm by homefire »
Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 03:14:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

Christian;

I did not say anything before because I felt it was being picky and figured nothing would get fixed, anyway.  Funny

When I log in, sometimes the system has not logged me out, also, most of the time, the log-in button is absent, but it says submit, and that seems to do the job.

Next, the topic notifications are being sent as duplicate, triplicate and even quadruplicate notices, without NEW posts.

Also, when I post, in a topic, I get a notification of a posting (my own posting) in that topic, which adds to the multiplicity of notices. It could be fixed so a person does not get a notification of his own post, and it could cut down on server overhead.

Some times a notification is for old stale topics, having nothing new, more overhead. I dont mind being notified of a new posting in an old topic, that is what it is for. Right?

Lastly, we need instructions on how to open new topics (have not had success at this.) It could be informative to have some explanations of referrals, gold, etc.... I had to learn by sandbagging but had to ASK about referrals, and, oh yes, the atavar!

The search function does not seem to work; tonight, I tried several ways to search for the posting on the lost Rhoads treasure, in the Uintah Mountains of Utah.... absolutely nothing, just as if it had never occurred. I collected a bunch of data, off the internet, that is proprietary, to a certain extent, so I can not post it, but could email it to the inquirer.

IF I did an anthology of lost mines, I could post it without copy right infringement, because it would be considered a NEW document of my intellectual construction.... I believe I only need to assign credits.

Something I have noticed, is that some words seem to be blocked, quite innocent words, such as c - u - l - t - u -  r - e, which results in URE, the first part being dropped, any cutting of words, or part words is censorship, (admittedly not many) which I do not like, but realize some modification is necessary. But the above is silly. So much for freedom of speech. Canada has laws prohibiting Hate speech, which is good if not taken too far, so that probably occurs here, too.

homefire has a point, the apostrophes! They come out as HTML!

If I remember more, I will jot it down and post it to you.

goldigger (Brian)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6966.msg42579.html#msg42579

goldigger

Offline tabdog
Silver Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4460.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 03:35:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

Boy Christian, are you sure you want to get Bryan started,,, lol

Just kidding Bryan.

I do not know enough to make suggestions. But you sure do.
Are you a perfectionist?

I would guess you are about some things.

I am not complaining.

You make me think sometimes.{alt}

And that is a good thing,

I think,,,,,,

Tabdog

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6966.msg42582.html#msg42582
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd296/dcb1265/5-4-1small-2.jpg

Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 03:42:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
Is there anything that can be done about the Punctuations Glitches?

Cant use Commas, ect?       Like this   (    Can't    )     can't      don't   it's 

How about the Auto HTML Feeds that no one can read?

Edit:   Dang you must have fixed that one! Great

Thsi is on the top of my to do list. The error occurs when there is a link within a posting. I hope to have this fixed soon!

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6966.msg42583.html#msg42583

Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 03:52:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Brian!

Thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it!

Quote:Posted by goldigger
When I log in, sometimes the system has not logged me out, also, most of the time, the log-in button is absent, but it says submit, and that seems to do the job.

I'm not fully certain if I git this right. Basically you will remain logged in as long as you don't log out unless you stay inactive for an extended periode of time, I think it is 6 hours. When you are logged in, the login button will be absent.

Next, the topic notifications are being sent as duplicate, triplicate and even quadruplicate notices, without NEW posts.

Hm, this is strange. I will have to check into it! You ought to receive a notification when there is either a new reply or and edit to a topic which you are following. However if there are no changes, there ought to be no notification especially not several notifications at once.

Also, when I post, in a topic, I get a notification of a posting (my own posting) in that topic, which adds to the multiplicity of notices. It could be fixed so a person does not get a notification of his own post, and it could cut down on server overhead.

Yes, this definately has to be changed! Thanks for letting me know about it!

Lastly, we need instructions on how to open new topics (have not had success at this.)

For starting a new topic simply use the "New topic" button. Please let me know if it doesn't get displayed. I'm attaching what it so you can see what it looks like.

It could be informative to have some explanations of referrals, gold, etc.... I had to learn by sandbagging but had to ASK about referrals, and, oh yes, the atavar!

Good idea! I will set up a faq!

The search function does not seem to work; tonight, I tried several ways to search for the posting on the lost Rhoads treasure, in the Uintah Mountains of Utah.... absolutely nothing, just as if it had never occurred. I collected a bunch of data, off the internet, that is proprietary, to a certain extent, so I can not post it, but could email it to the inquirer.

I just did a test on the search function and it seems to be working fine.

Something I have noticed, is that some words seem to be blocked, quite innocent words, such as c - u - l - t - u -  r - e, which results in URE, the first part being dropped, any cutting of words, or part words is censorship, (admittedly not many) which I do not like, but realize some modification is necessary. But the above is silly. So much for freedom of speech. Canada has laws prohibiting Hate speech, which is good if not taken too far, so that probably occurs here, too.

I will make sure to turn this off. As I agree it can result in silly word censoring.

If you notice anything else please don't hesitate to let me know!

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6966.msg42586.html#msg42586

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

1.jpg
2.jpg

« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 03:55:06 am by Christian »

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 05:15:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

Christian;

Re the log out:

I can log off, very definitely, and when I go back, I have to log in, all normal BUT no log IN button, it just says "submit." My browser has a quirk, that if I do not immediately change tabs or turn it off, I go right back to the forum. So when I log out, I REALLY log out... as soon as the screen goes white.

I can be off 6 to 12 hrs, usually am. It does not seem to matter.

The only time I would not think it unusual, to still be logged in, is when I get bumped because of some problem on the cable/satellite. I'm on a satellite link. Some times I get bumped if my AVG starts a system scan..... it seems to get a conflict. I got bumped tonight... still logged in.

When you tried the search (I only used it tonight for the first time,) did you search for Uintah Mountains or Rhoads Treasure??? Because that posting has disappeared. I did a fairly thorough search, yesterday, in any topic it might have been, but no go.

I even answered his post, because I had never heard of it, and as an X - Mormon it had particular interest, for me.

I had another problem all laid out, but when I had it ready to post, I relized its a quirk of the browsers.  Funny

I'm still looking.

goldigger (Brian)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6966.msg42587.html#msg42587

goldigger

Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 08:47:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Brian, I will work on those errors. Have you checked on the posting a "New topic" issue?

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6966.msg42620.html#msg42620

Offline Eugene52
M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Thank you397

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 01:34:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Christian . It is Great News You are moving to a faster server !!! . The only things I can think of is  1. When you log-in it directs me to the message boards and not the main page !!!! . 2. Since I like to go to the main page first then read the latest topics and then I hit "more recent topics" to catch up on what I might have missed when being logged off ........It takes so long to scroll through 10 pages of "more recent topics" , can you change the main page to show 45 , 60 or more recent topics than the current 15 ? Just some suggestions.
Regards.......Eugene

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6966.msg42654.html#msg42654

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 01:42:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'd like to see a navigation bar at the end of the messages just like the one at the top of the page. When I get to the end of a long thread, it would be nice to click to the area to which I want to go rather than have to scroll all the way back to the top to do it.

And I agree about the word censoring. I mentioned that the word diffic-u-l-t cannot be spelled because of it. Contractions do not always work right, as previously mentioned.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6966.msg42659.html#msg42659

« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 01:50:08 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: