[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Treasurehunter01253Topic starter
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2470.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

9 function discrminator, Sears discriminator.
« on: May 15, 2011, 04:04:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

As we all know ,April 2011, was the 150th anniversary of the civil war. And to this day items from both sides are being recovered by treasure hunters, antique dealers & antique hunters. there were so many items made during the war its remarkable! not to mention unbelieveable. and yet I still believe that many items
will never be found, eathier due to distruction, or being passed down thru
family and or private collectors. There are many items left to be found, many items could be of extreame value. Remember after the War many who fought,
moved away to diffrent areas of the country for one reason or another. So keep in mind that civil war treasures and items are not just confined to the battlefields of The Great Civil War. I am in Washington State and I found many
civil war veterans located to this area after the war ended, and if they had treasure, it went with them IE- guns, money ( if they had any) uniforms, you name it the list could be endless on what you may find!. I am wondering who on thunting will find the most valuable item from the civil war era this year?
Happy Hunting & Best Wishes,,,,,Rob

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25009.msg173379.html#msg173379

Offline 21stTNcav
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher CZ 70/Minelab Sov/ Titan 400
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 02:07:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yep, Shiloh which is basically my backyard at my folks home in West Tennessee is going to be HUGE next April. They will be doing two different reenactments. They feel that the 1st Bull Run , so soon to take place, will have more renactors than there were soldiers at the original battle.

One of the best hints ever given to me about civil war relic finding was to find out where the home of a vet was located after the Civil War. Kids play with Grandpas old uniform and buckles and buttons get lost in the backyard thus!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25009.msg173663.html#msg173663

Offline GOLDREAMER
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Puerto Rico

450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 08:06:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Treasurehunter01253
    As we all know ,April 2011, was the 150th anniversary of the civil war. And to this day items from both sides are being recovered by treasure hunters, antique dealers & antique hunters. there were so many items made during the war its remarkable! not to mention unbelieveable. and yet I still believe that many items
will never be found, eathier due to distruction, or being passed down thru
family and or private collectors. There are many items left to be found, many items could be of extreame value. Remember after the War many who fought,
moved away to diffrent areas of the country for one reason or another. So keep in mind that civil war treasures and items are not just confined to the battlefields of The Great Civil War. I am in Washington State and I found many
civil war veterans located to this area after the war ended, and if they had treasure, it went with them IE- guns, money ( if they had any) uniforms, you name it the list could be endless on what you may find!. I am wondering who on thunting will find the most valuable item from the civil war era this year?
Happy Hunting & Best Wishes,,,,,Rob

Can you post pics of your findings?  Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25009.msg173741.html#msg173741

Offline Treasurehunter01253Topic starter
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2470.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

9 function discrminator, Sears discriminator.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 12:53:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello 21stCav,
                   First of all  Welcome to thunting! This is a great place to make friends and learn valueable information on this great hobby / obsession that we all have lol.
          Where you live is another treasures hunters ideal heaven, espically if thier a civil war buff as I am. I too have done re-enactments. even the small skirimishes that actually happened, when re-enacted get more re-enactor's than the orgional fight. even after the re-enactor's leave if you go MDing you will find items, that have been trampled upon during the re-enactment. Have you searched any of the areas before the battlefield ? ( I do believe that shiloh is a historical site isn't it?) have you found anything in your area? I look forward to reading about your hunts and finds. Best Wishes,,,Rob

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25009.msg173984.html#msg173984

Offline 21stTNcav
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher CZ 70/Minelab Sov/ Titan 400
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 02:13:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Actually I live in Rio Grande Vally in deep South East Texas now. I hunt the beach a lot and you would be surprised how much CW stuff is here. Regardless the action that occurred in West Tennessee, well heck, Tennessee in general is prolific. Shiloh is a National Military Park and it is illegal to hunt on it for sure, but the private land around it is just fine to hunt and it seems tons of skirmishing took place just about everywhere. Shiloh is in a very rural area so the Battlefield is preserved in total and without encroachment. It is one of the most beautiful parks in the United States. I am a reanactor with the Artillery and my unit is from Savannah Tennessee, about 10 miles from Shiloh. At this point I do not even know which reenactment of the two occurring we are going to participate in, I am looking forward to it though.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25009.msg174006.html#msg174006

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: