[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline tedd22006Topic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

175.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« on: October 20, 2010, 10:08:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

So I was sitting around last Sunday thinking to myself ?man I haven?t been out with my 202 in a long time? when the phone rings. A friend of my had called with a problem, his son had been up to visit him for his birthday. His son and daughter in law had brought a couple of ATV?s with them, and wanted a place to ride. They went t a local camping spot used by a group of local boys. The problem that he was calling me about is that his daughter in law had lost her wedding ring somewhere around the fire ring, or shelter building, or parking area.  So naturally I jumped at the opportunity. Not knowing the part about the ATV?s. So I head out and set up a grid since the area is quit large and the location was iffy. After an hour and a half the first day I had to leave for some other important matters (and rain) I decided that I would return the next day a couple hours before the boys meeting and since I am a leader was hoping to find something cool to show them. So I head back out and run over most of my grid without a single ring in the beeps. Among the finds a 1980 penny, 9 tent steaks, a 10? piece of wire, several nails, an odd hunk of iron or lead, some tinfoil, and some nails and a screw. A little disappointed I head to the lodge. I grab the odd piece and head in to talk to some of our older leaders hoping that they could identify it. The first couple of people I asked had no idea then I asked our oldest leader whom is also a veteran and a civil war buff. He took it in his hand and in no time was telling me all about it. He said it is a 70-74cal. Bullet from a mounted gun. And after a short history lesson I wasn?t so disappointed. However he did say that he could be wrong. Any idea?s.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18692.msg121855.html#msg121855

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

102_0645.jpg

If you cant eat it, drink it, or dig it up, is it really worth it?

Offline peaceangel12000
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites Spectrum V3i
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 10:51:26 am »