[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline looseyTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: February 27, 2010, 03:02:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I keep reading that Federal Reserve Bonds series 1934 are fake, and that they were never issued in any amount. The ones I have seen have a picture of Benjamin Franklin, none of the ones I have heard of or seen pictures of have his picture, all the others have JFK , Roosevelt and others.  It sure is funny that the Federal Reserve site clearely has information concerning the existance of such bonds, they were an elaborite system of marketing war bonds. Henry Morgenthau Jr. who was the Secretary of the Treasury in 1934, ( breifly under President  Harry Truman) and arranged that the Federal Reserve would purchase bonds not bought by the public at an agreed rate. The war bond program raised 49 billion dollars towards the cost of the war.  The Bonds do exist. What would happen if they were to be cashed  at face value plus the 4% interest per annum?  THINK about it, would you want your country to be worse off than it is today.?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11827.msg76276.html#msg76276

Offline T_hunter44
Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United States

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Future ROVER C
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 05:41:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good question and now you know why every Tom, Dick and Harry is saying their was never any Federal Reserve Bonds. It is a dead issue and if one brings out the subject, either he or she gets a verbal attack and flagrant insults is very common.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11827.msg76305.html#msg76305

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 07:37:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The first clue to the fakery is simple. The War Bonds would not have been started until 1938 at the very earliest. There's no conspiracy afoot by the Federal Reserve Bank, which is NOT a branch of government. Harry Truman was NOT president in 1934 (1945-1953). So far, you have done nothing but misstate what dozens of conspiracy theorists have dished out to you. You believe them instead of reliable sources. How shameful.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11827.msg76332.html#msg76332

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 08:30:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The U.S. Treasury has received hundreds of contacts about these bogus securities, commonly known as "Morgenthaus" as Robert Morgenthaus was Secretary of the Treasury in 1934. These "federal notes" are not currency, neither are they bearer bonds. They are in fact crude forgeries that appear to have originated out of the Philippines. The "story" being told is that the United States shipped them to Philippine freedom fighters in the WW II era to help with the war effort. Some "investors" have brought them to us in so-called "Federal Reserve" metal boxes, along with other related certificates, such as Global Immunity, FDIC Insurance Gold Bullion  shipping manifests and "gold" coins. These crude forgeries were likely made by inserting images of $100 dollar bills (Ben Franklin), $1,000 dollar bills (Grover Cleveland) and even $1 dollar bills (George Washington) into a computer program, then altering the amounts to read $100 million and $500 million, then adding coupons both in English and Chinese script. Most were then printed on modern color printers or copiers. These modern color printers or copiers did not exist in 1934 when these bogus notes are alleged to have been issued. The Treasury Department did not issue securities (bonds) in $100 million or $500 million denominations during the time period alleged in this fraud.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11827.msg76335.html#msg76335

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 09:02:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

As I said, he served breifly under President Truman (1934- 1945). The ones I have seen are not notes they are Bonds and not used for public purchase. I can take the insults but I at least try to find out what I am dealing with through history and what is documented with the government. If you think the never existed that is your choice. Some people may just like to collect things that have alot of controversy to go along with it, makes life and collecting a little more interesting.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11827.msg76339.html#msg76339

Offline CANI
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

545.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

TESORO, GARRETT, BOUNTY HUNTER
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 09:11:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I would like to see a picture of the bonds if you can get one.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11827.msg76342.html#msg76342

THANKS, CANI

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 09:19:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'll see what I can do about that

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11827.msg76343.html#msg76343

Offline T_hunter44
Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United States

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Future ROVER C
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 09:22:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I was not talking about fake bonds. I was just saying that some people in this forum was saying there NEVER was any said bonds. Now, is there really any GENUINE TREASURY BONDS, for to make forgery, there has to be an original for the forgers to copy and if there was forgery, where did it originally come from, that is my question. The Filipinos in this Forum are insulted left and right but it did not start from them, sure, they are great imitators but to say that they imagined and  originated the fake Treasury Bonds, you give them TOO much credit. When looking for the Originators of the fake treasury bonds, do not look too far, the Genuine and the Fake came from this country but if you insist that the Filipinos has that much imagination, that's great, that is a plus to their native trait. Chao

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11827.msg76345.html#msg76345

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 09:30:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

We all know there are forgeries out there, and to make forgeries like that you would have to have some thing to work from so I agree where did they come from and if they are out there why does the government try to cover it up by saying they never existed?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11827.msg76349.html#msg76349

Offline T_hunter44
Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United States

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Future ROVER C
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 09:33:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by CANI
I would like to see a picture of the bonds if you can get one.
Pictures of the bonds is not impressive, you have to hold it in your hands to see and feel the texture and type of paper it was printed on and that paper was not made in the Philippines,  that is a fact.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11827.msg76350.html#msg76350

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.