[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline dign4itTopic starter
Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arc-geo mini
« on: July 11, 2010, 09:09:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

The very first contact that I had with Nick had to do with a photo that he had posted on a web site.  Nick explained that the photo showed a set of "mule ears" made of stone and that these stones lead to treasure.  I had already seen these 'ears" in person and knew for a fact that Nick was, at best, a dreamer when it came to sign and symbol interpretations.  I wrote to Nick and explained to him what the signs really meant (what they were truly saying).  I also asked him, respectfuly, how he intended to locate this treasure if he couldn't even read these "mule ears".  So began our correspondence.
  Nick wanted me to help him with these mule ears in the Caballos.  I told him that I would help, but that I was amazed at the fact that after all these years, after all these so-called experts had canvassed the Caballos Mountains, that none of these "Einsteins" had noticed the owl shaped boulders that lead to the treasure accumulation rooms that were established down by the river (the normal place for setting up treasure accumulation rooms). Not only are these rooms filled with treasure, and only treasure, but they are in a position where they are so easy to get to ( in comparison to the locations that these people were searching) as well as hidden from the telescopes that,
I was told, scan the Caballos and keep a watch on all treasure hunters.
  I had located this treasure room on a previous visit, and Nick loved the idea of a treasure room recovery.  In hindsight, I now know that he loved this idea of the treasure room recovery because he knows that his Tesoro Del Alma claim is a farce.  Anyway, I set a price of a thousand dollars to come to New Mexico and pin-point the treasure room location for Nick, the pin-pointing to take place AFTER the claim was filed (in both of our names).  My normal price to locate anything is a minimum of five grand plus a percentage of the find, and I told Nick that I knew that he was working on a shoestring budget so I would only charge him what the trip would cost, along with lodging, etc.  The deal was made for five hundred to be sent to me with the other five hundred due upon my arrival in New Mexico.
  The first red flag that went up were the calls that I received once I was at the location where I would stay during the claim filing and pin-pointing process.  These calls all warned me to be careful with Nick, that he is a con-man.  One person told me how Nick had swindled people out of thousands of dollars, then just simply walked away from them, leaving them with nothing in return.
  The second red flag came when I actually met Nick.  I was staying in a cabin right across from the Caballos Mountains and that is where I met Nick for the first time.  We were looking out over the river to the mountains when Nick started his attempt to impress me with his knowledge.  Problem was, it wasn't working!!!  The more he spoke the more I realized that he doesn't know squat about treasure sign and symbol interpreting.....that he went way beyond illiteracy and into total nonsense.
  The third red flag that went up was when Nick didn't have the money (five hundred) waiting for me as promised. Nick's own friend, Danny, would later reveal to me that Nick had to borrow what little he had, and that he had trouble raising a measly thousand to pay me.  Yet, in one of our first phone conversations Nick told me that he had a woman who would send him $250,000 as soon as he asked for it!!!
  I went in T or C that first night and spoke to a guy named Jerry.  We were discussing his sites in the Caballos when the topic of the mule ears came around.  He told me that this site was just one of his many sites.  I told Jerry that he may want to talk to Nick about this particular site because Nick had other ideas about it.  Jerry and I both went to Nicks hotel room and Jerry had a long private discussion in the room with Nick.  I was outside talking with Danny, and, it was during this time that red flag after red flag went up.  The things that Danny told me made me realize that I was in the midst of one of the worlds greatest con-men.
  After Jerry came outside I went into the room, along with Danny.  Nick began to tall me how he was going to file treasure trove claims on the entire mountain, that he was doing this to "help the little guy".  I was pissed about this, knowing that treasure trove trumps placer claims.  I told Nick that the best thing that he could do was to leave the little guy alone, that they didn't need his help, and, by the way, who the hell put Nick Fleming in charge of caring for people??  All I had heard to this point from everyone was how Nick was nothing more than a liar and a con-man. We already have the likes of Nick taking care of us, they're called politicians!!!
  I got so mad that I went out and sat in Jerry's truck, waiting for him to return from another room in the hotel.  In th emeantime, Nick came out and came over to the truck window to talk to me, but I did most of the talking.  I told Nick that he was sending up red flag after red flag, that the money he promised to have waiting, that it was just one of the things that was putting some serious wedges between us.  Nick told me that he couldn't carry that much money around, I laughed and told him that $300 (he had given me $200 at the cabin on the first visit) was a joke, and that I was thinking that this entire trip was a joke.
  The next morning Nick came to pick me up at the cabin.  The first thing he did was give me $300.  The first thing I did was count it.  We then headed out to the mountains known as The Caballos.....and it wasn't long before the red flags started going off like Roman Candles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
{alt} Please end this vendetta now. If you make any more posts like this one, you will find every post you make will require a moderator to authorize it. You may also find yourself muted or banned if you continue.

This is NOT a vendetta.  I find it interesting that Christian refuses to remove the posts, telling me that he thought that it was "excellent".  Also, you allow Nick to put his one-sided view on your web site, using my full name, yet when I arrive to tell the truth I am punished.  What gives?Huh? 

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16262.msg104618.html#msg104618
http://www.thunting.com/smf/Themes/default/images/warnwarn.gif

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 09:49:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

No. He was warned, too. Some of the things he said about you were extremely injurious and were removed. The warning has a time limit and goes away after a while. You can't see them any more but he heeded the warning. As you should.

Continue to post this kind of thing and you will not have your posts removed but your privilege of posting will be curtailed or even removed. This isn't a sounding board for your complaints. If you have reason to complain like this, do it in a court of law. Not here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16262.msg104702.html#msg104702

« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 09:51:41 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arc-geo mini
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 07:05:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

GD,
  Totally respectable and understood.  As I said from the start (to seldom) remove these posts if you like.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16262.msg104736.html#msg104736

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 07:21:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by dign4it
GD,
  Totally respectable and understood.  As I said from the start (to seldom) remove these posts if you like.

Actually, Christian's policy is not to delete posts. My advice? Just drop this hot button issue. Most of us understand your intention and to be quite frank, it's not the best scenario in the world. But you'd be better off in every way to just let it go and join in on the fun everyone has here.

Trust me. You'll like it better if you let it go and just enjoy this forum. And if the other guy shows his face here again, you'll see the moderators are just as quick to warn him, too. Believe it.

Why not start another thread and just tell of the technical part of your adventures in this quest? It might be quite interesting and draw a a lot of readers.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16262.msg104739.html#msg104739

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arc-geo mini
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 08:58:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

GD,
  I will stop posting about this topic.  My intentions were not to be vindictive, I just wanted the whole story to be told.     

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16262.msg104751.html#msg104751

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 07:29:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by dign4it
GD,
  I will stop posting about this topic.  My intentions were not to be vindictive, I just wanted the whole story to be told.    

So, did you find it later on or what? Come on, man! Details!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16262.msg104832.html#msg104832

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline bsloan
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

155.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Ace 250
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 05:25:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

I hate that you couldn't complete this story, I was starting to get in to it.   I would really like to read more about your hunts in the mountains. 

Bill

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16262.msg178708.html#msg178708

Offline Connecticut Sam
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

366.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 11:59:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Is the writer a dowser?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16262.msg204530.html#msg204530

Offline wb4rav
Bronze Member

Any day detecting is better than a day at work
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1780.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter 1100, Cen-tech pinpointer, Bounty Hunter 2200 Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Bounty Hunter pinpointer
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 07:18:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I agree. Drop it for the good of everyone including yourself.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,16262.msg210634.html#msg210634

WB4RAV

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: